News Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy (New Show for 2019)

Disneylover152

How is this a bad thing in any way, shape, or form? If you don't like it, don't go, and your experience won't be harmed whatsoever.

I agree. It's tucked into a corner of the park that you have to go out of your way to see it. It's not like the Incredible Tomorrowland Expo where your forced to have it if you walk in Tomorrowland. It'll be a fun, little cute show in an AIR CONDITIONED space replacing an empty theatre.

Disneylover152

The Disney World website gives a little more information.

It tells us that the age interest will be for Preschoolers, Kids and Tweens so don't expect anything major. It also confirms it will be in Sunset Showcase Theatre, which we already knew. And it says that Hollywood Studios will be the home for Cars.

It says:

Welcome Aspiring Racers
Learn what it takes to be a champion racer from the legendary Lightning McQueen at Sunset Showcase.

High-Tech Hijinks
To kick things off, Lightning demonstrates what he’s learned over the years by using his brand-new, state-of-the-art racing simulator and its wraparound screen. Of course, as this seasoned racer has discovered throughout his career, things don’t always go according to plan, and he has to think fast to get back on course.

With Tow Mater, Cruz Ramirez and the gang from Radiator Springs rooting him on, Lightning gears up for the challenge. Will he emerge victorious? Speed on over to find out.

Bonus: after the show, you’ll even have the chance to snap a photo with trainer-turned-racer Cruz Ramirez just outside the Academy.

It’s Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy at Disney’s Hollywood Studios—the home for Cars at Walt Disney World Resort!

LINK: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/hollywood-studios/lightning-mcqueens-racing-academy/

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

It tells us that the age interest will be for Preschoolers, Kids and Tweens so don't expect anything major. It also confirms it will be in Sunset Showcase Theatre, which we already knew. And it says that Hollywood Studios will be the home for Cars.

It says:

Welcome Aspiring Racers
Learn what it takes to be a champion racer from the legendary Lightning McQueen at Sunset Showcase.

High-Tech Hijinks
To kick things off, Lightning demonstrates what he’s learned over the years by using his brand-new, state-of-the-art racing simulator and its wraparound screen. Of course, as this seasoned racer has discovered throughout his career, things don’t always go according to plan, and he has to think fast to get back on course.

With Tow Mater, Cruz Ramirez and the gang from Radiator Springs rooting him on, Lightning gears up for the challenge. Will he emerge victorious? Speed on over to find out.

Bonus: after the show, you’ll even have the chance to snap a photo with trainer-turned-racer Cruz Ramirez just outside the Academy.

It’s Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy at Disney’s Hollywood Studios—the home for Cars at Walt Disney World Resort!

LINK: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/hollywood-studios/lightning-mcqueens-racing-academy/

Enchanted Tales with McQueen

Last edited:

Spash007

That last sentence is interesting. Obviously this is the home for Cars as this ride is going there. Are they getting on that it will actually be more than that? That there will be a land added? Or has there been some public outcry that DL has Cars and WDW doesn't, so they're just putting it out there?

Honestly looking at a map, there's a lot of room back there, and with TSL no there, it looks odd that there isn't anything. I know SW:GE will change that a bit, and you do need the infrastructure somewhere, but it seems like with everything that's coming, a Cars Land in HS might not be that far off.

KrazyKat

I know this has been brought up a million times but I'm in the camp that would love to see Cars Land brought to DHS especially after seeing it firsthand at DCA. This would be an incredible addition along with new lands like Star Wars:GE. Of course it's been shot down several times by insiders here but things seem to change every other week with TDO. I know some are against it but I would welcome it. Could this possibly be a way to gauge guests interests in Cars at DHS?

Spash007

I just don't honestly see how you can Lightning McQueen in there without some sort of expansion or re-theme of RnRC courtyard since you're going to be walking through it

Biff215

This will be interesting for sure. The screens are already there so that part is obvious. The theater lacks permanent seating, so will this be standing similar to circle vision, or will they add some? Also, wonder if Lightning will be on the screen or a live animatronic in the room.

This doesn’t sound permanent, maybe it’s just a people eater with SWL opening. I’m hoping it’s being used to switch out BatB and enclose that theater.

Cars Land is likely wishful thinking, I don’t see a connection there. Disney is investing heavily in DHS right now, I doubt we’ll see another land added for quite a while. IMO.

RSoxNo1

I don't want a Cars Land in Disney World. I think each resort needs to have their own things that you can only experience in that resort. I want to have to go to Disneyland to experience Cars Land, I don't want it to be everywhere.
Exactly, I want things of that scale and quality to be unique at each resort. I look at Pandora as WDW's Cars Land.

PorterRedkey

It says:

High-Tech Hijinks

A wraparound screen like in the movie?
Cars_3_3.jpg

Kevin_W

This will be interesting for sure. The screens are already there so that part is obvious. The theater lacks permanent seating, so will this be standing similar to circle vision, or will they add some? Also, wonder if Lightning will be on the screen or a live animatronic in the room.

I was thinking something like the Captain Jack show they had next to TSMM (or the Narnia show before it).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom