Lights, Motors, Action! Stunt Show Update

Bill

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The show of course is still being constructed. Some grounded pyrotechnics will be put in very soon. If anyone can get some pics we can pin point where the pyro will be.

(More Info from Jon)

Thrawn

Account Suspended
maybe its just me but i wouldnt be putting in pyro while heavy construction is still going on. maybe they will be making the holes for such things, but the pyro itself isnt going in any time soon.

Bill

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ah, allow me to elaborate...
Pyro... in this case fire... will come out of the ground. There will be launch sites for fireworks as well... that is what is being built, not the actual fuel & shells.:lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Bill - if its anything like Paris there will be squib pots in a broad circle in the middle of the arena, some around the central upstage area and a few stage right, again upstage. There are also flame jets and pyro pots centre upstage, and assuming they build the `moat` some flame jets in the water, again central.

Bill

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Judging by the look of things, we're getting an EXACT Clone, the only difference is we won't see Phantom Manor in the background from the beachers. lol. So, I imagine the pyro setup will be very similar to the Paris version that marni just described. :)

Bill

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Construction update... what section of the stunt show they are building next...

:)

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Bill
Judging by the look of things, we're getting an EXACT Clone, the only difference is we won't see Phantom Manor in the background from the beachers.

Wow... so the speil and all the rest of the act will be in French... :confused: :lol: ;)

Hey Bill.... any word from your "source" on what type of vehicles will be used? The GM sourced Opel/Vauxhal from the France show? Ugly Chevy Metros? :confused:

Or is one of the other big car companies on board for this show?

I want vehicle details ...por favor! :sohappy:

Bill

Account Suspended
Original Poster
All the cars will be DMC-12s. :lol:

No, seriously, I'll ask Jon. Not sure if he'll know though.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
well... for that deduction, I'm just using common sense....

they will require high horsepower sportscars for this. Now, I know that Disney is fully capable of shoving an LS6 V8 into a Saturn Ion 1, but the cost of doing such a task would probably me more than the sticker price of a ZO6 corvette...

so yeah, any of the higher performance vehicle from GM's current lineup, as well as some previous models (like the camaro/trans-am) could featured... however, in Paris they have the part with the Opel Corsas (think Chevy Metro.... now make it smaller)... so that would require some smaller sized US model car...

so my tentative lineup
  • Chevy Corvette
  • Cadillac CTS
  • Chevy Aveo (the small economy car
  • Pontiac GTO (iffy on this one though.... brand new model for the US with a high demand)
  • Subaru WRX/STi (in the US, GM and Subaru are strategic partners... I could actually see this occuring)
  • 1 GM SUV... either Caddy Escalade or a big Suburban. Maybe a Hummer H2, but I don't think Disney wants to provide barf-bags at yet another attraction ;)
  • Saturn Ion/Vue Red Line (GM wants publicity for these upcoming models... they'll use any they can get I'm sure)

and no SSR! lol

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by mkt
well... for that deduction, I'm just using common sense....

they will require high horsepower sportscars for this. Now, I know that Disney is fully capable of shoving an LS6 V8 into a Saturn Ion 1, but the cost of doing such a task would probably me more than the sticker price of a ZO6 corvette...

so yeah, any of the higher performance vehicle from GM's current lineup, as well as some previous models (like the camaro/trans-am) could featured... however, in Paris they have the part with the Opel Corsas (think Chevy Metro.... now make it smaller)... so that would require some smaller sized US model car...

so my tentative lineup
  • Chevy Corvette
  • Cadillac CTS
  • Chevy Aveo (the small economy car
  • Pontiac GTO (iffy on this one though.... brand new model for the US with a high demand)
  • Subaru WRX/STi (in the US, GM and Subaru are strategic partners... I could actually see this occuring)
  • 1 GM SUV... either Caddy Escalade or a big Suburban. Maybe a Hummer H2, but I don't think Disney wants to provide barf-bags at yet another attraction ;)
  • Saturn Ion/Vue Red Line (GM wants publicity for these upcoming models... they'll use any they can get I'm sure)

and no SSR! lol

I'd bank on the Aveo...Chevy wants to push it!
What about the Malibu MAXX?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I would be surprised if they went a different route to Paris - where they use custom built 2 seat (or single seat) cars styled to look like Vauxhaul / Opel sportscars / streetcars. They seem to be fibreglass shells built round a rigid roll cage (easy to swap a broken panel) with no working lights - all the light clusters are the same colour and material as the rest of the car. Any glass is instead perspex (to withstand the impact of landing) and the engines, at least in 2 of the cars, are mid mounted. You certainly can`t buy anything like them from a UK Vauxhaul dealer!

KevinPage

The best part about this stunt show is:

1- it's at the back of the park so it's easy to avoid the huge crowd exiting the bleachers

2 - it's makes us get an Indy ride that much quicker

Otherwise, it's a stunt show, ZzzZZZzzzzzZZZzzzzzz

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Hey, I am just glad we are getting NEW stunt show.... Indy got old a Looooooong time ago. :) :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom