Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

aaronml

Another problem I have with this is now I will need to do more planning the day OF beginning at 7am and throughout the day. People will be buried in their phones even more now
I’m not a morning person. Not having to rope-drop / wake up super early just to get an FP for one of the more popular attractions was honestly one of the few things I liked about FP+.

Marriedatdisney

I’m a huge disney fan. Married at Disney world. Taken our kids 1-2 times a year. 8 disney cruises. This sounds like the dumbest idea ever. So I buy a ticket….. with maybe a hopper. Then I buy a ‘genie’….which gets me in to a supposedly faster lane…. But only for the non headliners. Then I pay again for the right to skip the line in the ‘big’ rides. But only two a day. I can’t do it in advance so I get to look forward to waking up at 6:45 to button mashing genie. Then I can button mash for the virtual queues.

Could this be a worse experience? It’s like apple has this great thing going and they suddenly add 9 buttons and a digital pen connected by a wire to the new iPhone. It’s as if the finance dept locked the imagineers in a closet and designed this…. Horrible…..

James Alucobond

Another problem I have with this is now I will need to do more planning the day OF beginning at 7am and throughout the day. People will be buried in their phones even more now
I feel the opposite. In imagining how I'll interact with my phone here, I think FastPass+ was the poorer experience. You had to commit to a schedule way too far in advance, and because three passes were active at once, I always felt like I was searching for a third to tack onto the end while rushing to the next thing at the top of my list. I think I prefer the idea of, "I want to go here next. Let me just punch that in now that I've finished this ride."

ParentsOf4

The $15 is $5 cheaper than maxpass today at DLR, but they seem to be cheaping out on photopass or did I read that wrong? I don’t disagree with your price increase point. Anyone who thinks ticket prices won’t go up now this year is kidding themselves.
Except MaxPass originally included all attractions.

With Genie+, you pay $15 (initially) and still don't have access to the most in-demand attractions.

Hcalvert

"Annual Passholders will be able to add Disney Genie+ on the day of use."

From here:

Also here (set up to time stamp)...

So... free for APs to use G+? (Assuming that the two Tier 1 FPs will still cost extra.)

How I read it is that APs will have to pay for it too, but it doesn't expressly state that. Based on all the other price gouging, I don't see Disney passing this up for the opportunity to charge more people.

Animaniac93-98

bunnyman

I feel the opposite. In imagining how I'll interact with my phone here, I think FastPass+ was the poorer experience. You had to commit to a schedule way too far in advance, and because three passes were active at once, I always felt like I was searching for a third to tack onto the end while rushing to the next thing at the top of my list. I think I prefer the idea of, "I want to go here next. Let me just punch that in now that I've finished this ride."
The one thing I always liked about FP+ was that I knew going in I at least had 3 rides confirmed. Was often able to switch around, and if you knew the sweet spot times when availabilities opened up during the day, you could often change things up on the fly (did that often withs Flights of Passage). Hate getting up early, and after spending every work day buried on the computer or endless conference/Zoom calls I now have to start every day playing the app run around trying to get Genie+ rides; nice job of dragging stress into my vacation no thank you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom