Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

Vernonpush

Is that place easily accessible with a generator? Some rogue cast member should plug them in to a generator and see how long it takes someone to notice.

Oh, I'm sure they wouldn't actually light up. They're obsolete, you know. :rolleyes:

Its on the side of Woodpecker Lane, for those who know where that is.

Technically that is a backstage area.

Maybe they are waiting til after Thanksgiving to put up the LOW. :shrug:

As some on these boards have said : "Turkey before Tree" . :lookaroun:lol:

brkgnews

Well, I did it. Since we're apparently in cost-cutting mode... I just notified my travel agent that she could cancel my $1200+ reservation for Wilderness Lodge this December. No need for me to spend full price on something like that when I can get a much more reasonable rate elsewhere. If the mouse is cutting corners, so can I.

EPCOT Explorer

Well, I did it. Since we're apparently in cost-cutting mode... I just notified my travel agent that she could cancel my $1200+ reservation for Wilderness Lodge this December. No need for me to spend full price on something like that when I can get a much more reasonable rate elsewhere. If the mouse is cutting corners, so can I.
:eek::eek::sohappy::sohappy:

Jackie! You rock!:ROFLOL:

Are you still going at all?!

PhotoDave219

Heh.:king:

That would be showing me, huh?:ROFLOL:

Well perhaps TPTB (the powers that be) will realize the backlash they're facing and put them up in a hurry.

If people are canceling Candlelight left and right and other Epcot holiday packages due to this season's lack of entertainment, maybe that will grab someone's attention.

(Then again this company tends to reward people who ____ up. :lookaroun )

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Send them a letter stating that fact. Show them that we can cut corners also.

EPCOT Explorer

Well perhaps TPTB (the powers that be) will realize the backlash they're facing and put them up in a hurry.

If people are canceling Candlelight left and right and other Epcot holiday packages due to this season's lack of entertainment, maybe that will grab someone's attention.

(Then again this company tends to reward people who ____ up. :lookaroun )
I certainly hope so. I know that this website, and others have been vocal on it...:D

Nemo14

Good for you! There are certainly more reasonable places to stay off-site. we had a very nice 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath condo last year for a week for less than $600.

We're cancelling our CP package for December and spending the day at Sea World instead.

PalisadesPkteer

Actually I cut some corners also.

I had a reservation for Pop Century & All Star Sports (couldn't get all the nigts at Pop so I had to finish with 2 nights at AS sports) and I am now staying at the Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista. This sames me $120 for the 6 night stay.

I have ALWAYS eaten breakfast at EPCOT on 2 mournings of each trip and will not eat even 1 there now. I will eat my free continental breakfast each mourning at the Comfort Inn.

Canceled all my sit down restaurnats ADR's and am now contemplating if I should also cancel my Candlelight Processional Dinning for Dec 3.

I had purposely saved for photopass photos to be taken over at the LoW and since they are gone so is my photopass photo money not going to Disney.

In post 165 on the Disney blog site I also let them know I will NOT be renewing my Annual Pass and will now take 1 day to go to Uni or SeaWorld becasue of LoW being gone. Let them know I woun't be doing MVMCP anymore.

I am thinking of going to Hawaii next year and thought about using Adventures by Disney but will not do so now. Thought about Disney Cruise line 2010 or 2011 but will use some other cruise line now.

Am finalizing my written letter to send off to the knukleheads who did this (TDO?)

EPCOT Explorer

Actually I cut some corners also.

I had a reservation for Pop Century & All Star Sports (couldn't get all the nigts at Pop so I had to finish with 2 nights at AS sports) and I am now staying at the Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista. This sames me $120 for the 6 night stay.

I have ALWAYS eaten breakfast at EPCOT on 2 mournings of each trip and will not eat even 1 there now. I will eat my free continental breakfast each mourning at the Comfort Inn.

Canceled all my sit down restaurnats ADR's and am now contemplating if I should also cancel my Candlelight Processional Dinning for Dec 3.

I had purposely saved for photopass photos to be taken over at the LoW and since they are gone so is my photopass photo money not going to Disney.

In post 165 on the Disney blog site I also let them know I will NOT be renewing my Annual Pass and will now take 1 day to go to Uni or SeaWorld becasue of LoW being gone. Let them know I woun't be doing MVMCP anymore.

I am thinking of going to Hawaii next year and thought about using Adventures by Disney but will not do so now. Thought about Disney Cruise line 2010 or 2011 but will use some other cruise line now.

Am finalizing my written letter to send off to the knukleheads who did this (TDO?)
Fantastic, yes, and their addresses are in this thread. :D

PalisadesPkteer

Would a letter to our Good friend Jim MacPhee do any good?

Anybody in contact with Adam from Celebration 25. He really would be a good canidate to organize all of us to really get Disney to notice.

Of course he will have to do it stealth like since he appears to be involved with the future Celebration 30 for EPCOT.

JIM MacPHEE WHERE ARE YOU!

PhotoDave219

I certainly hope so. I know that this website, and others have been vocal on it...:D

Well even Jason Garcia called them out on this one.

Pretty insane that one part of the company (D23) is promoting and marketing the Lights of Winter while the WDW Resort is "retiring" them.

It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Its mid-November. They're Disney. They have BILLIONS of dollars at their disposal. If they want them up and working by next week, it could happen.

JimboJones123

It is a fun new game, throwing a bunch of responses up on the DisneyParks blog and waiting to see if anything sticks. So far I remain unposted. I will keep trying though.

Wilt Dasney

As a result we have made the decision to
retire the Lights of Winter, the illuminated canopy along Showcase Plaza
at Epcot®, as the technology is obsolete.
They make a good point. If they keep outdated technology in the parks, we might have horse-drawn carriages, old-fashioned steam trains, rowing canoes, silent movie theaters and paddlewheel riverboats as part of a Disney experience. I mean, really...can you imagine? :hurl:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Well even Jason Garcia called them out on this one.

Pretty insane that one part of the company (D23) is promoting and marketing the Lights of Winter while the WDW Resort is "retiring" them.

It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Its mid-November. They're Disney. They have BILLIONS of dollars at their disposal. If they want them up and working by next week, it could happen.

Not just what you said but they also probably have the money to upgrade them in a week. Not to mention getting new ones would most likely not hurt the budget either, especially when a rich person living in random neighborhoods is making better displays then that right now. There rich but not as rich as disney. I have a feeling we will all see them again maybe not this year but I think we are pushing them over the edge. This is all weird and there is something being held back from us, not to repeat everyones thoughts but this is just a mess and they obviously are scared to tell us the real truth. For all we know they might just pull this all off last minute but I am not getting my hopes up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom