Lightning Lane Premier Pass

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Maybe someone has already said this, but you could easily offset the cost by staying off-site. If Disney didn’t limit the pass to, at a minimum, resort guests, they’d likely see a decline in their hotel occupancy rates once people figured out the math.
that entered my mind as well... and the 30 minute early entry perk and 7 day pre-vacation booking LLs for onsite guests benefit is meaningless if you do this

I'm sure they've thought all of this through though 👀

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I think what a lot of hardcore fans don't seem to understand is that normies don't care that Guardians doesn't fit in Epcot or whatever thematic inconsistency, they care about things like this. The actual day to day experience. This is what upsets people and makes them stop going.

ConfettiCupcake

To me, this was the inevitable step. With UNI having Express Pass as a pay-to-play (unless you stay in their version of a deluxe), I'm sure Disney felt that this was money left on the table and found a way to try and encourage people to stay at a deluxe who may have the funds to pay for these passes. Not that I agree with it. I do prefer the UNI approach where the majority of people don't use Express Pass and the stand-by lines move along.

I dunno I don’t think this is about deluxe occupancy rates at all. My guess is that those who are able to shell out this kind of money purely for convenience were either already staying at a deluxe, or will still stay at their preferred non Disney accommodation and hire a tour guide.

I think it’s about finding a way to squeeze more money out of what they’re considering excess capacity.

drizgirl

Interesting at least for us as easily we can replace the substandard table service in some parks (looking at Magic Kingdom specifically) with this, knock out the attractions and have a good meal elsewhere.
If Disney can get you to pay this plus the high ticket price and get the hell out to make room for someone else? I'm sure they see that as a win.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I don’t see this having a major effect on the average guest. The pool of people who can purchase this is very small. And those people would have likely purchased multi & single pass anyway. So it’s the same amount of people using the system.
My big take away is that it’s only good at one park. I think this is a big drawback for people who normally park hop.

That "pool of people" is every single Deluxe, DVC, and Swan/Dolphin/Reserve room. That's not exactly a couple of hundred people.

Or maybe it is right now... :cautious:

ConfettiCupcake

Just wait for them to release LLPP+ , that will include a park hopping option for an additional 399 per guest.

I think as far as we know right now there’s nothing stopping someone for buying it at more than one park per day. So the good news is if you’re already buying MK it’s only $129-200 something per person per park to hop.

You know one of these vloggers will do it on day one and see if they can do everything 😂

drizgirl

Maybe someone has already said this, but you could easily offset the cost by staying off-site. If Disney didn’t limit the pass to, at a minimum, resort guests, they’d likely see a decline in their hotel occupancy rates once people figured out the math.
But that absolutely does work at DLR.

Dranth

I don't like a lot of the choices Disney has made in recent years, but this is fine. It is not meant to be available to everyone and nor should it be. This costs them nothing to implement and gives the option for those who have more money than time and don't want to mess with MP but don't want to deal with a VIP tour.

Besides, we had a large number of people on here complaining for years that they should just do an EP like system. Well, they finally did and big surprise, more complaining.

Finally, for those bringing up that EP is included at Uni let's not forget they called that a mistake and have not added it to a single additional hotel since, including the brand new one at EU so yes, it is a great value but not something that is going to happen again. At least not without it being limited in some major way.

ConfettiCupcake

I don't like a lot of the choices Disney has made in recent years, but this is fine. It is not meant to be available to everyone and nor should it be. This costs them nothing to implement and gives the option for those who have more money than time and don't want to mess with MP.

Besides, we had a large number of people on here complaining for years that they should just do an EP like system. Well, they finally did and big surprise, more complaining.

Finally, for those bringing up that EP is included at Uni let's not forget they called that a mistake and have not added it to a single additional hotel since, including the brand new one at EU so yes, it is a great value but not something that is going to happen again. At least not without it being limited in some major way.
I have always thought the people who complained that Disney’s system wasn’t as good as Universals were out to lunch in terms of the way they thought they’d just hand it over as a perk to deluxe guests and it wouldn’t have to be priced extremely high compared to Uni.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom