Line Jumpers/Cutters

LeighM

In my opinion, this is part of the burgeoning attitude of "I will do whatever I want, and I don't care if you don't like it."

This has been my experience with some of my current neighbors who seem to think that I should have no problem listening to their yelling, cursing, and/or loud music inside of my home any time of the day or night. And that their right to enjoy their property even extends into the confines of my home. I recently had words with one of the mothers. How dare I call them out on their rude, inconsiderate BS lol.

Club Cooloholic

My dad will tell them the person they’re trying to catch up to can come back and join them or wait until the line carches up to them but they are not passing.
I love it when one guy runs 10 feet ahead of his family, my family gets into line behind them and suddenly the 3 other family members want to go past us to catch up with that one person. Sorry but your husband or kid was rude to not wait for the rest of you, and you shouldn't be rewarded for it. You also just know that ride will break down right as you were supposed to ride, but those folks that got in front got to ride because the karma doesn't always work out.

It's a shame, we go to Disney and are happy and wait in line like others just waiting to get on that ride. Then comes in people like that who don't care about others and feel they are above everyone else. Long as you seen it, then say something. Inform a cast member like you did and let the cast member enforce the rules. I see it as no confrontation needed and let them be the ones who cut the line get removed before the end. This way the cast members do their job and helps remove people like that.

I do not want confrontation when on vacation. All I want is peace and will wait my turn in line like everyone else. But when this happens, I feel it is called for to inform a cast member. This happened on it's a small world back in 2016. Three people cut the line. we informed the cast member above and they let them get to the boats and right before boarding were removed. If you do nothing and not say a word, it will allow them to keep doing the same bad behavior. Once they are dealt with by a cast member and removed is their problem and maybe puts an end to bad behavior. Us and two other families did not say a word to them and never knew it was us that turned them in. Everyone was smirking and happy when they were removed around us.

Grimley1968

Personally I dislike families that use line mules. One person somehow is way further in the queue than the rest of a large family trying to 'catch up' to the mule.

I dislike that as well, though I have to say that the last few times we went, we came across at least as many split parties where the people ahead in line let others pass them until the rest of their party caught up.

jloucks

I love it when one guy runs 10 feet ahead of his family, my family gets into line behind them and suddenly the 3 other family members want to go past us to catch up with that one person. Sorry but your husband or kid was rude to not wait for the rest of you, and you shouldn't be rewarded for it. You also just know that ride will break down right as you were supposed to ride, but those folks that got in front got to ride because the karma doesn't always work out.
Right!?

I would feel funny leaving my family behind, and then asking them to cut in front of everyone to join me. That's like rude x2.

I wish we could up the karma setting just a little.

NelsonRD

My dad will tell them the person they’re trying to catch up to can come back and join them or wait until the line carches up to them but they are not passing.
We normally let them pass, because the confrontation and escalation usually isn't worth it. I am the kind of person that lets things bother me rest of the day, and found its better to look the other way for a minute rather than ruin my day.

Goofyernmost

In the 75 years of my taking up space on this planet I can confidently tell you the Karma (were it to actually be a thing) is a 10%'er. It will be recognizable only one out of ten times and even then it is usually a stretch.

NelsonRD

Yes, that is the line mule.

jloucks

We normally let them pass, because the confrontation and escalation usually isn't worth it. I am the kind of person that lets things bother me rest of the day, and found its better to look the other way for a minute rather than ruin my day.
That is certainly the healthy way to handle it. I am getting better at handling small slights the same way. For me tho, I have some...baggage... that makes me hypersensitive to being taken advantage of.

Ignoring boorish behavior is also the sorta thing that enables the behavior. Take out all consequences and what do you think will happen? A little public shaming is good, imho. Of course, the error in my logic is these folks.... I'm not sure they feel shame. Just entitlement. Jokes on me.

Club Cooloholic

That is certainly the healthy way to handle it. I am getting better at handling small slights the same way. For me tho, I have some...baggage... that makes me hypersensitive to being taken advantage of.

Ignoring boorish behavior is also the sorta thing that enables the behavior. Take out all consequences and what do you think will happen? A little public shaming is good, imho. Of course, the error in my logic is these folks.... I'm not sure they feel shame. Just entitlement. Jokes on me.
With phones and everything, we should be able to say, just text them and tell them to wait for you or come back

Last edited:

graphite1326

Not really a line jumper but I have done this. They have the back and forth chained lines that are empty and the line of people are way up. I have ducked under the chaines rather than walking back and forth until I chatch up. I always stop and let people pass that were already in the line and walking back and forth that were behind me but entered the line ahead of me. Is this wrong?

Nottamus

Not really a big deal to me on attractions unless it’s like 10 people (never is )

Food lines, different to me. They get my best “what the heck” stare.

Ayla

Not really a line jumper but I have done this. They have the back and forth chained lines that are empty and the line of people are way up. I have ducked under the chaines rather than walking back and forth until I chatch up. I always stop and let people pass that were already in the line and walking back and forth that were behind me but entered the line ahead of me. Is this wrong?
Yes.

Chi84

Premium Member
Of course.

NelleBelle

I think it's unwise, because it may look as if you're trying to gain an unfair advantage, plus the CMs shout at people who try to walk under/over barriers, but why is it wrong if he doesn't actually get ahead of anyone?
I don’t think it’s wrong for him since he doesn’t technically cut/jump. But it sets a poor example for others to follow who may not let those in front pass. I’ve had this happen when my mom, who’s driving a scooter, and I get cut off by those ducking/climbing over the switchback.

mysto

I don’t think it’s wrong for him since he doesn’t technically cut/jump. But it sets a poor example for others to follow who may not let those in front pass. I’ve had this happen when my mom, who’s driving a scooter, and I get cut off by those ducking/climbing over the switchback.
People legitimately catching up to their group pave the way for those who are not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom