Little mermaid ride video!!

JordanKing

I realize they said that the interior will be exactly the same at Magic Kingdom, but I really hope they are able to tweak a few little details. Otherwise it looks like a great addition.

MotherOfBirds

I realize they said that the interior will be exactly the same at Magic Kingdom, but I really hope they are able to tweak a few little details. Otherwise it looks like a great addition.

They ought to. Now I realize the timeline and circumstances were different, but take Haunted Mansion at DLR and WDW. The WDW HM was slated to be the same thing you'd find at DLR but with a different facade, but when they looked at the DLR HM, they noticed a few issues, like the reduced effectiveness of the moving busts and changing portraits in the queue rather than in the ride, so at WDW they made it part of the ride itself. The fact that they were built in unique locations meant that they needed to make different arrangements when it came to building the show, like the fact that DL needed a way to sneak people under the berm to the showbuilding without them knowing it, but WDW didn't have that problem, so they made changes. I guess that was just my long winded way of saying that there's hope for changes :lol:

gljvd

I don't get the point of this ride , it seems like its finding nemo but with a little mermaid skin on . I think its great to have on the west coast , but wont this just diminish one of the unique draws of epcot ?

MerlinTheGoat

I don't get the point of this ride , it seems like its finding nemo but with a little mermaid skin on . I think its great to have on the west coast , but wont this just diminish one of the unique draws of epcot ?

Point of the ride is to add another new attraction to Fantasyland, what more of a reason do you need? The ride isn't coming to Epcot. And it doesn't have real fish (it's a far more elaborate dark ride than Nemo too). It's taking nothing away from the Seas.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto

:veryconfu

Little Mermaid is to The Seas with Nemo
as
Big Thunder is to The Walt Disney World Railroad

The only things I can tell that are the same between them is the ride vehicles might be similar and they are both set under water? Other than that, I can't even begin to see a connection??? They are both rides? They both use Disney characters?

gljvd

Point of the ride is to add another new attraction to Fantasyland, what more of a reason do you need? The ride isn't coming to Epcot. And it doesn't have real fish (it's a far more elaborate dark ride than Nemo too). It's taking nothing away from the Seas.

My point is that epcot is hurting for reasons to go to it , why clone one of its more popular kid rides and put it in a park 2 minutes away

RSoxNo1

My point is that epcot is hurting for reasons to go to it , why clone one of its more popular kid rides and put it in a park 2 minutes away

It's an omnimover in a clam shell but the vehicle is only one element of the story telling in the ride. They're based on two entirely different entities. A more apt comparison is Winnie the Pooh and Snow White's Scary Adventures. They are similar ride systems right next door to one another, but there are no other real similarities. By comparison, I think The Seas with Nemo and Friends is more comparable to the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage in Disneyland than it is to Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom