Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

WDW1974

Threads back from the dead ... love it.

Haven't heard anything about this since 2009. There was word of a replacement coming this year when the rancor really got noticed by Disney. But since then it has fallen to the wayside and my feeling is Disney thinks it's a dead issue and they have no intention of actually adding a replacement.

~GFC~

Oddysey

3 years is plenty of time to update to LEDs. If they dont come back this year I would not expect them to ever come back. I hope that I am wrong because that was one of my favorite holiday displays on the property.

freediverdude

Come on Epcot! I haven't even bothered going there during the holidays the past couple of years. Bring back the LoW and maybe something new, and I will return! I have money waiting in my wallet for you to take! It's right here! *shows wallet full of money to Disney* Sigh.

harryk

What!!! You don't appreciate the blue Christmas Trees which have been put up to replace them?!?
Maybe they are beginning to dump Christmas as many in the country are trying to do. Merry Christmas -- oops -- HAPPY HOLIDAYS.:xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas: :xmas::xmas:

Shadowgate

What!!! You don't appreciate the blue Christmas Trees which have been put up to replace them?!?
Maybe they are beginning to dump Christmas as many in the country are trying to do. Merry Christmas -- oops -- HAPPY HOLIDAYS.:xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas: :xmas::xmas:

Well that really isn't an answer since most "holidays" that fall during this period actually have a "light" component as part of them.

mickeysaver

I still miss the LoW. I really want to see them or something comparably spectacular put up this year. We were told that there was going to be a replacement. Where the heck is it?

R W B

From the one picture I've seen of them, they looked really nice. Too bad I'll most likely never see them in person.

wdw71fan

there will be a few new things at epcot this year for the holidays, but from my understanding, LoW is not one of them. hopefully I am misinformed.. I';m afraid that in this situation I don't have 'first hand knowledge'.. simply heresay :)

ToTBellHop

They can't even keep a Christmas tree properly lit at Epcot, so unless a sponsor comes forward begging Disney to put these back up (and providing a check to cover them), I think we are out of luck.

wdw71fan

They can't even keep a Christmas tree properly lit at Epcot, so unless a sponsor comes forward begging Disney to put these back up (and providing a check to cover them), I think we are out of luck.

you a referencing a single week in time last year when there was an electrical problem with the tree at epcot..

Why the hell does everyone have to be negative? You won't have any issues with the tree this year.. All of the trees recieve new lights annually.

Apparently some people continue to have the same bad attitudes year-in and year-out though..

Still ed about the 25th anniversary Cakestle too? geez.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
there will be a few new things at epcot this year for the holidays, but from my understanding, LoW is not one of them. hopefully I am misinformed.. I';m afraid that in this situation I don't have 'first hand knowledge'.. simply heresay :)

Do you plan on running for office?

wdwfan22

you a referencing a single week in time last year when there was an electrical problem with the tree at epcot..

Why the hell does everyone have to be negative? You won't have any issues with the tree this year.. All of the trees recieve new lights annually.

Apparently some people continue to have the same bad attitudes year-in and year-out though..

Still ed about the 25th anniversary Cakestle too? geez.

It was more than a week last year that the tree has issues, also the tree at Disney's Hollywood Studios went dark for a couple of days.

I'm sad. I really liked LoW. Our first 2 trips were in january, and LoW along with resort decor were the only parts of Christmas still up. I REALLY loved that entrance to WS. Both trips were very special to me as the first was my first trip and the second was when we got engaged. I hope they do bring them back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom