Rumor Lion King Flume Ride being considered for Animal Kingdom

brb1006

Jim Hill and Jim Shull deserve a major apology for doubting their rumors for the Monsters Inc Land and Lion King Land and Flume rides after tonight.

Last edited:
Good Dinosaur sucks. Pochahontas is abhorrent problematic. Bug’s Life is about what happens when workers rise up against unfair conditions.

That answers three of them.
From an animation perspective, Good Dinosaur is incredible. As an animator, I nerd out about that movie. The waterfall scene uses more rendering data than the entirety of Cars 2. I also am one of the few people that didn’t think the story was THAT bad. I liked that it was simple. But regardless of your take on those movies, my main point was that Disney has a lot of animal/ nature content to work with. Wouldn’t be mad if they built a new land at DAK called the “Northern Woodlands” or something

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Why, oh why, oh why, oh why is it based on the live action one? Also the resemblence to a certain recently defunct Mountain is interesting to say the least.
454253625_762656929192454_3550710294161900720_n.jpg

Gusey

Is it possible that they just didn't want to "steal the thunder" from Paris and this is still planned for DAK? And they might quietly start working on it? I mean, the park really needs the additional capacity.
I still think this wasn't happening. The rumor started as a significant addition to AK outside of Tropical Americas, people speculated that it could be the Lion King ride coming to Paris, then it morphed into "It has to be a Lion King flume for AK"

Moka

Why, oh why, oh why, oh why is it based on the live action one? Also the resemblence to a certain recently defunct Mountain is interesting to say the least.
View attachment 808101
Both the Disney Parks Blog post and the models on display at D23 showcase and indicate that this land is based off the animated film. The concept art has got to be recycled from another earlier idea they had.

Attachments

• GUrTT8rXMAAsmZT.jpeg
    GUrTT8rXMAAsmZT.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 147
  • GUrTT8sWkAAibpJ.jpeg
    GUrTT8sWkAAibpJ.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 150

nickys

Premium Member
Which is funny cause the Paris climate and winters were the most cited reasons for why Splash was never brought over there.
And this is basically Splash with another new theme, as far as I can see from the model.

They’ve obviously had a change of heart. Didn’t someone post recently that Europa Park &/or Efteling runs log flume rides year round?

They could take a leaf out of Legoland Windsor and install giant dryers that people stand in to dry off at the end of Viking River Splash - you really do get soaked to the skin. And that’s in the summer! 😂😂 it only opens 6 months of the year though.

AndyS2992

It's also such an odd choice to place a water ride such as this in a climate where it's cold enough to snow. Seems like a major misstep regardless of whether or not it ends up in DAK.
European winters might be cold, but summers have been hot as hell in recent years, especially in France so this is most welcome. It's cold and rainy here in the UK most of the year yet all our major parks have both rapid rides and log flumes. They can just do what Tokyo does and lowers the water level at the bottom of the drops in the winter months to avoid a splash.

I've been praying for Splash Mountain to come to Paris for YEARS, don't ruin this for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom