Lines at the FP+ entrances

Disneyfamily4

When Easter was early, we found that the first week of May was good, however, we've never been in any week of May where it was walk-on except at early and late hours. The weekends were crowded, but not anywhere near the crowds the week after Easter in 2013. It was a madhouse. There were queues for Stitch and TTA. I've never seen that before. We did not go the first weeks of May in 2013, so stevehousse would know better about that.
We will be there the middle of May this time, so I'm sure with SWW, it will be crowded.

You are 100% correct about last year Easter.

For that trip, I was by the stage having a cigarette, while my family was in the COP. The Line for TTA was lined up in the designated smoking area. I have never seen that before in my life.

stevehousse

What assumptions? All I have said over and over again is that during peak seasons, this fast pass + will take away from the experience. Ive been there twice with it and there is no way the people who go in April, will be able to do as much as they were able to do in September. That is a fact. And again, if you look at the other comments and the likes to the posts on here, the Majority have spoken and feel the same way.
Again, u still don't get it. The last week of April and the first 2 weeks of May are notorious for low crowds, yet u keep trying to tell me it's busier than ever just like the spring break crowds, which is wrong...that's all...

lebeau

The last 2 weeks of March and the first 2 weeks of April are when the majority of spring break for school occur, and throw Easter into the mix that last week of march, of course the crowds r crazy! The crowds this year, with Easter being April 20, will be extended for that 3rd week with very high crowds. Again though, the last week of April and the first 2 weeks of May, crowds r light. Have u been there during that time like I have for the past few years? There r no crowds during that 3 week period...plain and simple...we usually only go to wdw during that time because of the light crowds...

You seem to be advocating taking kids out of school for a Disney World trip. If so, a lot of people don't share those priorities.

stevehousse

When Easter was early, we found that the first week of May was good, however, we've never been in any week of May where it was walk-on except at early and late hours. The weekends were crowded, but not anywhere near the crowds the week after Easter in 2013. It was a madhouse. There were queues for Stitch and TTA. I've never seen that before. We did not go the first weeks of May in 2013, so stevehousse would know better about that.
We will be there the middle of May this time, so I'm sure with SWW, it will be crowded.
During the week u should see moderate crowds with heavy crowds on the weekend due to SWW, especially DHS! You won't encounter anything like going during spring break weeks, but it will be somewhat crowded

stevehousse

You seem to be advocating taking kids out of school for a Disney World trip. If so, a lot of people don't share those priorities.
My kids aren't old enough to go to school yet so we chose to take them during the most slow times, and I wouldn't have a problem taking them out of school at all for a vacation when that comes up...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
The CM's at TT take the SR line way to seriously. last visit we saw a mother and 5 year old daughter in SR line. She politely asked if he could keep them close. (she explained she knew they couldnt be in same car). The CM looked at her as if she had lobsters crawling out of her ears, said no, and proceeded to separate them as far as possible. He sent the mother left and she was next in line to board. The daughter went right and was the third person in line.

Ya, ya, Im sure there is some method to keep SR line moving but it was a very young child and the ride was not busy to the point where it would have affected much and the mother was uber polite. The CM obviously got some devilish pleasure by showing her he was the boss! Watching her eyeball her daughter with concern as her car left I could tell she probly wouldnt even enjoy the ride. My wife and I wanted to tell her we would keep an eye on her daughter but thought it would seem weird. We silently kept an eye on the little girl just in case. The CM was a real hat. Pretty common nowadays.

(*kudos if you caught the "A Christmas Story" reference in there)

Last edited:

Disneyfamily4

I have taken my kids out of school a lot of times for extended periods of time. I am able to do this because both my kids are in the gifted and talented classes, with both of them skipping 2nd grade. As a result, I will not let my children participate in the ELA Testing. If they took the test, they would raise the scores for my kids school and teachers and I dont want that.

lebeau

My kids aren't old enough to go to school yet so we chose to take them during the most slow times, and I wouldn't have a problem taking them out of school at all for a vacation when that comes up...

That's fine for you. But understand that your solution of "go when the parks aren't busy" does not work for the majority of people visiting Disney World. If it did, the parks would be busy at those times as well.

ratherbeinwdw

During the week u should see moderate crowds with heavy crowds on the weekend due to SWW, especially DHS! You won't encounter anything like going during spring break weeks, but it will be somewhat crowded
We've done SWW several times, always the first day, so we've had good luck. However, being AP holders, we weren't that worried about riding. We are taking some first timers with us this time, so I want them to be able to ride as much as possible. With the old fastpass, I could pretty much guarantee this, but having only used fp+ one time, I'm not as sure of myself. I actually think it might be better for first timers who won't have time to be riding E tickets several times as we would did with the old fastpass system.
We took two newbies with us in Nov., but with two people who weren't into the thrill rides, we got everything done they wanted to do using early and late hours and our fp+. We only had three days, but we were able to do all four parks. It was rush, rush, rush, but we did it and had a great time. I don't think would have been the case if we weren't so experienced in the parks.

Disneyfamily4

Again, u still don't get it. The last week of April and the first 2 weeks of May are notorious for low crowds, yet u keep trying to tell me it's busier than ever just like the spring break crowds, which is wrong...that's all...

You dont get it. Easter is April 20th this year. It will be busy the week before and after.

stevehousse

You dont get it. Easter is April 20th this year. It will be busy the week before and after.
image.jpg

April 20-26 will be busy yes. The last week of April, 27-May 3 and May 4-16 will be light crowds. Not that I haven't been during those weeks before and have first hand experience going at that time...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I have taken my kids out of school a lot of times for extended periods of time. I am able to do this because both my kids are in the gifted and talented classes, with both of them skipping 2nd grade. As a result, I will not let my children participate in the ELA Testing. If they took the test, they would raise the scores for my kids school and teachers and I dont want that.

Do your kids get beat up a lot? (im totally kidding) I wish I was that smart.

Redhawk

Then why are you complaining so much?

If you can take your kids out of school at any time, then go when Disney isn't crowded and don't bother with FP+. I know, according to your post in this thread on Jan 31, you're a "robot" who is chained to your job and your life is a misery except for your two weeks at WDW. Thank heavens your kids are geniuses so they will have better jobs and happier lives than you do.

If you're just being facetious, why? You add nothing to the discussion and seem to change the "facts" about yourself and your trips to suit your argument. You seem desperate to be right at all costs.

Last edited:

Disneyfamily4

Then why are you complaining so much?

If you can take your kids out of school at any time, then go when Disney isn't crowded and don't bother with FP+. I know, according to you, you're a "robot" who is chained to your job and your life is a misery except for your two weeks at WDW. Thank heavens your kids are geniuses so they will have better jobs and happier lives than you do.

If you're just being facetious, why? You add nothing to the discussion and seem to change the "facts" about yourself and your trips to suit your argument. You seem desperate to be right at all costs.

Bla bla bla. Once again, watch out people, insulting Disney's policy is like insulting ones religion on here. They will come at you with these little jabs that don't make me look bad, they make you look like a fool.

stevehousse

No one is saying u r insulting disney policies...not sure where u r getting that, but seeing as how most of the "correct information" u seem to have is mostly wrong, that's all u were being called out for. I can't speak for others, but I know crowds during that 3 week period I mentioned above have light crowds and hve experienced the walk ons during those times so don't try to tell me otherwise...other than that, I could care less of ur opinion on FP+ as a whole.

Disneyfamily4

All me and several other people here say is that in our opinion, for the time of year we typically go, this new policy sucks and it will take away from the total experience.

The majority does not want to plan which ride they will go on in 2 months in advance. The Majority does not like to be limited on a fast pass and have the new hassle of needing to change things on the phone or kiosk if something comes up the day you go to the park.

It is clear that more people hate this new system, than the small few who support it. You can tell from the comments and likes received. The people who love Disney and think the company can do no wrong, team up and take jabs at everyone who opposes the system. Like I said, it is as if we are insulting their religion or them personally.

If the people here read these threads carefully, they will see a debate between people who is for it and against it. The people who are for it will say in one thread, that they go to the park when it is busy and that FP+ is great. But then later on the same people will talk about going to disney when the park is non peak.

stevehousse

I never praised the new system. It's ok, nothing special. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. Again though, I don't go during busy times so I do understand that a lot will be frustrated when those spring break an summer crowds really effect the new system in a negative way. All I was chiming in on was that u were trying to say the dates I mentioned were spring break like crowds when they aren't...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom