Lights, Motors, Action! Stunt Show Update

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by marni1971
I`m surprised I`m the first to quote you on this!! Don`t suppose there are any rumours to be started about it??:lol:
there are rumors galore, none solid. There are so many options, but we pretty much know a new E-Ride is being built in the backlot once the stunt show opens. The most popular rumor is, of course, the Indiana Jones Adventure.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I have put a few angles of the Hero Car from Moteurs...Action Paris in my album here http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=8807&nocache=1

This shows 2 of the card they use during the show - and gives a nice cutaway of the roll cage. The monitor shot shows the engine configuration of the rear mount enegine version. Also, note how the rear screen has popped out at the top on the 2 complete cars - just after landing!

ISTCNavigator57 - thanks for that. I misunderstood - I thought you meant backlot as in where the Stunt Show is going... I am right in assuming the Indy EMV might be going on Lakeside circle, where the present stunt show is?

ISTCrew20

Originally posted by Goofster
so there's no word that the set the show takes place on will be any more "American" big city New York look than the foriegn look of the Paris show?

Nope. It's a harbor, and it looks the same as as the pictures I have seen from the Paris show. All of the CM's at MGM no longer refer to New York Street as New York Street. It's now "Big City Street", so I guess a fishing harbor will fit in there. This section of the park will look amazing after all the work is done. Almost every inch of every facade has either been replaced/painted/ or overhauled.

As for the theater itself ... It seems all of the backdrops for the village are 80 percent complete. From what I saw yesterday, they are working on stadium seating now. No seats are in place, just the white metal structure is there. The seats also face toward the NY Skyline, with the stage facing the oppisite way. It seems that guests will have to walk across the stage to get to the seats.

Testtrack321

Sounds like it's going VERY fast now! This is cool. Mabey Disney will let us in on some time during testing of the show, kinda like the M:S June previews.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by ISTCrew20
All of the CM's at MGM no longer refer to New York Street as New York Street. It's now "Big City Street

funny... every CM I remember yesterday called it NY Street..:confused:

Invero

Originally posted by DarkMeasures
The reason for the late openeing is because of training. Everyone will need to be trained to but they can't really start until the theatre is built.

Actually... training and practice is going on right now, and in an area you'd never think. :)

Invero

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
Paris :D

Indeed, I'm sure a lot of training happened in Paris. But they're actually here on WDW property now, very close to where you were last week. :)

(and, no, it's not Stolport)

MKBurn15

Oh you really do know where it is don't you? Well then I'll guess. Where is the Stunt show being built again? Is it in Epcot?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom