Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

krankenstein

I have!

What is your account name?

Link

I've sent the email, and posted on the Disney blog site about LoW. I'm just afraid the email account (like the Twitter one), is just some generic address that allows people to feel good about venting their anger, but is only checked by some intern once every couple of weeks.....:brick:

I've mailed letters, sent e-mails and tweeted. I can never get to where I can post on the Disney blog site. :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

Maybe the choir could wear dresses like this.

500x_galaxydress_3.jpg

Video of the dress in action
We need this in Spectro. Now. :lol:
Folks,
The fans on this site got pretty fired up when we learned TDO wasn't planning any sort of 25th celebration. Got people's attention and they changed their mind, and the fans pulled of a rather large gathering as well. So, lets put our minds together...what could we do as a fan group one evening as our own tribute to the Lights of Winter? We'll be there Nov 27th to the 30th. Perhaps handing out as many glow sticks as I can get through the gate at the former LoW location.

Gary
Exactly. If we can squeeze this out of them, we can do this too. We just need to TELL THEM.
We should organize a "March on TDO".:lookaroun

Well we could...

Hand out as many "Bring Back LOW" pins and magnets as we can buy. (Their great design is a way of educating the casual guests on what is missing this year.)

Organizing various "Lights" parties throughout the season. Get a group of 20 people or so to gather on the walkway with their lights and make a human archway. Preferably arrange this for that open press day or when press are there. Get a photo op going with a news piece. That will get the attention of casual visitors and hopefully generate some bad PR. Shame TDO into correcting the situation for next year.

Someone ship a box of those pins to TDO with a collection of letters from guests who are hurt by this change.

For me, I'll be taking my entire family to Disney the weekend of the 5th. That's 17 people, 15 of them never having been to Disney before. 10 of them were debating buying park passes for Saturday so they could go into EPCOT and see their holiday offerings. The CP is not drawing them in. Now it seems those 10 people will just skip a Disney park altogether that day. Some are already planning Seaworld instead.
TELL THEM THIS. Email, tweet, write, call, whatever. Just get this message across.
But he's VP of EPCOT? You think he just nodded and said "Yes ma'am" to Crofton and Wallace?

If he wasn't ok with this, getting a few upset letters from guests may be just the amunition he needs to challenge his bosses then. He can do a "See, I told ya they'd miss them".
I would hope he fought, seeing his reputation....It goes against his character.

BroganMc

So, LoW..... :lookaroun

I've been tweeting, you? :D

I've tweeted (my username is the same in all my online outlets), posted on my blog, talked about it across 3 major Disney forums, e-mailed Guest Relations and DVC Member Satisfaction (what the heck, eh?), tweeted DisneyParks and posted on the DisneyBlog. Letters and face-to-face protests come later.

Next come the buttons.

But realistically what do we think will happen? Nothing this year. Maybe, just maybe, they'll budget a light display for next year.

Sad thing is my local mall seems to have more holiday cheer than EPCOT. It's filled with lights dangling from the cathedral ceilings. Last year they skimped and people complained. This year they put those lights up everywhere Halloween weekend.

krankenstein

I've tweeted (my username is the same in all my online outlets), posted on my blog, talked about it across 3 major Disney forums, e-mailed Guest Relations and DVC Member Satisfaction (what the heck, eh?), tweeted DisneyParks and posted on the DisneyBlog. Letters and face-to-face protests come later.

Next come the buttons.

But realistically what do we think will happen? Nothing this year. Maybe, just maybe, they'll budget a light display for next year.

Sad thing is my local mall seems to have more holiday cheer than EPCOT. It's filled with lights dangling from the cathedral ceilings. Last year they skimped and people complained. This year they put those lights up everywhere Halloween weekend.

I just want them to know that I am one extremely POed AP holder.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
An Epcot CM on another board stated that the LoW was damaged during its move over to be installed. Once it broke, it was decided not to repair it and declare LoW as "obsolete." I don't know how accurate the report is, but it does seem to be a sad end for this wonderful display.

TURKEY

An Epcot CM on another board stated that the LoW was damaged during its move over to be installed. Once it broke, it was decided not to repair it and declare LoW as "obsolete." I don't know how accurate the report is, but it does seem to be a sad end for this wonderful display.

From earlier pictures, it doesn't seem like it was ever attempted to be moved as weeds that looked 2 feet tall were growing around/through the arches.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
From earlier pictures, it doesn't seem like it was ever attempted to be moved as weeds that looked 2 feet tall were growing around/through the arches.

That could be; like I said I don't know how accurate the post was. On the flip side though I don't know when that picture was taken. I could see them cancelling LoW either way....

hpyhnt 1000

I still don't see how thats a huge thing. So one arch is put out of commission; that still leaves 8 other arches you can put up, right? :veryconfu

This too. I find it highly unlikely there were ever thinking about setting it up this year. Not to mention, we have been hearing rumblings that management had considered canceling it LAST year but decided against it at the last moment. Sounds like getting rid of the LoW may have been in the pipeline for a while... :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

I just want them to know that I am one extremely POed AP holder.
Are you kranky?:lookaroun

I'm sorry.:lookaroun:lol:

That's exactly the attitude to take, BTW.
I call BS. We saw pics....they look fine.:rolleyes::mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom