Little Mermaid to receive Updates?

Sped2424

Original Poster
The settings are just too close to the ride track to have any sort of staging. Unlike Pirates where there are cavernous show rooms... you barely hear 2 words of dialog before you are already past the scene..like the first scene with Scuttle....and yeah, the flash photo thing is getting out of hand on all rides... last time i went on Pirates it was more like Paparazzi of the Caribbean....
Another true statement, if we were further from the sets they could hide the lighting way easier, in fact we wouldn't need to notice them at all. I get the notion of wanting to make us feel apart of the film with the distance, but being that close is like being on stage during a play, you see everything the actors do, stage lights, catwalks etc etc.

Marc Gil

I've noticed that the ride is unusually bright. I've also noticed the disco ball, the ceiling, and the catwalks. I think that they should do a better job hiding these backstage elements.

Other than that, the ride is pretty amusing. The Ursula animatronic is jaw-dropping, and I love the Under the Sea portion of the ride.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I've noticed that the ride is unusually bright. I've also noticed the disco ball, the ceiling, and the catwalks. I think that they should do a better job hiding these backstage elements.

Other than that, the ride is pretty amusing. The Ursula animatronic is jaw-dropping, and I love the Under the Sea portion of the ride.
Where is this disco ball? Catwalks?

Having ridden 6 times, I have certainly noticed the ceiling; but not the other elements mentioned. Pics?

TP2000

So we all know mermaid has problems, but who is at fault for em? is it poor budgeting from the execs, or is it imagineering themselves? I like to think a little bit of both. Even with budget concerns a good artist, creator, etc should know how to work and make a good product with those limitations set.

Imagineer Lisa Girolami was the creative designer for this ride in both Anaheim in mid 2011 and it's clone in Orlando in late 2012.

She was the creative leader who designed this ride. Twice.

TP2000

Where is this disco ball? Catwalks?

Having ridden 6 times, I have certainly noticed the ceiling; but not the other elements mentioned. Pics?

The Disco Ball sits directly above the fish-mobile things in the Under The Sea room.
watermark.php

And once you've seen it, it's impossible to miss on any future rides. It just sits up there spinning and staring at you down in your Clammobile, like a bad flashback to 1977 daring you not to hum a Bee Gees tune. How deep is your love, how deep is your love? I really need to know, cause we're livin' in a world of fools...
watermark.php

Take it away, boys!

Last edited:

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
The Disco Ball sits directly above the fish-mobile things in the Under The Sea room.
watermark.php

And once you've seen it, it's impossible to miss on any future rides. It just sits up there spinning and staring at you down in your Clammobile, like a bad flashback to 1977 daring you not to hum a Bee Gees tune. How deep is your love, how deep is your love? I really need to know, cause we're livin' in a world of fools...
watermark.php

Take it away, boys!

Thank you.
Yep, definitely a disco ball.

Bocabear

Remember how on the older dark rides they actually concealed the lighting rigs....you never actually saw a spotlight housing...they were hidden behind rocks or props...it seems a shame that after opening the DCA version they would not have made some improvements to the Florida version to fix the shortcomings and make a better attraction...

Prototype82

I'm sorry. I love the ride too much to complain about it. The water immersion effect, Ursula's AA... Set dividers are made of painted plywood on Maelstrom and people worship the ride. (I know I do.) I do agree with the comment that the company's been all about making things pretty and less about substance lately, but I love NF. That simple ride, Belle's show, and an immersive environment with impressive effects is enough for me. It's Avatar that I won't be holding back on when it comes to criticism. I'm expecting great things.

Jose

Sorry to bump this thread but the refurb is back on in california! So all hope isn't lost for us maybe?
I don't think they close our attraction for 2 months with all the people that want to see it! In DCA is a 5 min queue and in MK is 60 min... o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom