Rumor Lion King Flume Ride being considered for Animal Kingdom

James Alucobond

No excitement here, only mourning.
Do you have a desperate need to misrepresent people expressing preferences with regard to attraction content? There is no mass wailing and gnashing of teeth. Most people in the thread agree on wanting new things built and will probably move on and still enjoy the parks even if the added attractions don’t exactly meet their hopes and expectations. But before a formal announcement, people are going to discuss what direction they would prefer. It’s not a big deal.

CoasterCowboy67

Do you have a desperate need to misrepresent people expressing preferences with regard to attraction content? There is no mass wailing and gnashing of teeth. Most people in the thread agree on wanting new things built and will probably move on and still enjoy the parks even if the added attractions don’t exactly meet their hopes and expectations. But before a formal announcement, people are going to discuss what direction they would prefer. It’s not a big deal.
lol chill. Obviously it’s not just mourning here

Moka

The lion logo is next to the Tree of Life on the D23 poster, not DCL.
Honestly, I was under the impression that the Lion King addition to DAK was far off from an announcement, but given this little detail in the D23 poster, am I wrong to assume this? I assumed Paris was going to be announced first, definitely didn't think both at the same event. I welcome it, regardless.

DisneyHead123

Honestly, I was under the impression that the Lion King addition to DAK was far off from an announcement, but given this little detail in the D23 poster, am I wrong to assume this? I assumed Paris was going to be announced first, definitely didn't think both at the same event. I welcome it, regardless.

Wondering if it could be a new nighttime show vs. a ride. No insider info here though, just speculating.

Moka

What lion logo?
Screen_Shot_2024-07-23_at_2.18.50_PM.png

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Not that I’d want an attraction to be based on the Live action version but I saw Jungle Book for the first time in a few years last night. Forgot how good it is. One of the only live action remakes I enjoyed.

A Jungle Book attraction is long overdue. Aladdin too (Cave of Wonders anyone?) but that's a different discussion/park. Shame they let Kali River limp along. I guess it gets adequate GSATs though. Wouldn't hurt my feeling any to see it get the IP mandate treatment. A Jungle Book rapids ride in an Animal-themed amusement park? Crazy, right?

Last edited:

mickEblu

A Jungle Book attraction is overdue. Aladdin too (Cave of Wonders anyone?) but that's a different discussion/park. Shame they let Kali River Rapids limp along. I guess it gets adequate GSATs though. Wouldn't hurt my feeling any to see it get the IP mandate treatment. A Jungle Book rapids ride in an Animal-themed park?

Aladdin and Jungle Book are at the very top of the list. Followed by Mary Poppins!

doctornick

Not that I’d want an attraction to be based on the Live action version but I saw Jungle Book for the first time in a few years last night. Forgot how good it is. One of the only live action remakes I enjoyed.

Jungle Book is IMHO the only live action remake that surpasses the quality of the original. If they ever would bring Jungle Book into DAK - and I think they should! - I'd favor using the live action version as the basis.

mickEblu

Jungle Book is IMHO the only live action remake that surpasses the quality of the original. If they ever would bring Jungle Book into DAK - and I think they should! - I'd favor using the live action version as the basis.

I agree that the live action movie is better but still the think the ride should be based on the animated version. The characters are more charming and the versions of the songs are more iconic. Overall, the animated version has everything you need to make a good ride. Besides, Jungle Cruise kind of has the live action animals thing covered.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

I agree that the live action movie is better but still the think the ride should be based on the animated version. The characters are more charming and the versions of the songs are more iconic. Overall, the animated version has everything you need to make a good ride. Besides, Jungle Cruise kind of has the live action animals thing covered.
Plus, the animated one's been begging for an attraction for a while.

Inspired Figment

The Jungle Book has a more outright connection to man and nature than The Lion King, it's why both the stories and film stood the test of time. It's just a timeless story on how man and nature interact that fits into DAK cleaner than Lion Hamlet.
Ya know if the Lion King flume ride is guranteed.. there’s always the possibility, if they wanted to.. they could make the Festival show Jungle Book to balance things out/add more variety Otherwise, I def think Jungle Book being the ride and then keeping the Festival of the Lion King works out best. But truthfully, either way is fine IMO.

Last edited:

etc98

Ya know if the Lion King flume ride is guranteed.. there’s always the possibility, if they wanted to.. they could make the Festival show Jungle Book to balance things out/add more variety Otherwise, I def think Jungle Book being the ride and then keeping the Festival of the Lion King works out best. But truthfully, either way is fine IMO.
I’d hope not. A Jungle Book show makes no sense in Harambe. Unless they were to move the theater a second time, which isn’t going to happen

doctornick

Curious, if Lion King land for DLP is announced, but Lion King isn't announced for Animal Kingdom, how likely is it that the rumors for a Lion King Ride for AK was just confused with rumors for DLP's Lion King land??
P.S., today is National Lion Day, so as appropriate day to announced a Lion King attraction
It’s not entirely clear that a TLK ride at DAK would be a clone of what is planned for Paris. It very well might be two completely different concepts

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom