News Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy (New Show for 2019)

KrazyKat

I totally get what people mean when they say they want things like Cars Land unique to a specific place. It's just the "greedy" part of me that WANTS EVERYTHING at WDW. I go there 1-2 times a year (sometimes 3) and would love to see RSR more often then every few years going to DL. Having my family in FL I tend to go there more often. I would love to see places like Tokyo Disney Sea and HKDL but realistically, it ain't gonna happen unless I come into some money. I know Disney builds different attractions around the world to get people to come there. It's just wishful thinking having every great thing at a place called DISNEY WORLD which I consider my "home resort".

PS- I play the lottery constantly in the hopes of one day buying a home at Golden Oakes!:)

drod1985

I get where you're coming from @KrazyKat. I'd love if Radiator Springs was at WDW so my son could experience it on the regular. But as it is we're planning a trip to DLR in a few years so we can experience it there. Gives us something to look forward to and it'll make that trip more special.

Disneylover152

? That is the image (Cars 3 racing sim) I attached to the post you quoted.

Oh, I don't see a picture on my screen.
Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 5.32.01 PM.png

Tay

An addition and not a replacement? Plus Cars themed? Sign me up! Great ADDITION Disney. Glad they’re adding and not replacing. We need more of this.

Add me in the group that doesn’t want Carsland at WDW. It should stay exclusive to DL in the states at least. I would like another property on the scale of Carsland. Preferably Monstropolis but I’ve given up hope.

999th Happy Haunt

I guess Hollywood Studios (or whatever it will be eventually be renamed to) is becoming Magic Kingdom part 3. Of course Epcot is Magic Kingdom part 2. And please spare me the "Hollywood Studios is no longer a working studio" response. Just because it is no longer a working studio does not mean it needs to become Fantasyland. Yes, more shows and attractions are always welcome but soon there will be a lack of any form of transition between experiences AND parks (sans AK... for now).

And fwiw, we just bought into DVC, we love Disney and will continue to visit. I can support WDW and still be critical. I know the company is (or at least was) capable of doing a better job. One day, they will return to the higher standards they once practiced.
Hollywood Studios was always a park filled with IP

Kman101

Simple attraction that sucks DHS crowds. What's not to love? We need about a dozen more of these before SWGE.

Yep, I'm all for this. Too bad we don't have a Cars Land to put it in ...

I also don't agree with the dismissive way people are saying Epcot and other parks are becoming "Magic Kingdoms". Seriously, it's not the worst template to follow.

Sorry some of you (not you, obviously, just using this as a jumping off) have decided IPs are the devil and the end of the world when they don't need to be (and yes, I think it can be lazy, I'd always prefer originally created content from WDI, but some of you set yourselves up to absolutely hate everything they do -- I also agree the implementation of IPs has mostly sucked when is why I understand the resentment - and that it's apparently a mandate to only use IPs, which I don't like, but I don't think IPs *have* to be used in a bad way so I don't outright dismiss the idea)

Kman101

I totally get what people mean when they say they want things like Cars Land unique to a specific place. It's just the "greedy" part of me that WANTS EVERYTHING at WDW. I go there 1-2 times a year (sometimes 3) and would love to see RSR more often then every few years going to DL. Having my family in FL I tend to go there more often. I would love to see places like Tokyo Disney Sea and HKDL but realistically, it ain't gonna happen unless I come into some money. I know Disney builds different attractions around the world to get people to come there. It's just wishful thinking having every great thing at a place called DISNEY WORLD which I consider my "home resort".

PS- I play the lottery constantly in the hopes of one day buying a home at Golden Oakes!:)

They should have put Cars Land where Star Wars Land is going and put Star Wars Land behind Indy/Muppets. It wasn't that hard. We really should have had Cars Land. I don't mind clones but I also think all the parks should have an array of unique things as well. The parks just need more than they're getting.

I think it's kind of funny so many were against Cars Land because it was a pivotal part of DCA's makeover and they wanted unique but now we have Toy Story Land. I know which I'd have preferred (and I don't *totally* begrudge the idea of TSL they just budget cut ours too much, like usual), though we really should have had both, plus a Monsters Inc presence, plus SW, refreshed stage shows, Indy Ride ... they should have added Toontown to this park way back in the 90s too. SO many missed opportunites to have a fully fleshed out park.

Imagine a park that has Cars Land, Toy Story Land, Monstropolis, Star Wars Land, Indy Land, Animation Land (should have made the animation building "Walt Disney Presents"), Toontown, Sunset Blvd, Hollywood Blvd, Muppet Courtyard ...

beachlover4444

I am stoked to see Carsland in January first trip to Disneyland. Atleast cars land had 3 rides and Galaxy edge, while HUGE only is gonna have 1.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom