Little mermaid ride video!!

MotherOfBirds

Thanks for the video!!

The AA's were great, but am I the only one that thought Ariel looked distinctly... off? The articulation of the figures was amazing, but Ariel just seemed kinda off model.

bgraham34

That was pretty cool. Ursela looks awesome. I can't wait to see this in Florida. I am disappointed that there was no battle with Ursela in the end. I love that part in the movie.

ChrisM

I'm assuming they skipped the battle scene for cost reasons but will actually state that it was skipped because it (A) "wasn't necessary to the story they were telling" or (B) "would be too frightening for young riders".

Both are obviously hogwash.

Nevertheless, they do appear to have the one screen/projection of the giant Ursula between the "Kiss The Girl" and "Happily Ever After" scene. I'm curious as to whether they could eventually upgrade this to be a more dramatic/animated projection of Ursula and Eric doing a little battle. Something to potentially clamor for, perhaps.

jmick71

That was pretty cool. Ursela looks awesome. I can't wait to see this in Florida. I am disappointed that there was no battle with Ursela in the end. I love that part in the movie.

Same here, Kinda disappointed with that, but over all AMAZING. It was so beautiful, it was full of life. I am extremely happy with how it turned out(even just from seeing it from the video, i bet there is allot of detail that we could not see from the video. cant wait for it to be completed in WDW:D. It looks like DCA is back on track, next up CARS LAND!

castevens

I think this does exactly what it was intended to do - step the old-style of pooh/snow white dark rides up a notch with both theming and technology. Not quite the level of HM or PotC, but it wasn't intended to emulate those.

LM 2010

This looks so adorable!! They did a fantastic job and kids and fans of the movie will love it. I love how they used actual footage from the movie in Ursula's crystal ball. Ariel looks a little bride of chuckyish but its fine. Love the movie and think this is a great addition to the classic Disney dark rides!

muse1983

I'm impressed. I feel the "Under The Sea" section could have been a little more convincing ( they could have done a slightly better job at hiding some of the lighting at the top) but other than that little gripe I'm sold. The Ursula animatronic is by far one of the most impressing ones that Disney has created in quite some time. Is it a insane E-ticket ride? No, but it was never billed to be one. Its a charming ride that will fit very nicely in DL and WDW.

imagineer boy

I'm impressed as well. The diving effect was cool, the animatrnoics are great, and its over all very well done. I have few critiques though.

1. The ending is way too abrupt. Somone on YouTube mentioned it makes Ursula looks like the hero by making Arial a human and living happily ever after. I really think they could've gotten more creative by wrapping up the ending better. But its likely a space issue at DL so I hope WDW's will be better and have a longer ending.

2. I don't like the Arial animatronic. I was hoping she'd look better than she did in the promo videos but even under better lighting she doesn't look so good. She looks like a life size Barbie doll. And the cone-head animatronic looks down right silly.

But those two things aside, the ride does looks very nice.

ERich2010

is it me, or did sebastian sound a little... off? like something wasnt clicking in the guys accent.

anywho, it still looks fantastic!

lazyboy97o

It looks nice. "D" seems to be a very fitting label, I think this being called an "E" just shows how little Disney has done to push the field in recent years.

I'm assuming they skipped the battle scene for cost reasons but will actually state that it was skipped because it (A) "wasn't necessary to the story they were telling" or (B) "would be too frightening for young riders".

Both are obviously hogwash.

Nevertheless, they do appear to have the one screen/projection of the giant Ursula between the "Kiss The Girl" and "Happily Ever After" scene. I'm curious as to whether they could eventually upgrade this to be a more dramatic/animated projection of Ursula and Eric doing a little battle. Something to potentially clamor for, perhaps.
Especially since it was a big focus of the original dark ride designed for Disneyland Paris.

muse1983

Just watched it for the 3rd time. It truly is a very solid ride which really captures the look and feel of the film. But man, Ariel really has some crazy eyes during the "Part of your world" scene, I'm not sure why they decided to give her "anime eyes"...

In my opinion like I said before the Under the Sea scene really could use a little more "underwater" effects but other than that I would give the entire attraction a 8.5/10 judging only by the video of course.

TP2000

I really think they could've gotten more creative by wrapping up the ending better. But its likely a space issue at DL so I hope WDW's will be better and have a longer ending.

The ride and track is identical between Disneyland and WDW. The exact same track layout is being installed in the WDW building, only the exterior of the building will be different at WDW.

What you see at DCA in 2011 is what you get at WDW in 2013.

jmick71

idk if it was mentioned hear, but originally there was a plan for the giant Ursula scene, it was in the same spot(after the kiss the girl scene). the plan appeared to be some forced perspective, with Ariel in the foreground sitting on a rock watching eric stabbing Ursula in the far back. it seems it was cut due to budget, but it was in some illustrations as well in the ride model in the blue sky cellar. hopes that this scene will be in WDW!

i will look for some pictures

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom