Lights of Winter arches still behind Epcot

PalisadesPkteer

But who would be better. You David R or D'Vine Voices?

(I wonder if we should take a poll on this one LoL)(I'm betting on you David R)

Lets face it. They need to remove the stage so the Fountain of Nations can return to its former glory.

(Oh! And the Tarps. Remove and Destroy them PLEASE?)

Thought we could get rid of the Tombstones someday but when they took out the damaged one and repaired it and put it back, well Tombstone city will never go away now.

Need to tie Iger to a chair and make him watch nothing but Universal Studios commercials until he caves in and gives us back a REAL EPCOT Holiday atmosphere!

With new, updated and using LED bulbs Lights of Winter with Garden of Peace!!!!!

raven

Thought we could get rid of the Tombstones someday but when they took out the damaged one and repaired it and put it back, well Tombstone city will never go away now.

My photo was on that broken stone as well as many others. Do we not deserve to have it replaced?

PalisadesPkteer

You most certainly do deserve to have it replaced Raven. And so does anyone else that purchased the LaL options.

Would you or anyone else that purchased one object to them being moved to a different location? Over at the former Millennium village area maybe?

What are you're ideas? Just think they block the front of the park.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
You most certainly do deserve to have it replaced Raven. And so does anyone else that purchased the LaL options.

Would you or anyone else that purchased one object to them being moved to a different location? Over at the former Millennium village area maybe?

What are you're ideas? Just think they block the front of the park.

How about the backside of the parking lot? :lol:

PalisadesPkteer

Lets get back to discussion on Lights of Winter.

Who will have the final say as to what we get whether it be refurb of Lights of Winter or a newer version or nothing? TDO? If so, we are in trouble.

PalisadesPkteer

Creating letter to send to Mr. Iger.

Think I will let him know how much his company lost last year and this year from me because of Dreary and Dismal lack of decorations at EPCOT IN 2009.

forbidden donut

This is not my picture, I found this on Flickr...

126154247.jpg

It was taken in Madrid Spain.

My question is: Is there a company that makes this type of light displays - and could Disney be having a new set of them made?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I honestly believe that they are. No source for that other than myself.

:)

I would truly love to believe that; I would. But considering LoW was canceled as essentially a cost-saving measure (no, I don't buy the "obsolescent technology" line being tossed out) I don't see TDO investing cash into something similar. I think they would rather deal with the (decreasing) complaints as the years go on and focus their capital elsewhere.....:(

PalisadesPkteer

So Madrid Spain has this display and Disney gives us nothing hoping the complaints die down.

Good Grief Charlie Brown. Would the mods be OK in coming up with a group letter of complaint / petition from this website with our dipleasure?

If most people on here signed it that might get their attention.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
So Madrid Spain has this display and Disney gives us nothing hoping the complaints die down.

Good Grief Charlie Brown. Would the mods be OK in coming up with a group letter of complaint / petition from this website with our dipleasure?

If most people on here signed it that might get their attention.

Petitions rarely solve anything. Individual letters and complaints get much more attention.

Tom

Beta Return
Wife and I were there in January (brrrrrr) and I seem to think I remember noticing that the foundations and concrete anchors are still there, along the path where LoW goes.

If they are still there, that's promising. They tend to remove all evidence of previous structures if there isn't a chance of them coming back.

PalisadesPkteer

Can anyone confirm that the foundations and concrete anchors for Lights of Winter are still intact?

Still wondering why they shrink wrapped them. I have a feeling we will not get them again yet they are being protected with shrink wrap?

Better start checking E-Bay for sale of used Lights of Winter bulbs from Disney.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Can anyone confirm that the foundations and concrete anchors for Lights of Winter are still intact?

Still wondering why they shrink wrapped them. I have a feeling we will not get them again yet they are being protected with shrink wrap?

Better start checking E-Bay for sale of used Lights of Winter bulbs from Disney.

Because that type of wrapping material is also used to protect large objects, such as boats, when they are shipped.....

PalisadesPkteer

So .. there may be a plan to ship them out to update and / or repair them?

If so, shouldn't they ship them out soon to have them ready for Oct - Nov set-up?

Or so they are protected to ship to highest E-Bay bidder?

This decision is in TDO's hands? (Heaven Help Us!)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
So .. there may be a plan to ship them out to update and / or repair them?

If so, shouldn't they ship them out soon to have them ready for Oct - Nov set-up?

Or so they are protected to ship to highest E-Bay bidder?

This decision is in TDO's hands? (Heaven Help Us!)

Or, they're ready to be shipped out to Hong Kong or Tokyo.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom