Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

mickEblu

This is something different than that. Younger people today don't consume content from the past the same as previous generations. There's too much contemporary content. They don't watch old TV shows or movies. Those that read don't read old novels and the classics.

lt makes even the recent past a more foreign place. It's all just the past. Which then makes them more susceptible to getting the activist mindset that everything in the past was bad. Everyone in the past was bad.

That’s a good point. I grew up in the 80s (and 90s) and consumed more content from the past during the 80s than contemporary content and about 60/40 Contemporary in the 90s. Back then you had more old content than new. It wasn’t being pumped out as fast. Does any station play I Love Lucy, Giligans Island and Sanford n Son anymore?

TP2000

Does any station play I Love Lucy, Giligans Island and Sanford n Son anymore?

Antenna TV. It's a national station owned by Byron Allen who just bid $10 Billion for ABC.

In your local LA market, you can find it on your HD dial at channel 5.2, beamed from the top of Mount Wilson.

I watch the San Diego affiliate all the time for the Jack Benny Program, and Burns & Allen.

And sometimes I tune in Antenna TV to watch Benson. 45 years ago, I had a secret Lesbian crush on Miss Kraus. :oops:

77014506-cf15-44a2-8813-d19b503c9576_text.gif

Last edited:

Tha Realest

This is something different than that. Younger people today don't consume content from the past the same as previous generations. There's too much contemporary content. They don't watch old TV shows or movies. Those that read don't read old novels and the classics.
The Office, Friends, and Suits (!?) are often the most streamed and watched shows.

doctornick

I think it will get a theatrical release… promoting as a film written By Greta Gerwig the co- writer and director of Barbie will be too tempting

Even if it were to bomb, feels like releasing to theaters is better than not. Any money they make would be bonus and it can still end up on D+ eventually for more content there. They don't have to do a big/expensive advertising campaign if they don't want to keep those costs down.

LSLS

Even if it were to bomb, feels like releasing to theaters is better than not. Any money they make would be bonus and it can still end up on D+ eventually for more content there. They don't have to do a big/expensive advertising campaign if they don't want to keep those costs down.
I think there is a potential case to be made that Disney has had enough misses in a row right now that their reputation is suffering, meaning people on the fence might stay away just because of how the last few have gone. I think trying to not perpetuate that reputation is a reason they could seriously consider not releasing it to theaters. But, to counter my own argument, another big issue Disney has is they have changed the consumer. People now expect to be able to watch for "Free" on D+ around 3-4 months after opening. Releasing direct to D+ isn't helping that reputation either. I don't envy the people who's jobs are to make these decisions.

erasure fan1

Younger people today don't consume content from the past the same as previous generations. There's too much contemporary content.
I'd say one exception to that is video games. Classic games haven't been this popular since the 16bit era.
From the film that's finished with principal photography?

Ok.

Will that announcement be made along side Kathleen Kennedy's firing?
Speaking of Kennedy, Disney did allow the majority of 2 movies to be almost completely reshot. Not just a few scenes, they basically made the movies twice. So it wouldn't really be unheard of. So I could see them do a major overhaul, or go directly to D+. Neither would surprise me. If I had to bet though, they aren't going to do anything. At this point, anything will be viewed as a negative from either side, so why bother.

Vegas Disney Fan

I think there is a potential case to be made that Disney has had enough misses in a row right now that their reputation is suffering, meaning people on the fence might stay away just because of how the last few have gone. I think trying to not perpetuate that reputation is a reason they could seriously consider not releasing it to theaters. But, to counter my own argument, another big issue Disney has is they have changed the consumer. People now expect to be able to watch for "Free" on D+ around 3-4 months after opening. Releasing direct to D+ isn't helping that reputation either. I don't envy the people who's jobs are to make these decisions.
This was my thought also, they need to tread cautiously because their reputation is taking a beating.

Every financial failure just adds fuel to the fire that they’re not the same quality of company they used to be.

MerlinTheGoat

Rumors are swirling that Disney has fired Zegler from the film. (From clickbait sites….just figured I’d post) Wouldn’t be surprised if they can the whole thing.
The source of that claim is literally just a Tiktok video from some random "Disney is too woke" guy-

I don't follow the other "magic" blog that posted this. But if this is what they consider a "source" worth basing articles on, then it's quite clear why it's a banned source here... They may as well be getting their information from morons like OverlordDVD, Yellowflash2, TheQuartering etc. File this alongside all of the "Kathleen Kennedy has been fired" claims that have been posted multiple times a week for the past 6 years...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The source of that claim is literally just a Tiktok video from some random "Disney is too woke" guy-

I don't follow the other "magic" blog that posted this. But if this is what they consider a "source" worth basing articles on, then it's quite clear why it's a banned source here... They may as well be getting their information from morons like OverlordDVD, Yellowflash2, TheQuartering etc. File this alongside all of the "Kathleen Kennedy has been fired" claims that have been posted multiple times a week for the past 6 years...

You just don't get it. If several dozen nerdrage sites all repeat what the other nerdrage sites are saying, then it must be true... just look at how many sites are saying it!!!

TP2000

I think it will get a theatrical release… promoting as a film written By Greta Gerwig the co- writer and director of Barbie will be too tempting

Okay, I can buy into that. It's a valid point, and I'll bet they use it. At this point, they'd be stupid not to.

Movie Guy Voice: From the director of Barbie comes Disney's latest big screen reinterpretation of a beloved classic...

Heppenheimer

lt makes even the recent past a more foreign place. It's all just the past. Which then makes them more susceptible to getting the activist mindset that everything in the past was bad. Everyone in the past was bad.
I'm not that old (young generation X'er) but I'm amazed how sharply knowledge of past popular entertainment dropped off with the Millennial generation. As just one example that stands out, several years ago when I was procturing a group of medical students, I randomly dropped some quotes from Casablanca that I would have thought virtually everyone knows. Blank stares all around. "None of you have seen Casablanca, or at least recognize these quotes from cultural osmosis?" One piped in, "That was before we were born", to which I replied "How old do you think I am? If only there were a way to record and rewatch entertainment from past decades..."

And yes, I also got the impression that they thought "Old= bad".

MoonRakerSCM

You just don't get it. If several dozen nerdrage sites all repeat what the other nerdrage sites are saying, then it must be true... just look at how many sites are saying it!!!
Funny, some of the more 'popular' or well known 'nerdrage' peeps on the youtubes were all saying that this rumor had no basis in anything, saying their insiders have heard nothing about the claims, and that the rumors were false.

Does that mean I'm allowed to continue listening to those 'nerdrage' peeps since they were right on this?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm not that old (young generation X'er) but I'm amazed how sharply knowledge of past popular entertainment dropped off with the Millennial generation. As just one example that stands out, several years ago when I was proctoring a group of medical students, I randomly dropped some quotes from Casablanca that I would have thought virtually everyone knows. Blank stares all around. "None of you have seen Casablanca, or at least recognize these quotes from cultural osmosis?" One piped in, "That was before we were born", to which I replied "How old do you think I am? If only there were a way to record and rewatch entertainment from past decades..."

And yes, I also got the impression that they thought "Old= bad".
**Back in my day** (growing up in the 60s and 70s), when we only had 6 TV channels, just about every previously made TV show and movie were on constant rerun on the secondary channels. So, there was a lot of "before my time" TV and movies being consumed. Thus, I was fully aware of my parents' and grandparents' cultural milieu.

I can't imagine with how much content has been made since and is being churned out currently in a tsunami of content how any youth today would know about what were the cultural touchstones of previous eras except for those few movie or TV shows that have remained popular (like Star Wars, which is now 40 years old).

BuddyThomas

Lots of broad generalizations here.

MagicHappens1971

It’s getting released. Sorry to disappoint you.

They are having a really bad run of theatrical releases, Elemental aside, a lot of those issues have been bad Word of Mouth. Live-action remake fatigue is REAL. Zegler is garnering really bad press for this film, aside from the bunch that it has already received. It would be better for Disney to reshoot or save face & push this straight to D+.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom