Lights of Winter arches still behind Epcot

rangerbob

I was there on the 4th and they are still in tact. Unless if you knew what you are looking at you really don't notice them. Would they get rid of them just to make is pure concrete. They would have to close the walkway off and do some major work to get rid of them.
Can anyone confirm that the foundations and concrete anchors for Lights of Winter are still intact?

Still wondering why they shrink wrapped them. I have a feeling we will not get them again yet they are being protected with shrink wrap?

Better start checking E-Bay for sale of used Lights of Winter bulbs from Disney.

BrerFrog

This thread has taken such a negative turn. :cry:

I am still hoping they will be up when the time comes. If not those who visit the park at the end of the year could always storm GR. :D

gbruenin

We're trying to decide to visit December 2-5 for the WDWCelebrations' event, so I sent a letter to guest relations to see where things stand. After the requisite empathy statements ('we truly regret your disappointment...') and a bland explaination ('we regularly evaluate and adjust our offerings') my question was answered somewhat with 'we hope you will have an opportunity to enjoy the holiday entertainment and decorations currently featured at our other theme parks'. So it appears that all the customer dissatisfaction comments and letters really has had no effect at this point. We're taking a summer vacation to WDW in a few weeks, so I'll ask again in person.

Gary

RiversideBunny

I think that the people in Guest Relations, through no fault of theirs, have no idea what's going on behind the scenes or what's being planned but hasn't been made public yet.
In most companies R&D projects and new developments are known only to those who are directly involved.

:)

Mr. Morrow

LOW is being replaced by this.

1227240812-60607_full.jpg

christmas-lights43.jpg

PalisadesPkteer

With all the complaints last year, I am truly hoping that we at least get some nice Holiday decorations for EPCOT this year.

Really do wonder if they are going to ship them out whether to fix them or to send them somewhere else ?

Or protecting them so they can sell them or piece meal sell it off on E-Bay?

From what the insiders know, we will not get them back so probably going elsewhere.

WDWFigment

No word of the Lights of Winter yesterday in the Christmas press release...

Submit your LoW comments to Disney here: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/07/belly-up-to-the-meatball-bar-at-downtown-disney/

For those wondering why you'd submit a LoW comment on such a random post, the same was done last year by a flurry of individuals when the announcement was made, and that's where Thomas Smith ended up responding (and I believe indicating that they were "obsolete technology").

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
With all the complaints last year, I am truly hoping that we at least get some nice Holiday decorations for EPCOT this year.

Really do wonder if they are going to ship them out whether to fix them or to send them somewhere else ?

Or protecting them so they can sell them or piece meal sell it off on E-Bay?

From what the insiders know, we will not get them back so probably going elsewhere.

They really don't need shipping out anywhere to be restored. There is more than enough talent in Central Shops to get the job. These are the people that unpacked and fixed an entire Main Street Electrical Parade in the space of a few weeks, and also built the Earth Barge for IllumiNations. They just need to get the job done.

ptaylor

Premium Member
No word of the Lights of Winter yesterday in the Christmas press release...

Submit your LoW comments to Disney here: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/07/belly-up-to-the-meatball-bar-at-downtown-disney/

For those wondering why you'd submit a LoW comment on such a random post, the same was done last year by a flurry of individuals when the announcement was made, and that's where Thomas Smith ended up responding (and I believe indicating that they were "obsolete technology").

Good job.

Unfortunately when you have people like Lou Mongello replying praising the meatballs the point may be missed. Love how in his first reply he forget to spam the post with his website, and then he resubmitted it again with his link on. His replies on the official blog make me wanna :hurl:

Figment82

I wouldn't choose a Pam Brandon article to attack with LoW comments. She barely knows what restaurants are in what hotels, or how to spell certain foods. I'd choose a Thomas Smith article, but I guess spreading out the comments is good too. Start early and stay strong! :)

WDWFigment

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom