Lions Gate in talks for Hunger Games theme park attraction

Voxel

President of Progress City
The other Massacre in the decade that is included is the Rosewood Massacre which was a racial massacre..

In fact the only Mob Massacre that made that list, Valentine's Day.

Voxel

I can continue with Rampage murders from the 1920's if you would like. I have compiled a long list, sadly.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I can continue with Rampage murders from the 1920's if you would like. I have compiled a long list, sadly.
I have no doubt. Not sure it really has much to do with this thread though, save to show a ridiculous path was followed....

Voxel

I have no doubt. Not sure it really has much to do with this thread though, save to show a ridiculous path was followed....

I was using it to show the level of violence has always been depressingly high. Though one thing I noticed in my research is that Racial massacres/riots are not included into murder statistic(thus we can not have an accurate representation of "Murder" during some decades), and based on the number of massacres I could find in the 1920/30s that were racial in nature, I am kinda intrigued to see to true statistic.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I was using it to show the level of violence has always been depressingly high. Though one thing I noticed in my research is that Racial massacres/riots are not included into murder statistic(thus we can not have an accurate representation of "Murder" during some decades), and based on the number of massacres I could find in the 1920/30s that were racial in nature, I am kinda intrigued to see to true statistic.
Yes, it has. Mankind has always had that propensity, regardless of movies, music, books or video games....

Voxel

I agree! This thread as gone dangerously off course! And we should try to reroute it, Personally I would love to see an adventure parks with ropes course and such with the Hunger Games name to it. It would draw in crowds and hopefully get kids more active.

Tonka's Skipper

I agree! This thread as gone dangerously off course! And we should try to reroute it, Personally I would love to see an adventure parks with ropes course and such with the Hunger Games name to it. It would draw in crowds and hopefully get kids more active.

Did they ever actually say where they were thinking of building a theme park?

AKK

JimboJones123

Hi Yoda,

There are indeed people with that view. I be to differ, over all crime rates maybe going down in some areas, a good deal of that in minor crime, but there is no debate on the murder rate going down.

Just read the paper or watch the news, the nuts killing kids in school, college students killing , home break ins, road rages with crash's and weapons, etc., etc.,. We never had that until the last 30 years with the over the top violent movies and gaming.

Sorry I am sure the studies that say we are wrong, things are sweet and roses mean well, I just don't see it in society.

AKK
If you "watch the news" you are not really getting much news. Just ads being sold to line pockets.

Tonka's Skipper

If you "watch the news" you are not really getting much news. Just ads being sold to line pockets.

If your watching just the network news I totally agree, but there are lots of news on the net.

AKK

JimboJones123

Tonka's Skipper said:
Clearly trolling at this point.

Please read all the posts, not just one.

AKK
I have, and you can only teeter for so long.

I understand that your specific lifestyle is not one that supports patroning such forms of entertainment (which you actually did patron???). But you have been condemning society for understanding that this is a solid story of challenging morality this entire thread. In fact, forcing a perspective over teaching perspectives is at the heart of the story of The Hunger Games.

Are you upset because you side more with President Snow? Are we suppressing art and entertainment with fear over a society uprising? Seriously, that is the EXACT plot of the series.

Tonka's Skipper

quote="JimboJones123, post: 5826510, member: 27800"]I have, and you can only teeter for so long.

I understand that your specific lifestyle is not one that supports patroning such forms of entertainment (which you actually did patron???). But you have been condemning society for understanding that this is a solid story of challenging morality this entire thread. In fact, forcing a perspective over teaching perspectives is at the heart of the story of The Hunger Games.

Are you upset because you side more with President Snow? Are we suppressing art and entertainment with fear over a society uprising? Seriously, that is the EXACT plot of the series.[/quote]

Glad you have the opinion...........find it funny you resort to calling me a liar when I said I when to see the movie that night, since I respected some of the folks here and their opinion, so I went to see for myself. To prove the issue,......let see...............opening with her in a field with a friend, went to her Mom and sisters house....then left on the tour, the first stop the guy got his head shot off and the whipping .......saw the President at the last stop........................the 75 games, the 3rd triquad.....................the President decided to change the rule and use all the previous winners.............is that enough details???????

If you had read my posts my objects are to the over the top blood and gore.........and kids watching this and the effect it can/ may have on them, which you will note has studies and opinion on both sides.. I never once even implied it should be removed or outlawed. I only object to the way the killing and whipping is presented.

I an only comment on this movie at this point, but lets be honest......Snow is a Dictator, like in the Roman empire, using these *GAMES* to try and control the districts which are slowing revolting to the Capitals suppression.................art?......entertainment????.... is not the issue or the point.

Seriously, that is the EXACT plot of this movie anyway. IMHO, you are welcome to yours.

The group here may not like my opinion and that is fine, the insults thrown by some were typical of those that were really unhappy because I could back up my opinions and disprove some of there's and would not back down.

We are not going to change anything in life here.......so we may as well agree to disagree........if that not good enough. I am ready willing and able to continue the discussion.

PS.I have no idea what the Teeter is about.........AKK

Last edited:

Voxel

Back on topic guys. As much as I am enjoying this discussing the last 5+ pages have been not on topic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom