Lions Gate in talks for Hunger Games theme park attraction

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
One of my points from the start............studies and articles on both side are out there.

Actually, your point originally was only for one side of the equation....

I would also point out that almost all the items here and others all stress that what the kids are doing.....video and gaming, needs to be monitored. The violent games and show. movies can effect different kids in different ways.

You could also say that kids need to be monitored in other areas as well, ones even more potentially harmful than video games....

AKK

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Even if there was a correlation, which none of your sources above claim, there's 4 people listed as having been affected by the games.

Grand Theft Auto[the most cited problem maker (hilariously so as someone who's played it)]'s newest version has shipped 29 million copies already.

4/29,000,000 = .00000014% of the customer base. That's a negligible effect. Shows that these people have many, many other things wrong with them above playing a video game or seeing a movie.
It is actually much lower than the national average. About .000002% of the US population is currently in jail for murder and that is just murder. It does not include violent crimes where no one died.

We can only surmise that violent video games decrease violence.;)

Disneyhead'71

I just got a text from my assignment desk that there is a shooting at a high school 4 miles from my house (West Orange HS). My daughter goes to a different high school. This may make national news.

Tonka's Skipper

You have linked what is in essence 3 opinion pieces. The first one even states..

"Though studies on the issue are abundant, none have been successful at directly correlating video game violence and real-world violence in children."

Opinion pieces are just that...opinions, not facts. Find actual studies that show video games cause violent behavior and get back to me.

You have linked what is in essence 3 opinion pieces. The first one even states..

"Though studies on the issue are abundant, none have been successful at directly correlating video game violence and real-world violence in children."

Opinion pieces are just that...opinions, not facts. Find actual studies that show video games cause violent behavior and get back to me.

and 2 of yours are private company pieces, articles, one of which has 2 doctors with opposite opinions...................

No need I am very comfortable with my supporting details and facts.

AKK

Tonka's Skipper

Even if there was a correlation, which none of your sources above claim, there's 4 people listed as having been affected by the games.

Grand Theft Auto[the most cited problem maker (hilariously so as someone who's played it)]'s newest version has shipped 29 million copies already.

4/29,000,000 = .00000014% of the customer base. That's a negligible effect. Shows that these people have many, many other things wrong with them above playing a video game or seeing a movie.

They very well could have other problems and most if not all of the pieces I have seen keep saying there is no final yes or no on the issue , only various studies on both sides, small in any case and divided opinion.

AKK

Captain Chaos

Tonya, please do us a favor... Bury yourself deep into your 1950's nuclear war bunker and stay there.. the big bad violent word is going to get ya... Be safe and bunker yourself out of society since society is so bad...

Tonka's Skipper

The point is even a fast bing of the net brings out pieces, articles, studies on both side. hek, one of Yoda's pieces has a doctor on each side.

Statics you have here are meaningless, with a out a full large study. Most if not all the pieces do say you need to monitor your kids and seen how they are reacting to any movies, or gaming. Different kids react in different ways.

AKK

Captain Chaos

I saw 3 dead bodies from gun violence before 6:30am. Now, at least 1-17 yer old shot at school. I am waiting on someone to say the solution is more guns.
The solution is more guns!!! Sorry, channeled Wild West Wayne there for a minute... The solution is BAN VIDEO GAMES!!!! Oh sorry, channeled THE WORLD IS BIG BAD AND EVIL AND MAY JUST GET ME Tonya there for a minute...

Tonka's Skipper

I saw 3 dead bodies from gun violence before 6:30am. Now, at least 1-17 yer old shot at school. I am waiting on someone to say the solution is more guns.

God NO.............While I feel we have the right to have guns..............assault weapons are just not required to protect a home or hunt

AKK

Tonka's Skipper

I like how everyone ignored my post from the APA which states the Video games Yes raise aggression but no more then playing a sport.

Frankly as pointed out before................if you look..........you can find opinion, studies and articles on both sides and the middle.

AKK

Voxel

President of Progress City
I actually found data that states that Rampage Killings are about average of what they been through out American History and this was compiled from a list of ALL rampage killings on Wikipedia, While some rampage killings are not on the list it actually provides some interesting information.

Rampage_killings_in_the_United_States_%28incidence_and_victim_numbers%29.png

Disneyhead'71

I don't think anyone on this thread has said the solution is more guns.
Not yet. I am just worn out on Americans exercising their 2nd amendment right to shoot people in the head. I see it WAY to frickin' much. I am only one of 10 Photogs at my station and I go to 3-4 shootings a week. And I live at the "Happiest Place On Earth".

Sorry, it has been a rough day in The Magical Kingdom. I have a 17 year old and I get all weepy when one is being "transported to Orlando Regional Medical Center" from a GSW that happened at school. Especially one that happened 4 miles from my house.

Tonka's Skipper

I actually found data that states that Rampage Killings are about average of what they been through out American History and this was compiled from a list of ALL rampage killings on Wikipedia, While some rampage killings are not on the list it actually provides some interesting information.

Rampage_killings_in_the_United_States_%28incidence_and_victim_numbers%29.png

You have to wonder what happened in the 1920's.

DUUUA!!!. the 20's, Al Capone and the mobster era!

AKK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom