Lines at the FP+ entrances

Goofyernmost

Thanks for the answer ! So that means I wouldn't get to pick any rides ahead of time. That stinks .. all the good ones would probably be gone the day of :( oh well ... I'm still at Disney so I'll take it !
Didn't go at peak season, in fact, just last week. I didn't arrive in MK, from offsite, until after 11 AM. I went directly to the FP+ Kiosk, asked for a FP+ for Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan. My window for JC started at 12:30, Haunted at 1:50 PM and Pan at 2:50 PM. Time will tell how that will hold up during High Season, but, for now it was a total surprise. The next day at Epcot, almost the same time. I got a FP for SSE @ 1:30, saved me about 10 minutes (no big deal), Living with the Land @ 3:35 (didn't use it, didn't need it. It was a walk on.) and Soarin @ 4:45. That one saved a 60 minute standby wait. All in all the Magic Card and the FP+ connection worked flawlessly for me.

PBarton

Just got back from the World, staying 14 nights at POFQ with my wife (13th visit).. HATED the whole FP+ experience - Will not be in any rush to go back unless major changes are made to this Billion Dollar Lemon.

We set up our account 60 days out and booked our 3 FP's per day (which was insane, but thought we should at least have something in-place). Customisation of Bands etc worked fine and we did the online check-in - everything was ready at the desk when we got there.

Hated FP+, as stated before - this mainly highlighted how little there actually is to do at Hollywood Studios and Future World. I have not seen this mentioned so far but one thing we did notice is that Standby times posted outside several rides were FAR higher than they actually were in reality - we think this is to make guests think that the FP+ has more value than it really has.

For example -

We were walking past Spaceship Earth one evening - the standby queue had a wait time listed as 20 minutes, however, we could see straight up into the loading area - there was no queue at all on the slope and nobody in the doorway. I asked the CM at the FP+ if the wait time was correct and was told it was.. we walked through the standby entrance and onto the ride within 1 minute! However the 20 minute wait stated outside would give someone holding a FP+ the impression that they are getting a (false) value over the regular queue.

Example

We had a FP+ for the Little Mermaid ride - we passed Peter Pan's Flight with a posted 40 minute wait (which was accurate as you can see the amount of people in the queue), we looked at the App and saw that we could change our LM FP+ and discussed changing it to PPF, but decided against it as we had not rode LM that day. When we got to LM the standby time was stated as 40 minutes, so decided to use our FP+ - what a waste, when we got to the loading area, we realised that it was a walk-on, so we wasted a FP.. could have used standby. The standby queue is hidden, so there is no real way of seeing how busy the ride actually is. Again we think the 40 minute wait stated at the entrance was to give false value to guests holding a FP+ The CM at the FP/Standby merge inside even allowed 3 people who walked straight through the standby line to ride before us!

Another day, I visited the front desk of POFQ with the intention of booking a Carriage Ride for my Wife and myself. After arranging the time and date for this experience, the CM asked me for a Credit Card to complete the reservation.. no problem I said - we have a Credit Card linked to our Magic Bands, use that. "Sorry" said the CM, cant do that - It's on a seperate system!... Didnt bother booking after hearing that.. thats a $45 loss to Disney..

We had a Credit Card linked to our Magic Band, but did not spend even 1 Cent on it... HA HA

Another day we had FP+ for Animal Kingdom (all 3 before 1PM), we saw that it was Extra Magic Hours Morning at DHS so decided to set the FP's for Animal Kingdom back to later in the day - we managed to put all 3 back to later in the afternoon, so headed to DHS for about 8:15. We headed straight to TSMM and saw that the standby queue was already outside the door and was a 45 minute wait - this is 15 minutes after the park openend to resort guests only. Didn't bother waiting, so rode TOT and Star Tours.. Headed over to Muppetvission to find out that it had broken down. As FP+ does not allow park hopping FP's we headed over to Animal Kingdom, which we should have just done in the first place. That's 1.5 hours wasted..

One day we had a FP+ for the Safari at AK - the queue to get into the FP+ entrance was crazy! At least 80 people infront of us. There were several CM's and managers hanging around the queue looking highly embarrased - one of the CM's said to a manager that it was always like this - next minute the manager got on his walkie-talkie and suddenly we were told that only one member of each party with a FP+ reservation had to scan their MB/ticket - the queue suddenly moved at lightning speed - if this is more effective, why can't this be the standard policy?? It just seemed that the manager didn't want to see that the whole FP+ system is a train wreck and was in denial. lol

Imagineers perfected the theming of the Haunted Mansion, so it seems crazy to have that flat screen monitor on the wall as the 2 queues merge.. i'm sure they had access to that tech more that 100 years ago...

FP+ was supposed to allow guests to have a few extra hours in bed in the morning and still manage to get FP's (which is stupid in our opinion, we are spending 9 hours on a plane and thousands of dollars to get there, so we are certainly not wasting valuable holiday time in bed) but now you have to be there for rope drop if you want to ride everything at the MK).

Like I said, we will not be any hurry to return. We booked January for the first time (usualy September or May) as it was over £1000 cheaper, what you would pay now 2 weeks at POFQ would have got us 2 weeks at the Grand Floridan 5+ years ago. Anyone who thinks this whole FP+/MM+ system is a good value over new attractions or maintainance needs to lay off the Disney Cool-Aid..

Seeing 2 Female CM's freezing cold and soaking wet trying to shelter from the rain under the Monorail beam infront of the land pavillion at Epcot holding a FP+ sign really adds to the experience. Billions spent, maybe a few umbrellas would have taken FP+ over budget???"

Over ONE THOUSAND MILLION dollars for this nonsence...

Bring back Eisner

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

One day we had a FP+ for the Safari at AK - the queue to get into the FP+ entrance was crazy! At least 80 people infront of us. There were several CM's and managers hanging around the queue looking highly embarrased - one of the CM's said to a manager that it was always like this - next minute the manager got on his walkie-talkie and suddenly we were told that only one member of each party with a FP+ reservation had to scan their MB/ticket - the queue suddenly moved at lightning speed - if this is more effective, why can't this be the standard policy?? It just seemed that the manager didn't want to see that the whole FP+ system is a train wreck and was in denial. lol
You did make some great points, but regarding the 80 people in front of you, this has ALWAYS been the case with Fastpass, the only difference in these situations is that you wait longer to enter the queue and less inside the queue because of the longer "check in" time.

Disneyfamily4

We returned yesterday and I agree FP+ does not suit our family

As you can see from everyone's posts and likes on here, the majority feels the same way. For my family of 4, this FP minus is going to seriously take away things from our March/April trip.

Especially at Epcot. My daughters favorite ride is test trek. My son's favorite is Soaring. Every trip, we do both by using fast pass on the same day. Now, it is one or another. During the peak season, I have seen both lines have wait times of over 200 minutes and there is no way were going to do that. I am not looking forward to this argument.

StarWarsGirl

As you can see from everyone's posts and likes on here, the majority feels the same way. For my family of 4, this FP minus is going to seriously take away things from our March/April trip.

Especially at Epcot. My daughters favorite ride is test trek. My son's favorite is Soaring. Every trip, we do both by using fast pass on the same day. Now, it is one or another. During the peak season, I have seen both lines have wait times of over 200 minutes and there is no way were going to do that. I am not looking forward to this argument.
So sorry to hear that. A suggestion since this system doesn't appear to be going away any time soon: Either go through the singles line at Test Track (if you feel like you can trust your kids) or hit Soarin' at the end of the day instead of Illuminations. I know it's not a perfect solution. :( It's what we used to do when we couldn't get legacy FPs. Or if you prefer rope drop, head straight for TT and get a Soain' FP+. I hope that helps :)

Disneyfamily4

So sorry to hear that. A suggestion since this system doesn't appear to be going away any time soon: Either go through the singles line at Test Track (if you feel like you can trust your kids) or hit Soarin' at the end of the day instead of Illuminations. I know it's not a perfect solution. :( It's what we used to do when we couldn't get legacy FPs. Or if you prefer rope drop, head straight for TT and get a Soain' FP+. I hope that helps :)

Its a good idea, but My kids would be to afraid to go alone. Sadly, me and my wife will have to miss out. Thanks to Disney's system, our family will have to separate for a little bit, while me and my son go on his ride and my wife and daughter goes on her ride. Its to bad too, because they love both rides, but they of course have their favorites. So every time we go to Epcot, this is crap people have to put up with now. Thankfully, the tiering at Hollywood Studios will not effect us. Star Tours and Toy Story Mania are their favorite rides. The family will get to enjoy the experience together at that park.

StarWarsGirl

Its a good idea, but My kids would be to afraid to go alone. Sadly, me and my wife will have to miss out. Thanks to Disney's system, our family will have to separate for a little bit, while me and my son go on his ride and my wife and daughter goes on her ride. Its to bad too, because they love both rides, but they of course have their favorites. So every time we go to Epcot, this is crap people have to put up with now. Thankfully, the tiering at Hollywood Studios will not effect us. Star Tours and Toy Story Mania are their favorite rides. The family will get to enjoy the experience together at that park.
Well, like I said, you can always hit a major one at openning or closing. So glad the Studios tiering won't bother you. I went with a friend in January and we ended up just using the singles line. Worked pretty well, especially given that they put us together. Don't count on it though.

Nubs70

If you go through single rider line a Test Track, you really don't miss anything.

Redhawk

If you go through single rider line a Test Track, you really don't miss anything.
I agree, you still can make a car and everything. But if you have young children who don't want to ride alone then you could get separated from them.

If a family goes through the SR line with kids then insists on being together -- as I saw 2 families do (the type who suddenly don't speak English when a CM wants to separate them) -- then they're abusing the line. (The CM at least made them wait while she put several true solo riders in the cars ahead of them.)

Also, there's a rumor that SR lines at Test Track and RnR Coaster may disappear.

Last edited:

jlsHouston

YEP I got the same dilemma coming up...I been thinking about just kind of demanding maybe nicely an extra EPCOT FP so I can FP them both because we aren't going during a slow time..

jlsHouston

Omg. I haven't even had my coffee yet and this is the post I read first.

Yes. I know I can wait in line or sr TT separating from the 9 & 7 year old. Or try the first thing in morning or end of day.
What I can't do is FP the 2 rides I want.
I'd give up my 3rd FP for the ability to FP Soaring and TT same day

stevehousse

I love TT but they way the new que is designed it's not worth it. They merge the FP line and the standby line way to early in the que.

Was there in Nov on a not even crowded day, we waited 40 minutes both times we used our FP/ ride swap pass! The stand byline was 60 minutes. Just do standby for TT and FP soarin. Unless they redesign the que, that's our plan for that ride for now on...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom