Lightning Lane Premier Pass

Wall-e

I’m not one of those “this is the last straw” types but I hope enough people stop giving in to their money grabs that they eventually realize they need to cater to their core guests.

There can’t be that many families of four that can afford $1200 (on a low cost MK day) to add to their already expensive park ticket. I know we’ll never go back to the old FP days but O how I miss them.

burt+sal

Because you could get one or two LLPP for free on the difference between deluxe hotel rack rates and all star music.

They really want to limit this offering.
Maybe someone has already said this, but you could easily offset the cost by staying off-site. If Disney didn’t limit the pass to, at a minimum, resort guests, they’d likely see a decline in their hotel occupancy rates once people figured out the math.

ConfettiCupcake

I’m not one of those “this is the last straw” types but I hope enough people stop giving in to their money grabs that they eventually realize they need to cater to their core guests.

There can’t be that many families of four that can afford $1200 (on a low cost MK day) to add to their already expensive park ticket. I know we’ll never go back to the old FP days but O how I miss them.

If I had to guess I’d say this program is going to be all about walking the fine line between selling off ‘excess’ capacity at a hefty premium and keeping LLMP and LLSP functional enough for the normies.

They’ll call that good enough. Catering to core guests now feels a lot like not annoying them too badly.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Genuinely what is the point of this, all it does is give them bad PR and complicate the system and for what? A modest increase in LL sales. And they wonder why attendance has been down the past two years. Even if this won't affect most people you still see it in the news and say "uhgg Disney raising prices and complicating things more". This is why Daddy Josh needs to go.

They likely realize that, for the most part, they can't generate good press AND satisfy shareholders.

tanc

Premium Member
funny.png

I find this question on the FAQ absolutely hilarious. Even they realize how ridiculous their naming conventions are.

Stevie Amsterdam

I sincerely hope this motivates American Disney park fans to at least explore the idea of visiting parks outside of the US. Travel included the total expense for your trip to Europe or Asia wouldn't be that much more than a WDW trip. We'd love to welcome you in Paris and the Asian parks are just so beautiful and accomodating. Bonus feature: Paris, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo are incredibly cool destinations on their own.

Brian

View attachment 820859

I find this question on the FAQ absolutely hilarious. Even they realize how ridiculous their naming conventions are.
I'm looking forward to Lightning Lane Ultra Ubër Mega Pass, which is anywhere between $940 - $2,200 per person per day and the touchpoint just turns green whenever and wherever you tap it. It'll also include a complimentary bottled beverage and snack one time for each person in your party!

Skibum1970

To me, this was the inevitable step. With UNI having Express Pass as a pay-to-play (unless you stay in their version of a deluxe), I'm sure Disney felt that this was money left on the table and found a way to try and encourage people to stay at a deluxe who may have the funds to pay for these passes. Not that I agree with it. I do prefer the UNI approach where the majority of people don't use Express Pass and the stand-by lines move along.

Indy_UK

I guess people did ask for this pass and Disney has catered.

For over 2 years people were shouting at Disney to bring back the Dining plan, but who is also actually buying that.

The rises over the last couple of years has dropped the amount of merch we buy each trip (just go to the outlet) and if they continue, it's the food that will be dropped next. We are certainly having cereal in the rooms now but I'll probably make pack up lunches too and save the dinners for the only time we'll splash a bit,

John park hopper

To me, this was the inevitable step. With UNI having Express Pass as a pay-to-play (unless you stay in their version of a deluxe), I'm sure Disney felt that this was money left on the table and found a way to try and encourage people to stay at a deluxe who may have the funds to pay for these passes.
If they want to up occupancy at deluxe resorts Disney should offer LL free

burt+sal

How is this a per day per park price? It doesn’t even remotely line up with existing lightning lane… at Animal Kingdom you can easily do every ride on the existing system for $20 dollars a day per person. Who on earth would spend $400 more for a family of 4 for this…

I’m someone who only gets to Disney so often and honestly just suck up paying more for convenience of these greedy new systems, but even I can’t get behind this it doesn’t even make sense. I loved the idea when I read it, but up to $450 per person per day for one park?! What is even happening with these prices…..
The only people I can see using it for AK are people for whom money is no object and they want to knock out all the rides in 2 hours to park hop elsewhere. Otherwise, I agree, it makes absolutely no sense.

IanDLBZF

I sincerely hope this motivates American Disney park fans to at least explore the idea of visiting parks outside of the US. Travel included the total expense for your trip to Europe or Asia wouldn't be that much more than a WDW trip. We'd love to welcome you in Paris and the Asian parks are just so beautiful and accomodating. Bonus feature: Paris, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo are incredibly cool destinations on their own.
And then you have three of the big first world problems:
1. Airfare
2. Language barriers (I heard this is not as big as a problem at Hong Kong & Paris, as opposed to Shanghai & Tokyo)
3. The visa issue (which of course is a problem with Shanghai and Hong Kong)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom