Lightning Lane Premier Pass

Purduevian

This is closer to what I’ve been wanting them to do but not quite. I need them to meet in the middle, Get rid of the cheaper LL and this version too and instead make one LL tier that is $100-$150 (maybe even up to $200-$300 for all 4 parks on one pass) and do it like Universal does it.
The math wouldn't work. If they sold this for $150 per person in MK it would break the system, way too many people would buy it

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Spending how much for one FP per ride in a single park?

Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

BUT BUT BUT I can go on BTMRR WHENEVER I want - not when the bot tells me I can. I have FREEDOM NOW!

ConfettiCupcake

The math wouldn't work. If they sold this for $150 per person in MK it would break the system, way too many people would buy it

Seriously. Disney has told us today they currently require a huge spend to even unlock the privilege to spend $329 per person at the low end for an unscheduled one time use LL at each MK attraction.

This is never coming down to anything approximating Universal or affordable. I don’t know how much clearer they need to make this. This will never be beneficial to guests who cant or refuse to afford the current price.

IanDLBZF

I am fascinated by the spend more in order to be eligible to spend more mentality they have. All you at the all star resorts must wait in the normal line, you don’t get the opportunity to give us an extra $350
Or simply you just get the multipass and nothing more.

Drdcm

Exactly - there is no way the option to "add" an additional $329/person per day to have an "at-will" LL for MK makes anyone say "Well I guess I was going to spend $150/night at Pop but I'll go ahead and spend $400/night at AKL so I can then add on ANOTHER $1320 so we can just do whatever we want when we want in MK."

This is clearly directed at those who they think are already spending the most, and have some room in their budget (but not enough for a VIP tour). I'd be shocked if this actually works but I expected LL to fail just because guests weren't used to paying for it and I was spectacularly wrong with that.
I know people that actually think and spend that way in order to get an extra evening hour… insanity.

Purduevian

Seriously. Disney has told us today they currently require a huge spend to even unlock the privilege to spend $329 per person at the low end for an unscheduled one time use LL at each MK attraction.

This is never coming down to anything approximating Universal or affordable. I don’t know how much clearer they need to make this. This will never be beneficial to guests who cant or refuse to afford the current price.
I am financially fortunate enough to do 1 big trip like WDW once a year. If the no reservation LL pass is at a price where it is something that I would even consider... it is priced too low as there are too many people like me. This pass seems priced appropriately to me because I'm not even considering it unless the Mega Millions graces me with a large cash infusion.

Mr. Sullivan

Then raise it up to Universal’s two park price. Something.

At the end of the day, a skip the line option should be expensive and limited, not accessible to all or else the actual effectiveness of it disappears. I know Disney doesn’t really want it to be all that effective so more buy but this is what needs to happen.

Free Fast Pass needs to stay dead forever. Cheap LL needs to disappear. One premium priced line skipper needs to be introduced.

JD80

for now

if they can make money on this any other way they will... its just getting started

Slippery slope arguments are boring.

Who cares about this. It's an option for people who want to spend more money. It's completely optional and it'll be rare enough that it won't impact wait times in any significant way most likely.

Mr. Sullivan

for now

if they can make money on this any other way they will... its just getting started
But even if it stops being a perk only for Deluxe/Villa/DVC guests…so? You’ve laid out all the reasons why this won’t be an attractive option for anyone but specific groups of people, so it won’t really move the needle. The people who are going to make use of this would be using the regular lightning lane anyway if this wasn’t an option. All this is doing is moving them out of the regular lightning lane category and giving them something more appealing to them. It’s not adding additional lightning light users and isn’t impacting the current experience regular lightning lane users are having.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Slippery slope arguments are boring.

Who cares about this. It's an option for people who want to spend more money. It's completely optional and it'll be rare enough that it won't impact wait times in any significant way most likely.
if there's a way for Disney to screw things up with this and effect the guest experience.... they will

IanDLBZF

At the end of the day, a skip the line option should be expensive and limited, not accessible to all or else the actual effectiveness of it disappears. I know Disney doesn’t really want it to be all that effective so more buy but this is what needs to happen.

Free Fast Pass needs to stay dead forever. Cheap LL needs to disappear. One premium priced line skipper needs to be introduced.
This is going to anger a lot of people though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom