Lines at the FP+ entrances

Disneyfamily4

Everyone's opinions are obviously going to be different, based on the different times of year we all go, but for me, everything that happens this March & April will be compared to my experience last March and April. It wont be compared to someones September trip, because the park is obviously not as busy.

Last year during the peak season, with Easter at the end of March, we never waited at the fast pass entrance longer than a couple of minutes. If we have to wait 15-20 minutes this year, like some have said they have, then for our experience, this new system is a failure.

Last year we were able to pull more than 3 fast passes to enjoy the majority of all the rides. After our limited 3 fast passes are done this year, if we now have to then wait in super long standby lines, again for us this system does not work.

Park hopping is the biggie here for us. We love to change to parks. Last year if we planned to park hop, we would start the day at Epcot or Hollywood Studios first. Enjoy their two head line rides, then park hop to Magic Kingdom to finish off the day. This year, the fast pass limit to one park will most likely change our experience. We are paying more money, getting less. Whichever park we pick when we park hop to use the fast passes, that will then leave us fast pass empty for the other park. In September, when crowds are low, waiting in lines are not a problem. In March and April, even when it is super early in the morning, standby lines get long real quick. In the peak season, we usually get to the park no later than 10am. At that time, Standbys are already at 30-40 minute waits.

Belowthesurface

You are wrong. Disney announced this with the program. If a persons fast pass choice breaks down, a fast pass for any ride will be put on their bands for them to use at any time. It allows them the choice to come back when the ride is working, or to just do another ride.

This is the last time I will tell you this, they cannot go to any ride of their choice. Why do no attractions give FP to meet and greets if they are broken? Why do meet and greets only give FP to other meet and greets if it is down?

Let's take Fantasyland for example. If Pooh breaks down, you can redeem that Pooh FP only at other Fantasyland attractions excluding meet and greets. The new paper FPs that are given out in case of ride evacs have specific attractions you can use them out. Once again, if you get evaced off Pooh, you get a paper FP that entitles you to any attraction in Fantasyland, except meet and greets. You CAN'T use it anywhere you want.

Hobnail Boot

I think if they did this it would speed everything up...

In Nov there were 2 lines that this happened at.

The entrance for FP was very backed up. They had just one family member scan a band at the first post, and then everyone scanned at the second. This sped the process up extremely quickly...I could definately see then doing this in the future and is a quick fix to the problem.
This happened to me in December as well. The FP+ line for KS was backed up and switchbacking into a congested Harambe. A cast member joined the ones at the poles and started asking how many per party and had only one person scan for the whole party. The line started to FLY. Obviously this isn't foolproof, but I think this practice would definitely help right now (if they aren't already doing it).

Cubfan300

I think a lot of those folks going to the FP return line really don't know any better, for a variety of reasons.

The problem with moving the initial point furth up the question is what you would do with those that shouldn't be there. They'd be salmon swimming upstream.
Precisely, it would only need to happen once (or twice) for them to get the picture, this isn't the line for you. It is a solution, not necessarily the best solution. :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The more I read this thread the more I am after these extinct pieces of paper in WDW.
Simpler times.

Bg71GsxCMAAOesL.jpg

touringplans

Susan Savia

Just got back from 2 weeks in the parks. There were long lines in all the parks for the FP+. At first we wondered what the lines were for and followed a few of them to see what they went to. Yep, folks waiting to get a FP. Hardly seems worth it to stand in line for 40 minutes for a couple fast passes. We used the regular que line or single rider lines and in all instances never waited more then 20 minutes. Also, waiting in line to get thru the gate in the mornings, we found that they moved quickly. CMs were all around to help out.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I still don't understand why waiting a few minutes to be able to skip the entire line is in anyway unreasonable or a major inconvenience.

I'm sorry, but what, exactly, is the big deal? So you have to wait a few minutes to scan your band and then you get to skip the entire stand-by line and there is almost no wait at all at the other end of the line because they've weeded out everyone who shouldn't be there. I get that it isn't perfect and that it isn't what you were used to, but seriously, this seems like a petty complaint.

The waiting outside FP entrance is not a big deal, and its not a MAJOR inconvenience. To me, and probly many others (and not just here on this board), I recall Disney advertising MM+ as a guest ENHANCEMENT. It has enhanced nothing aside from the fact that we can we make or change FP+ on our phone or computer. The app is handy, but thats all we got.

I have visited several times since MM+ started and didnt ruin our vacation in any way, we had fun each time. But MM+ played no part in that. I DID NOT see or feel any enhancement. I DID see longer lines at FP and park entrance, and people at front desk and MM+ service spots having issues with bands. All problems that rarely occurred before this but they happen constantly now. How is that enhancement? Because Disney says so? lol

Im not making petty complaints, just calling it like I see it. Im sorry if I havent bought into the whole "enhancement" sales pitch, because its false. People just get so offended when you point out MM+'s ugly side and they feel this desire to make excuses for it. Ive heard the same excuses for months but nothing has gotten better, just more problems. Yes, the people who couldnt FP TSMM before, can do it now. Thats great. It cost over a billion dollars to make that happen because people didnt want to arrive at the parks before 10 am and get a paper FP.

I just have one simple question. If MM+ is sooooo great for the guest, why is not being installed at any of the other Disney parks around the globe? Especially at Shanghai where it would be so much easier to install the components now rather than retro fit things later. Boom...Roasted

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Should they have a FP+ Wait time listed for each of the FP+ lines?

Match the mickey to the mickey? more like guinea pig.

Here's a few twitter pics from this weekend some found:

https://twitter.com/mist3rm4tt/statu...936513/photo/1
https://twitter.com/spchampion/statu...480128/photo/1
https://twitter.com/kelbelle/status/...217408/photo/1
https://twitter.com/Libsterdoodles/s...346560/photo/1

Kiosk line

https://twitter.com/AutismAtThePark/...661952/photo/1

Those are all fake. HAHAHAHa

Fractal514

I just have one simple question. If MM+ is sooooo great for the guest, why is not being installed at any of the other Disney parks around the globe? Especially at Shanghai where it would be so much easier to install the components now rather than retro fit things later. Boom...Roasted

First off, I don't know that I think that it is great, merely that I enjoyed using it. As far as why it isn't being added to other parks, well, I know folks don't like hearing this, but they are still working on it and testing and tweaking it. Maybe after they've got it down to a system that they feel is stable, then perhaps we'll hear a different story.

I think that there are going to be hiccups going forward because Disney didn't really do a good job of getting the cast on board, and just as there are nay-sayers on here who have pre-judged the system from the start, so too are there cast members who decided they weren't going to like it at the beginning and who have carried that negativity on to guests.

I also think that WDW is a different animal from the other Disney resorts, in many ways, and that things that work elsewhere wouldn't work here, and vice versa.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
First off, I don't know that I think that it is great, merely that I enjoyed using it. As far as why it isn't being added to other parks, well, I know folks don't like hearing this, but they are still working on it and testing and tweaking it. Maybe after they've got it down to a system that they feel is stable, then perhaps we'll hear a different story.

I think that there are going to be hiccups going forward because Disney didn't really do a good job of getting the cast on board, and just as there are nay-sayers on here who have pre-judged the system from the start, so too are there cast members who decided they weren't going to like it at the beginning and who have carried that negativity on to guests.

I also think that WDW is a different animal from the other Disney resorts, in many ways, and that things that work elsewhere wouldn't work here, and vice versa.

I'd like to add a couple observations and thoughts too...

Disney should have done more extensive testing with CMs who would be entrusted to support the system both behind the curtain and at the parks live. Allow the CMs to provide active feedback, validate bug fixes and supply them in-house application devices before it was submitted for public use. This would have helped with app stability and speed, hopefully discovered some of the bugs and most importantly left paying customers out of the test phase as long as possible.

I also enjoyed using it somewhat but found the ability to reschedule my FP+ reservations a huge bonus and it alone added a lot of convinience to my vacation. We were very heavy FP users until my wife became wheelchair bound and were provdied GAC but still used them to avoid using the pass quite a bit. We were not power FP users by any stretch and used 2-3 per day on average while visiting during Christmas week. MBs, I could take it or leave it but do like the higher level of security it adds to my room charging although I never had a problem in the past so all is even there.

Based on the amount of capital spent on this truely massive IT project, there is no doubt in my mind that Disney intends to roll MM+ to the other parks worldwide as time goes on, the bugs are identified and fixed. They do keep enhancing the system even while fixing the issues which leads me to believe they will add park-hopping, the ability to get a fourth or more FP+ if there is availability after you have used the three advance FPs, and much more.

It does concern me greatly just how much information they will be able to aggregate based on usage even at the individual level. In the near future I expect they will start sending me friendly reminders that I spent 15 minutes looking a widget and did not buy it, press now to purchase it and have it sent to my room.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

If that were the case they would have probly announced it by now. And why would they want to spend all the extra money to go back and retro fit when they could at least install it now and activate it later after its stable?

I think it's safer to say that other parks don't wanna touch it because it's way to big of a risk and has shown little to no effects financially or to Guest enhancement.

Iger and crew said there would be ROI by 2013 yet he is still dodging questions from wall street in 2014.

Their new ads are asking people to come be a part of the test. Lol. Mm+ isn't attracting people to visit so they have to make ads that ask people to come be a guinea pig. Lmao now.

I think it's great that people find it handy to use MDE when needed. I enjoyed using it. I wouldn't say they hit a home run with it, but it's a least a standing double. But that's the only thing they got going for em right now.

Just look at those twit pics that @ChrisFL posted. That speaks volumes. And the people who posted those pics aren't from this board and they don't seem vary happy.

PBarton

Yes, the people who couldnt FP TSMM before, can do it now. Thats great. It cost over a billion dollars to make that happen because people didnt want to arrive at the parks before 10 am and get a paper FP.
This sums everything up perfectly!

And the other "alleged" benefit of not having to ziz-zag around the parks to get FP's is invalid anyway, as you have to zig-zag around the park from rope drop to make sure you get to ride all your non FP+ reserved rides.

CMC2920

Not to throw the FP+ cast under the bus, but a main reason for a lot of the lines at FP+ is due to the CMs who work there. When FP+ was offered as a transfer opportunity, Disney struggled to find many CMs who wanted to leave their current positions to join the FP+ team. This is where things went COMPLETELY wrong. Most of the transfer requests came from people who had issues with their current managers, or were even FORCE transferred to FP+. This resulted in a less than stellar team being formed. Let's just say that the FP+ team is REALLY looked down upon by other areas, and a majority of guest complaints are made about the lack of courtesy and "rushed" feeling people experience when at FP+ kiosks. There is just a lack of care from the CMs who work there, and understandably so, considering what type of CMs were brought in to join the team.

I don't think a lot of people understand how Fastpass+ works from the other side so I'm going to offer a little perspective. We have ratios. If the Fastpass+ line starts getting really backed up, we start letting more of those people in than Standby. I have no idea if it has made lines longer or shorter because I haven't been working at the mansion for very long! Fastpass+ does have some issues and frustrations, but most of the ones people complain about are ones that existed with the Legacy Fastpass system. One of the things that frustrates me and that definitely holds up the line, is the fact that if the magicband/card is denied, the podium blinks blue for 15 SECONDS. That's a long time that that podium cannot read another card/magicband and it is definitely something that needs to be changed. The Haunted Mansion is unique because the ride is not really set up to deal with Fastpass very well, so I don't recommend getting one for our ride unless it is in the middle of the day. Just wait until night time or come in the morning when we aren't as busy. One thing I've definitely noticed is that people don't understand that they can change their fastpass if they did it at a kiosk. We have to explain that to them. Just my opinions here, feel free to ask questions!

MrNonacho

Premium Member
One of the things that frustrates me and that definitely holds up the line, is the fact that if the magicband/card is denied, the podium blinks blue for 15 SECONDS. That's a long time that that podium cannot read another card/magicband and it is definitely something that needs to be changed.

Does the "Clear Screen" button not work there? I've had touch points act a bit screwy and not let you hit the button once in a while but I don't think I've ever had it lock everything out for that long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom