Rumor Lion King Flume Ride being considered for Animal Kingdom

BrianLo

I've got no qualms with this coming to Paris if people want it, seasonal concerns being disregarded. The issue is why it isn't also a lock and confirmed for Animal Kingdom as well. And on top of that, the rumor is that DAK would be getting a stripped down lesser variant. Complete insanity.

Feels to me like they picked the spread the love option (Monstropolis) and upsize Magic Kingdom option as opposed to going all in on mostly Animal Kingdom. I’m not sure if that is the correct choice, it might be, but I understand the choice.

What I hope for is two things. I really think a night show is on the table for DAK for 2027. It’s way too early to be firm on entertainment that far out. Second, is that the next mass project cycle 2030-34 includes another moderate spend on DAK and probably Epcot.

Horizonsfan

I can't shake the feeling that a replay of the MMRR announcements might occur for the Lion King flume:
Step 1) Announce it as an "exclusive" at D23 to sell the idea every resort's getting special attention.
Step 2) Two years later, reveal that it's coming to another park. Surprise! Duplicate will open 2ish years after first.

TBH, I could see that happening for a number of things from last night.

doctornick

I can't shake the feeling that a replay of the MMRR announcements might occur for the Lion King flume:
Step 1) Announce it as an "exclusive" at D23 to sell the idea every resort's getting special attention.
Step 2) Two years later, reveal that it's coming to another park. Surprise! Duplicate will open 2ish years after first.

TBH, I could see that happening for a number of things from last night.

I kind of feel like that as well. Both the TLK ride in Paris and Coco in DCA seem like things they could easily fit into WDW but perhaps they wanted to announce them with an air of exclusivity. It's certainly interesting that no clones were announced at D23 - neither something being developed for two places at once or a copy of an existing ride.

SplashJacket

Why, oh why, oh why, oh why is it based on the live action one? Also the resemblence to a certain recently defunct Mountain is interesting to say the least.
View attachment 808101
Both the Disney Parks Blog post and the models on display at D23 showcase and indicate that this land is based off the animated film. The concept art has got to be recycled from another earlier idea they had.
If I had to guess, that art was likely made for a potential retheme to Disneyland's Splash Mountain. The logs are single-file, whereas the model shows 4 rows of 3.

Chef idea Mickey`=

If I had to guess, that art was likely made for a potential retheme to Disneyland's Splash Mountain. The logs are single-file, whereas the model shows 4 rows of 3.

Yes it's going to be based off the Animated

I don't think it was for Disneyland because here in WDW Tiana has a lot of gaps and so someone said the reason was Tiana was a ride created for Disneyland and not WDW which is obvious for New Orleans Square there. Only unless this was concept tossed around before they decided to pull the plug on Splash Mountain but also Moana was teased as a flume type ride on the first concept land illustration for Dinoland.

Last edited:

fgmnt

Yes it's going to be based off the Animated

I don't think it was for Disneyland because here in WDW Tiana has a lot of gaps and so someone said the reason was Tiana was a ride created for Disneyland and not WDW which is obvious for New Orleans Square there. Only unless this was concept tossed around before they decided to pull the plug on Splash Mountain but also Moana was teased as a flume type ride on the first concept land illustration for Dinoland.
If 17/19 represent some 11th (and 12th) hour cancellations, I think 24 represents some 11th hour greenlights and switches.

Chef idea Mickey`=

I would assume this. It varies drastically from what Paris is getting (classic Disney animated and 3 wide, not single-file), but both would make sense as a Splash Mountain DL concept that didn't advance too far.

But if so then thus concept would have to date back to between 2018 and 2020. They claim they naturally wanted to retheme Splash Mountain since 2018. Could this be additional concepts thrown around it just to look at other choices even for Animal Kingdom as they were testing things out before choosing Moana at the time.

Mike S

I kind of feel like that as well. Both the TLK ride in Paris and Coco in DCA seem like things they could easily fit into WDW but perhaps they wanted to announce them with an air of exclusivity. It's certainly interesting that no clones were announced at D23 - neither something being developed for two places at once or a copy of an existing ride.
Could this count for some of our “exclusives” I wonder?

Bocabear

Lion King to Hollywood Studios Paris makes about as much sense as Moana in Epcot...lol That really should have been a DAK exclusive....and maybe something else to DLP...I guess they will create a whole miniland to support it....next to the Frozen Miniland

Gusey

Lion King to Hollywood Studios Paris makes about as much sense as Moana in Epcot...lol That really should have been a DAK exclusive....and maybe something else to DLP...I guess they will create a whole miniland to support it....next to the Frozen Miniland
By turning the park into Disney Adventure World, Disney can get away with adding anything to the park that allows you to enter the Worlds of Disney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom