Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

BuddyThomas

These people sound completely ignorant and totally ridiculous. Because they are.

“Boreing took a swipe today at Disney’s upcoming Snow White movie starring Rachel Zegler. Without providing specific evidence, Boreing claimed the House of Mouse’s film “will expose children to the popular but destructive lies of the current moment”.

Chi84

Premium Member
Competition is a good thing. Let the audience decide, the results will be interesting.
It’s going to be pretty confusing. The copyright to the story has expired but I believe (don’t know for certain) that the characters as depicted in the 1937 movie are still trademarked. Snow White won’t be able to wear the iconic dress, the dwarfs won’t be “Happy,” “Dopey,” etc.

If this non-Disney movie steps on the toes of the 1937 Disney animated classic, there may be a few legal issues.

LittleBuford

It’s going to be pretty confusing. The copyright to the story has expired but I believe (don’t know for certain) that the characters as depicted in the 1937 movie are still trademarked. Snow White won’t be able to wear the iconic dress, the dwarfs won’t be “Happy,” “Dopey,” etc.

If this non-Disney movie steps on the toes of the 1937 Disney animated classic, there may be a few legal issues.
I didn't see anything in the teaser to suggest that they were trying to imitate the look of Disney's Snow White.

BuddyThomas

Oops. Don’t tell Disney! 🤣

CAF50DA3-C49F-4451-A9F0-DC191CC47251.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom