Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

MagicHappens1971

I believe most of the shooting is finished. They’d essentially have to remake the whole film for what you suggest to happen.
I believe you are right. And I also know what I’m suggesting is unlikely to happen, but at the least they should just push this straight to Disney+ so it could be forgotten like Peter Pan & Wendy

Tha Realest

Well, Mother gave my post a like, so why don’t you ask her how she feels about it. She’s usually too busy banning me or deleting my posts.

On your other note, one does need to see a film to intelligently comment about it. Until then, it is just speculation.
You have seen as much of the film as the rest of us. We’re all in equal stead in terms of forming initial impressions.

LittleBuford

I believe you are right. And I also know what I’m suggesting is unlikely to happen, but at the least they should just push this straight to Disney+ so it could be forgotten like Peter Pan & Wendy
I disagree. The risk is worth taking. I’m not optimistic it’ll pay off, but I still think it’s worth a shot. There is some real talent involved in this film.

doctornick

You have seen as much of the film as the rest of us. We’re all in equal stead in terms of forming initial impressions.

Furthermore, the silly refrain on here of "you need to see the film to comment on it" is odd when the discussion revolves around box office and the willingness of people to go any watch the film. Basically the entire point is "does what we know about this film inspire me [or other people in general] to want to spend money and time to see the film?"

Whether a person sees the film, heck whether the film is even objectively good, is irrelevant to the point that potential audience members are being turned off or not interested in the film. And that's the problem here. Even if the film is a masterpiece, will anyone go to see it?

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Principle photography was completed in July 2022. So now the producers have to combat both trying to make a coherent production as well as a PR firefight caused by an actress that wasn't hired for her media savvy.

Most audience members just want to be entertained, they don't care about agendas. When any associated agendas media coverage exceeds the actual productions' releases , you get disaffection.

Disney has been pretty much mum about this film other than a few casting and release dates, so the other volume of "news" is winning the pr battle.

BuddyThomas

Principle photography was completed in July 2022. So now the producers have to combat both trying to make a coherent production as well as a PR firefight caused by an actress that wasn't hired for her media savvy.

Most audience members just want to be entertained, they don't care about agendas. When any associated agendas media coverage exceeds the actual productions' releases , you get disaffection.

Disney has been pretty much mum about this film other than a few casting and release dates, so the other volume of "news" is winning the pr battle.
The Hunger Games film comes out first. It will be a blockbuster. You can hate on her all you want but she is shaping up to be a major star.

MagicHappens1971

I disagree. The risk is worth taking. I’m not optimistic it’ll pay off, but I still think it’s worth a shot. There is some real talent involved in this film.
I agree with you on the talent. I have no ill will towards Zegler and think she is very talented, I’m excited to see her in the new Hunger Games film. I just don’t think she was a smart choice for this role, or at least should’ve received some media training before they put her out there.

Chi84

Premium Member
Furthermore, the silly refrain on here of "you need to see the film to comment on it" is silly when the discussion revolves around box office and the willingness of people to go any watch the film. Basically the entire point is "does what we know about this film inspire me [or other people in general] to want to spend money and time to see the film".

Whether a person sees the film, heck whether the film is even objectively good, is irrelevant to the point that potential audience members are being turned off or not interested in the film. And that's the problem here. Even if the film is a masterpiece, will anyone go to see it?
They may if they haven’t already closed their minds. People miss so many good things by pre-judging. Why not wait to see what the film is about before deciding whether or not to see it?

Chi84

Premium Member
at the least they should just push this straight to Disney+ so it could be forgotten
I’m confused as to how you can say this about the film when so little is known about it. If Disney makes a good movie all this “controversy” will be forgotten. I’m looking forward to seeing what they’re going to do with the material.

KeithVH

**Back in my day** (growing up in the 60s and 70s), when we only had 6 TV channels, just about every previously made TV show and movie were on constant rerun on the secondary channels. So, there was a lot of "before my time" TV and movies being consumed. Thus, I was fully aware of my parents' and grandparents' cultural milieu.

I can't imagine with how much content has been made since and is being churned out currently in a tsunami of content how any youth today would know about what were the cultural touchstones of previous eras except for those few movie or TV shows that have remained popular (like Star Wars, which is now 40 years old).

This. +1 gazillion

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom