Lightning Lane Premier Pass

KDM31091

Price is insane and all this will do is slow the standby line even further. I’m shocked that they went through with it, but I know people will buy it.

Andrew25

1729086659144.png

Price Comparison.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I figured it out. No actual families are going to buy this thing.

This is the Disney Adult Premier Pass. Since they always travel alone, a VIP tour is too expensive. So this is the next best thing.

Pretty much, yes. More on likely rationale summarized here:

I thought we were moving toward even higher Genie+/LLMP price but we haven't seen that kind of growth. Maybe partially because it's more elastic than anticipated? Regardless, Disney probably wants to see LL revenue revenue and if they're not going to see it in LLMP then they might as well create a new bucket to attract people with more money to spend. There's probably a sizable market that is okay paying for MMLP but think it's inadequate but also think a VIP tour is out of reach. A program tapping into that market converts some people already paying for LLMP into a higher cost bucket, thus growing LL revenue.

It would need to be priced high enough that people think the price is nuts compared to "working" the lower tier MLLP to an advantage. To be viewed as "VIP-light." Speaking of VIP tours, as they exist now they could see decreased bookings but Disney can choose to differentiate a VIP tour from a premier pass in multiple ways, including forcing attractions to allow VIP tour guests multiple rerides on any attraction.

ConfettiCupcake

Incase anybody missed it, Disney has this “Beginning October 30, 2024, we will begin piloting the rollout of Lightning Lane Premier Pass with very limited quantities for Guests staying at Disney Deluxe Resorts, Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts and other select hotels.” on their website.

I think there is absolutely a chance this expands enough to have a very real feel on the average guest, whether it’s a standby only guest or a LLMP guest.

Gringrinngghost

Besides, we had a large number of people on here complaining for years that they should just do an EP like system. Well, they finally did and big surprise, more complaining.

Finally, for those bringing up that EP is included at Uni let's not forget they called that a mistake and have not added it to a single additional hotel since, including the brand new one at EU so yes, it is a great value but not something that is going to happen again. At least not without it being limited in some major way.
1729086887691.png

Purduevian

So just thinking about how fast you can get through all the LL attractions in each park:

MK LL attraction time: Barnstormer (63), Big Thunder (205), Buzz (243), Dumbo (90), HM (450), Small world (630), JC (545), Tea (90), Carpet (90), Pooh (188), Philharmagic (720), Monster's Inc (660), Pan (165), Pirates (510), 7D (150), Space (150), Tiana (660), Speedway (285), Mermaid (375), Tron (120). Total= 6389 seconds or ~106 mins

Assuming a 10 mins from entering queue until the ride starts = 200 mins

Assume a 15 min break every hour of straight attraction time= 75 mins

Assume 1 hour for lunch= 60 mins

Final time to complete all LLs in MK is ~441 mins or ~7.35 hours.

Not sure why I did this, but it is interesting if you aren't zig zagging or stuck on your phone you can have a pretty leisurely day and finish by 3:20ish

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
It could be a way to juice occupancy rates at Deluxe hotels. That might make the most sense here.

Maybe, but I think most people with the disposable income for this kind of pass would already be splurging for deluxe resorts. I wouldn't expect this to push people into deluxe the same way extended evening hours presumably helps on softer Mondays and Wednesdays. Many families justify the cost increase because EEH is included "free" and it comes out cheaper than, say, After Hours. But asking people to pay more for deluxe and then pay more for LLPP is a double whammy.

Dranth

A strategy that has worked brilliantly for the company.
Let's be honest, they have been that way since day one. Walt made you pay to get in and then charged you per ride. Eisner started upcharge after hours events. Iger took what both did, combined them all and injected the whole things with steroids. So yes, it has gotten worse, but this has been happening all over the place as excel driven MBAs started taking over companies in the late 90s.

This particular offering I find one of the least offensive moves they have made as it fits a very particular niche group that has little impact on the vast majority of guests. There is a near zero chance I will pay for this and I bet that is true for most people.

Mr. Sullivan

This is closer to what I’ve been wanting them to do but not quite. I need them to meet in the middle, Get rid of the cheaper LL and this version too and instead make one LL tier that is $100-$150 (maybe even up to $200-$300 for all 4 parks on one pass) and do it like Universal does it.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Maybe, but I think most people with the disposable income for this kind of pass would already be splurging for deluxe resorts. I wouldn't expect this to push people into deluxe the same way extended evening hours presumably helps on softer Mondays and Wednesdays. Many families justify the cost increase because EEH is included "free" and it comes out cheaper than, say, After Hours. But asking people to pay more for deluxe and then pay more for LLPP is a double whammy.

Exactly - there is no way the option to "add" an additional $329/person per day to have an "at-will" LL for MK makes anyone say "Well I guess I was going to spend $150/night at Pop but I'll go ahead and spend $400/night at AKL so I can then add on ANOTHER $1320 so we can just do whatever we want when we want in MK."

This is clearly directed at those who they think are already spending the most, and have some room in their budget (but not enough for a VIP tour). I'd be shocked if this actually works but I expected LL to fail just because guests weren't used to paying for it and I was spectacularly wrong with that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom