Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

tirian

Nicely put. I'm not so sure the Gospel show isn't part of weening folks off Christmas at Epcot however. This is no reflection on the group. I am very grateful they were willing to do the show. I hope it becomes an annual tradition.

But the number of LoW presentations were quite substantially more than the Gospel group preformances. This is how it's done. Remove a traditional element (which included Christmas and Hanukkah standards) and replace it with a show that includes some traditional Christmas music and also includes a song that only mentions Hanukkah and Kwanza :veryconfu. But also provides far fewer presentations. That way they can claim they are still providing traditional religious Holiday music when in fact they are just covering up the actual slow elimination of it. Next up, they will scale back or eliminate the Gospel group.

And in Epcot of all places they are "sanitizing" centuries old traditional culture in the name of progress I guess. :rolleyes: It's PC madness spinning out of control. IMO.

You obviously haven't seen the show in person. That song was cut and replaced with a rollicking gospel showstopper.

There was an older couple by the tree last night trying to convince each other that there were more decorations in the past.

They sounded so confused. The man kept saying "there was more! I remember sitting over there looking at some lights" and the woman answered "yes! and then it started raining! And wasn't there a stage over here?" as she walked back towards the tree.
:(

I know it's purely anecdotal, but I hear Guests commenting on TDO's mediocre decisions almost every time I'm in the park. It can be depressing if you don't remind yourself that DL also went through a dark age in the 90s and is now shining again.

SirGoofy

I know it's purely anecdotal, but I hear Guests commenting on TDO's mediocre decisions almost every time I'm in the park. It can be depressing if you don't remind yourself that DL also went through a dark age in the 90s and is now shining again.

Back in the days when AD/LIB still did pack I had many a conversation with guests about it.

Honestly, I always thought I was too hard on the company until I talked to some people that had been coming since the 70s!:lol:

DisneyNut2007

And, hopefully, this current percieved "dark age" at WDW will end sooner than later. Things always go in cycles.

EPCOT Explorer

You obviously haven't seen the show in person. That song was cut and replaced with a rollicking gospel showstopper.

So...When do we get that?:lookaroun

EPCOTPluto

Maybe for our 40th? Seems closer, and there are some pretty good signs.:lookaroun:eek:
While DL did some pretty impressive marketing for its 40th anniversary, (thanks to a certain Adventureland jeep/ECV ride that opened that year), I would see more for the 50th as well. I still have hopes for WDW to even do more than acknowledge it in 2011, though.

EPCOT Explorer

While DL did some pretty impressive marketing for its 40th anniversary, (thanks to a certain Adventureland jeep/ECV ride that opened that year), I would see more for the 50th as well. I still have hopes for WDW to even do more than acknowledge it in 2011, though.
They'll acknowledge, it, it just won't be as big as planned. It was going to be huge. E-Tic City.

At this rate, I hope we get some nice entertainment out of it.

And pins. Can't forget pins.:lookaroun

EPCOTPluto

They'll acknowledge, it, it just won't be as big as planned. It was going to be huge. E-Tic City.

At this rate, I hope we get some nice entertainment out of it. And pins. Can't forget pins. :lookaroun
I just think of merch only for the 40th...

Care to explain what was the proposed plan for 2011? The Monsters, Inc. coaster? :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom