Lights, Motors, Action! accident yesterday.

Pioneer Hall

I agree that there is nothing really wrong with this attraction...you may not like it, but there is nothing wrong with it. The actors are stunt people who have been trained through and through for what they are doing. They are not regular people who got pulled out of their Honda's and were put behind the wheel of a stunt car. I don't think I have heard about anything nearly this serious happening at the FL show previously.

You have to think at some point WDW will see this show as too much of a liability and rethink the entire deal.

If you look at the statistics I'm sure there's more 'accidents' in the various parking lot's per week, should they be shut down also? I've witnessed a cast member injured in a fight sequence at the Indiana Jones Stunt Show one time and they had to stop the show and replace her and restart! It's a calculated risk that Disney have thought long and hard about and thought worthwhile to take. As others have said, these are stunt people who WOULD be doing far more dangerous things if not working on these highly choreographed shows. I hope the driver is ok but think this is something that will happen from time to time (a bit like sports players getting injured)

disreport

I don't think you guys understand what I'm saying. I don't agree in the least with shutting down LMA (although I think the pacing of show is horrible). However, if there is a WDW exec who thinks dropping a goofy looking hat in front a gorgeous replica, opening an attraction based on a TV show that has already peaked, or reducing major nighttime entertainment to 2 nights a week is a good idea.....Well then, there is probably a WDW exec who would see they value in rethinking LMA.

Disney Daddy

They need to close this attraction. I preferred seeing the Golden Girls house!

I have not had the chance to see LMA yet, but from the very first time I heard of it...I was like, that sounds really, really dangerous.

I totally agree with you, I would rather see the Golden Girls house. If Disney wants to plus it....build a real Golden Girls house that we can walk around in. That would be cool.

Our entertainment simply is not worth a cast member getting either seriously hurt or killed.

My prayers go out to this cast member and his family!!!!!

--Buzz

jeffk410

Yes. Both involve cars, both are entertainment and both are dangerous. You are not going to shut down motorsports because there is an accident and by the same token they should not down LMA because there was one. All they need to do is find out what went wrong and take steps to prevent a reoccurrence.

i do agree with yoda that they should not take it away because of that. But there is a point you can not compare a theme park to motorsports haha. but i have to side with yoda they cant just worry too much.

I don't think you guys understand what I'm saying. I don't agree in the least with shutting down LMA (although I think the pacing of show is horrible). However, if there is a WDW exec who thinks dropping a goofy looking hat in front a gorgeous replica, opening an attraction based on a TV show that has already peaked, or reducing major nighttime entertainment to 2 nights a week is a good idea.....Well then, there is probably a WDW exec who would see they value in rethinking LMA.

Ok, I see where you're coming from now a little more clearly. However if it's bringing in the green, it'll probably take more than a 'hurt' performer to make them decide to shut it down.

:wave:

Rabflmom

Ok, I see where you're coming from now a little more clearly. However if it's bringing in the green, it'll probably take more than a 'hurt' performer to make them decide to shut it down.

:wave:

Nothing in the news at all about any injuries at Disney. The car probably did what it was built to do-protect the driver.

I for one think the show is a great addition to the park. It is even educational. They let you know how chase scenes are set up, staged, etc. and how it is not something to do on a street in your town because it is dangerous and should only be done by professionals in controlled situations.

I have not had the chance to see LMA yet, but from the very first time I heard of it...I was like, that sounds really, really dangerous.

I totally agree with you, I would rather see the Golden Girls house. If Disney wants to plus it....build a real Golden Girls house that we can walk around in. That would be cool.

Our entertainment simply is not worth a cast member getting either seriously hurt or killed.

My prayers go out to this cast member and his family!!!!!

--Buzz

Now building a golden girls house is a probably little bit extreme for Disney! It would really be for adults who have seen the shows!

brent2124

There is no way DHS could do anything with LMA until the Monsters Inc. coaster is done. The large number of people at a show helps to control the wait times at RNR ToT and TSMM. Imagine the wait time for TSMM if LMA closed. Not to mention the amount of money that went into clearing the area and building the set, theres no way LMA is going away any time soon without a MAJOR accident. Thats not to say it maybe toned down some or given a new story that would allow less risk taking stunts

Uncle Lupe

gem_0003_0005_0_img0639.jpg

Maybe the show should be renamed Lights, Motor, Traction!!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
There is no way DHS could do anything with LMA until the Monsters Inc. coaster is done. The large number of people at a show helps to control the wait times at RNR ToT and TSMM. Imagine the wait time for TSMM if LMA closed. Not to mention the amount of money that went into clearing the area and building the set, theres no way LMA is going away any time soon without a MAJOR accident. Thats not to say it maybe toned down some or given a new story that would allow less risk taking stunts

The same things could be said about Fantasmic!, but they had no qualms about shuttering that.

WDW1974

The show, which I find a big bore (although I don't really like stunt shows as a genre), hasn't nearly been the big attendance driver to TPFKaTD-MGMS as Disney planned. It's not nearly as popular as DSP's, which is a bit surprising because of all the NASCAR lovers that visit WDW.

That said, it isn't going anywhere either now or even when they open the Monsters coaster debuts.

I'd expect Indy to disappear first (although I've heard the lousy movie that came out last summer has helped sustain interest/numbers in it).

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The show, which I find a big bore (although I don't really like stunt shows as a genre), hasn't nearly been the big attendance driver to TPFKaTD-MGMS as Disney planned. It's not nearly as popular as DSP's, which is a bit surprising because of all the NASCAR lovers that visit WDW.

That said, it isn't going anywhere either now or even when they open the Monsters coaster debuts.

I'd expect Indy to disappear first (although I've heard the lousy movie that came out last summer has helped sustain interest/numbers in it).

It it had ANY kind of NASCAR tie in it might be a lot more appealing.

WDW1974

It it had ANY kind of NASCAR tie in it might be a lot more appealing.

Good point.

Disney might want to look into some kind of deal with them ... it's not like Disney isn't involved in races with that ridiculous oval in the MK parking lot.

I'm sure they could do more with what they have.

xgp28

I came across this thread while looking to see if anything was on the news. I agree with the OP that the entire show was off. Hopefully the driver is ok. I had my camera ready to try and get a good shot of the final jump and caught this.

DSC_0123.jpg

piggy1116

When I was there this past nov. there was another accident with the motorcycle driver. he apparently went flying over the handlebars and hit the ground hard. He didn't get up they immediately "ended" the show and had the ambulance and firedept there. the show was closed for a day and a half. I hope the driver is well. I also find this show boring, i'd much rather see the golden girls house too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom