Littlekitten's Monstrous Trip Report

Well hi folks, this is my first ever attempt at a TR so you'll have to bear with me if I get anything wrong :oops:. So sitting here by the pool, at our fab villa, writing this as everyone else is asleep!!!

Yesterday was our first full day here, and so we headed out at 7am in search of some sustenance, we decided to head up to the Golden Corral at little lake Bryan, and as always it didn't disappoint.

From there we headed up to Florida Mall, for a little bit of retail therapy, my 10 year old and 13 year old had money burning holes in there pockets :rolleyes:. So my son brought his 1st pair of Oakleys,
and my daughter hit te make-up and Aeropostale, old navy, and a&f and ..... You lot know the score.
9106927491_efc67c7b52_d.jpg

My DD in the turqouise and my DS trying to eat the M&M
Then we stop for a quick bite at Charleys, and then headed back to the villa for a quick swim in the pool.

EmmabaRose

How weird is that, Its a small world after all. We probably did cross paths, but there were so many people there it was unreal the queue for the car park when we got there was unbelieveable, lucky we had a diamond pass or I dont think we would have got parked, I've never seen it like that before!!!

Yeah I was born around that area, and now a lot of my family live in Kent, so we're probably by you quite a bit.

We had buses from our DTD hotel, and they ran the whole 24 hrs, so thankfully parking wasn't an issue. I was worried we were going to have to drive though! I bet we did at some point, we were there from 8pm-4am so odds are good!

Littlekitten73

Original Poster
Ok so we arrived at the Safari Station and check in and then were asked to wait in a lovely tented seating areawith lots of big cool fans blowing on us whilst our tour guides were preparing for the trip. So took the opportunity to have a photo taken with a friend
9106856601_76f647bbf3_d.jpg
I know he's not real but he's cool all the same, and look i'm modelling those new hats, and you can see the tented area. And just look at how blue the sky is, boy it was hot!!! :)

We then were collected by our guide and for the life of me I can't remember her name but she was lovely. We walked from the guide station acroos past the elephants and ove to the Edge of Africa where they keep the jeeps and boarded our one. We all had to hold on tight to the sides as we were going off road. We started our trek by going around the savannah being told about all the different animals that they have and theyre breeding programs and so on and so forth. Then we got around to one of my favourite things i think i have ever done which is feeding Giraffes.

9106856117_3615d7182f_d.jpg

9106855567_a1e02f7cc4_d.jpg

9109081704_3e726ee6d1_d.jpg

It was the most wonderful experience that we've ever had and i really would reccommend it to everyone if the get the chance.

more tomorrow ...

Littlekitten73

Original Poster
Ok so I lied more today...

So after we had been dropped off back at the Safari HQ we decided to have a little wander about the immediate area, and stop for a drink as we were all thirsty, well I say all of us, for young master Ethan the call of the Jeep was far to much too handle!!!
9106828411_5dd4f863b8_d.jpg

9106853417_ccc38f0292_d.jpg

9106853189_381da10f34_d.jpg

Apparently he was going to take the jeep own his own to do this!
9109052900_a73771b17b_d.jpg

Then he found out that someone had taken the keys!!! :rolleyes:
9106852935_2a03e88179_d.jpg

So we went and had lunch at the Colony Club which was lovely, but we were so hungry I forgot to take photos!!
After that we went on Cheetah Hunt, and then worked our way back up through Morrocco and Eygpt and ended up at the bumper cars just before Jungalia, where again Ethan had a great time
9106920323_1e84c3025b_d.jpg

However his sister was throughly unimpressed and too old to do things like that :rolleyes::)
9106920969_11c9573884_d.jpg

After that we went onto Congo River Rapids, and then just had a stroll round the Tigers to see how big the tiger cubs had got since the last time we had been there, wow their huge, while the kids went into The Jungalia attraction.
9106825347_7ea9b5c531_d.jpg

From there we headed for Gwaii our last ride of the day and as its my DS's favourite we had to go on it, my DD asked if she could run round and go on Kumba again as its her favourite ride so we said yes and arranged to meet up at the front of the park.

When we all got back together we had a bathroom stop and then headed back to the car. Time for dinner!!! We had already decided that we would hit Brandon Shopping Mall on the way home. So we had decided to have dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Oh the food is so delicous ther and the Cheesecake well say no more or I'll be drooling again.
After dinner we decided not to walk round the mall so we drove home and had a early night.

See you tomorrow

Littlekitten73

Original Poster
Day 6 - 28th May

EPCOT

So as a suprise we took the kids back to Kona for breakfast
9109157376_9a4aa17647_d.jpg
Ethan and
9109153100_b01b871377_d.jpg
Jordan were suitably impressed, think this is fast becoming the breakfast spot to go!!:D:D
It was just as fabulous as last time everyone had tonga toast apart from me I had the big kahuna again as i'm greedy apparently :( but I honestly was just really hungry :oops:

On the way out we had a look at the take-away counter:
9106919681_ea3768315a_d.jpg
9106919943_e2d97ff32e_d.jpg

9109147318_01de5bae3f_d.jpg
9109147380_6abe9f197c_d.jpg

But as lovely as they all are we decided we were too full!!!

Off to the monorail where we went back to the TTC and took the Epcot Monorail Loop which again was a 1st for us and went round to EPcot, with me filming all the way!!:rolleyes:

When we got to Epcot I jumped off and took some pics of SSE
9106850203_7f5da716ac_d.jpg

And then we went down and waited in the line to get in.
First up we did SSE as we have never done this before I know WHAT!!! I hear you cry, but when we've been before the line has always been huge and yada yada, so today we bite the bullet and really enjoyed the experience. I got so really good photos inside as well
9106824829_de4302dc66_d.jpg
9106823927_1c7a4f90e6_d.jpg

9109050218_d570a15554_d.jpg
9109049112_8a55edc1a4_d.jpg

Won't bore your with anymor , but I really enjoyed it. After that we headed over to The Land and did Soarin', DH sat out as he gets vertigo and although he did it the last time we were here it made him feel sick so abstained this time.
Whne we had come out it was snack time so made a beeline for Sunshine Seasons where we shared a couple of desserts.
9109146818_ed71acda41_d.jpg
9106919497_3bee29670d_d.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake Red Velvet Whoopie Pie

Throughly enjoyed both of them, refreshed we headed out into the heat again and headed for Nemo after a long line we got on and I decided that I would video the ride again so we could watch whenever we wanted. It was cool as usual. Then we went upstairs and looked at the big tanks.

Headed outside and decided that it was Test Track time it was me and DS together and DH and DD on the other team unfortunately although we beat them in 3 out of the 5 catagories they still beat us over all not fair at all but thems the breaks. We had a great time and although I prefer the old one this one is still very entertaining.

Heading out again we decided to hit the Character spot and meet some characters. Got a good soaking as the fountain was going as we walked/ran past. We saw Pluto, Mickey, and Minnie and they were so great Pluto was an absolute card, he was so funny and it was me he was mucking about with not the kids which was a very magical moment for me.

We then headed up to the World Showcase were we stopped and had our Pictures taken with a photpass photographer. They looked smashing, and after that grabbed a Perry phone and headed to Mexico.....

Littlekitten73

Original Poster
Arrived at Mexico Pavillion, parked the stroller and proceeded to follow th instructions on the Mission phone, we headed inside... We have never been inside before!!! It was so dark, and then our eyes adjusted and oh my its really lovely. Why have we never done this before? I asked of my DH, closely followed by him looking at me and shrugging his shoulders!!:rolleyes:

So we wandered around the market area doing the little mini mission, laughed at the skeleton one. When we'd finished we went on Grand Fiesta Tour, love Donald so this was great. Everyone enjoyed it, we then had a wander around the shops and stalls, and went back outside. WOW how hot must have been at least 90-95 WOW. Just as we started to walk towards Norway, the Mariachi Band came out so we stopped for a while to have a listen.
9109079620_2b73b8a928_d.jpg

They were really good, enjoyed the music immensly but the little darlings didn't want to stand still for too long and it was incredibly hot, so we walked on up to Norway.

Where another first (I think i'm going to changed my title to Monsters and 1st's trip report lol) we went onto Maelstrom,
9106852163_e29fe37662_d.jpg

Awesome ride and learnt alot about Norway too. Ethan hid his face in my shoulder when the Trolls came up but other than that really enjoyable, went through the shop on the way out and found @prfctlyximprct favourite, Ethan decided to reinact her pose
9106851389_936c438b9d_d.jpg
Lol however he decided to pull a really silly face :eek::rolleyes::D
Great time had by all. Went in to Kringla Bakeri but didnt see anything we fancied, I think that Germany was calling.
We moved on.

Heading in to Germany we restrained ourselves, instead of rushing into the sweetie shop, we calmly walked around the shops looking at all the lovely christmas decorations and tankards and such, deciding not to buy the christmas decorations as we are actually going to Essen, Germany at the end November beginning December this year and we will probably get some there. Did take some nice pictures of the Steins and Goblets though.
9148722133_b909d50253_d.jpg
9148722239_640f16f9e5_d.jpg

Okay so enough with the souveniers Karamell Kulche couldnt resist any longer, we brought a big bag of caramel popcorn for m-in-l as she hadnt come today and it is her favourite. I had a chocolate covered caramel square, see below, Ethan and Jordan shared a caramel filled chocolate cookie and Darren had a caramel and marshmallow swirl, oh so so so good,but so sickly and sweet wanted more but 1 really was enough. Lol :oops: We sat and ate these outside the shop in the sun thinking life just doesnt get any better :D:D:D

9106919469_efbc07c827_d.jpg
468096cbb2fa5a6775ea3fa68967215a.jpg
5378864199_e323087acd.jpg

Yum Yum Yum Yum

Sated for the moment we strolled slowly to Italy, and joy of joys the mime juggler was there performing (another 1st) Ethan was absolutely mesmerized we stood and watched, laughed clapped oohed and aahed until he had finished and then decided to get a slice of pizza, only to find that they dont have a slice window anymore, denied :oops: So we carried on wnadering until we reached Japan.

We were so hot by then, well thats what we told our DD we had to go into the pavillion, we wandered over to where the pearl counter was and feigned interest until Jordan wandered over. And then we told her that we were buying her a pearl for her birthday which was the next day. We paid for the pearl at the desk and then the ceremony began it was absolutely fantastic. Jordan was really overwhelmed, and she really enjoyed the attention, the pearl she chose was a 8mm pearl which according to the lady was really quite big. They put it into a bag for us and Jordan has still yet to decide what she wants to do with it. Me thinks shes holding out for next time and maybe she could then have a pair of earrings.

We headed onwards and upwards, the call of France was rather strong from this distance, everyone decided they didnt want to go to morroco so to Vive La France, we again went to Halles as the kids werent with us the last time and got so afternoon desserts. We ate inside as it was too hot!!! On the way out I partook in my new favourite drink Slushies yay me. DH insisted I had my picture taken on the bridge by France as we were walking down to England, which they do look nice but waiting for the photopass cd to arrive. Wlaked on down through Canada and on to go on Figment, a 1st for DH, everyone loves Figment :D
By this point we were exhausted so we got the Monorail back to TTC and then headed back to the villa for a swim and change of clothes ready for our evening out to MK for ELP and Wishes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom