Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

Chi84

Premium Member
Absolutely but it would be silly to hear the Evil Queen ask “Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the Soprano to rule the all?”
It could be worse:

Evil Queen: "Magic Mirror on the wall, who has the best math scores of all?"
Magic Mirror [played by Chevy Chase]: "I was told there would be no math."

Tha Realest

What do you consider silly and tedious from what you’ve heard?

When did you last watch the original 1937 animated film?
I watched the original a little over a month ago. It holds up beautifully. I had proven to be one of the most timeless films ever.

Silly in the need to do away with some of the intrinsic aspects of the original, in terms of the dwarfs and removal

Chi84

Premium Member
I watched the original a little over a month ago. It holds up beautifully. I had proven to be one of the most timeless films ever.

Silly in the need to do away with some of the intrinsic aspects of the original, in terms of the dwarfs and removal
It’s a beautiful film for its time, but I don’t think a film like that would succeed at all if it were released to modern audiences who knew nothing of its origins or history.

I watched it for the very first time recently and I’ll admit I had a hard time getting through it even with the very short runtime. For modern audiences that want something to grab them from the first instant with an interesting storyline, I don’t think it would work.

It’s just my opinion and I understand it speaks more to the vagaries of current viewers than to the quality of the film. But I don’t think a remake of the original material would be successful, which may be why Disney is deviating so much from the original material.

Tom P.

It’s a beautiful film for its time, but I don’t think a film like that would succeed at all if it were released to modern audiences who knew nothing of its origins or history.

I watched it for the very first time recently and I’ll admit I had a hard time getting through it even with the very short runtime. For modern audiences that want something to grab them from the first instant with an interesting storyline, I don’t think it would work.

It’s just my opinion and I understand it speaks more to the vagaries of current viewers than to the quality of the film. But I don’t think a remake of the original material would be successful, which may be why Disney is deviating so much from the original material.
But, see, that's kind of my point. Why remake it at all then? Why not just let the original stand for what it is, a product of the time, to be appreciated by those who do, and go make something new and different and original? Why do we have to take a classic Disney property and try to remake it according to modern sensibilities and tastes? Is Disney that creatively bankrupt that they can't just do something new?

Chi84

Premium Member
But, see, that's kind of my point. Why remake it at all then? Why not just let the original stand for what it is, a product of the time, to be appreciated by those who do, and go make something new and different and original? Why do we have to take a classic Disney property and try to remake it according to modern sensibilities and tastes? Is Disney that creatively bankrupt that they can't just do something new?
I think it’s because they want to capitalize on their property. After all, it’s a business and their IP is widely-recognized.

I’m not sure what harm it does. If someone feels the way you do, why not simply stick to watching the original and forgo the remake? Why insist they stop making something they believe (sometimes wrongly lol) will make them money and appeal to current audiences?

I could better see your point if Disney abandoned or changed the original but they aren’t doing that. It still exists and I believe is being re-mastered

Tha Realest

I think it’s because they want to capitalize on their property. After all, it’s a business and their IP is widely-recognized.

I’m not sure what harm it does. If someone feels the way you do, why not simply stick to watching the original and forgo the remake? Why insist they stop making something they believe (sometimes wrongly lol) will make them money and appeal to current audiences?

I could better see your point if Disney abandoned or changed the original but they aren’t doing that. It still exists and I believe is being re-mastered
we keep hearing “If you like the original, go watch it” in defense of this film. I’m glad you’re so in favor of audiences continuing to enjoy Disney’s original works despite changing views.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Absolutely but it would be silly to hear the Evil Queen ask “Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the Soprano to rule them all?”
1696039054403.png

:D

BuddyThomas

As if Disney is the only one to remake a film.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Looks like theres going to be competition for hearts and minds for the character of Snow White in 2024. Bentkey productions is producing a film called "Snow White and the Evil Queen" and is slated for their new platform children's show section.

BuddyThomas

Looks like theres going to be competition for hearts and minds for the character of Snow White in 2024. Bentkey productions is producing a film called "Snow White and the Evil Queen" and is slated for their new platform children's show section.
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮It’s being made by the Daily Wire, and if anyone doesn’t know what that garbage company is, look it up.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom