Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

po1998

Well, you could have confined yourself to rides that are actually open. Yes, over the last five years the repercussions of a decade of inactivity became so apparent WDW had to respond, albeit in lackluster fashion. What you have there is the MGM update, which was needed for 20 years and was eventually budget cut close to the bone, Iger’s-Ego Land, rides that aren’t open because Disney is dragging out the construction to avoid having to build MORE rides, and some really pathetic content - when you’re listing Sing-Alongs and Awesome Planet, you’re not going to impress many skeptics.
Bravo! 👏👏👏

ParentsOf4

Why didn’t they just raise ticket prices $15 a day, there would have been less backlash and they would have made more money overall. This is a bad idea.
What makes you think Disney isn't also going to raise ticket prices $15 a day?

Come back Michael. All is forgiven.

Mostly.
Gawd, I really am missing Michael right now.

And all the theme parks he built.

$15/day in August, $25/day come February, plus ticket and food price increases? Nah, they’d never do that…
Yeah, what gets me is that some write, "$15 is not so bad." It won't stay that way for long.

Slowly turn the thumb screws.

1629334062651.png

mightynine

"Annual Passholders will be able to add Disney Genie+ on the day of use."

Here's hoping that they kept the wording vague to allow the possibility of limited comp genie+ for aps. E.g. 15 days/year for platinum plus, 10 days/yr for platinum, etc... Once you use up the comp ones, then it's buy for $15...

That likely means APs can add it on day of, and people buying tickets in advance can add it at time of purchase.

MurphyJoe

So who is this good for besides Disney?

Let’s say your in the money is no object crowd.

If I’m understanding this correctly you can only ride 2 headliners a day?

Whats the point of park hoppers at all?

You show up ride a couple rides and go back to your room?

Am I missing something here?

You can ride more than 2 headliners daily. Disney is only allowing (at the moment) people to purchase access twice daily to a selected roster of attractions.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So who is this good for besides Disney?

Let’s say your in the money is no object crowd.

If I’m understanding this correctly you can only ride 2 headliners a day?

Whats the point of park hoppers at all?

You show up ride a couple rides and go back to your room?

Am I missing something here?
In theory if you pay for RoTR and Slinky and then use Genie+ for some or all of Smugglers Run, MMRR, ToT, RnRC and TSMM you can essentially ride every ride at DHS without waiting more than 20 mins in a line on most days. I assume that’s the intended appeal for the money is no object crowd.

seabreezept813

I’m having a hard time understanding why anyone would pay for that extra lightning access.. wouldn’t you just RD the hot new ride instead of fork over up to 100 dollars or more.

Also @lentesta , you can totally outdo this system right? How do you see this affecting touring plans?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
What makes you think Disney isn't also going to raise ticket prices $15 a day?

Gawd, I really am missing Michael right now.

And all the theme parks he built.

Yeah, what gets me is that some write, "$15 is not so bad." It won't stay that way for long.

Slowly turn the thumb screws.

View attachment 580739
The $15 is $5 cheaper than maxpass today at DLR, but they seem to be cheaping out on photopass or did I read that wrong? I don’t disagree with your price increase point. Anyone who thinks ticket prices won’t go up now this year is kidding themselves.

World_Showcase_Lover007

Is that on his Twitter? And to be honest, I used to lesson to his WDWRadio Podcasts but quickly got tired of it due to him being a bit to positive for my taste. Since then, my prefer Disney (and Disney Theme Parks) podcasts is The Mad Chatters Podcats, Retro WDW, Escape From Vault Disney Tony Goldmark, and The Disney Dish with Jim Hill and Len Testa.
He did a Facebook live that just ended. I couldn’t resist going to see what he could come up with. He kept saying “why are people mad, it doesn’t change anything, I don’t get it.” He doesn’t get it and never will.

I commented to him that I’ll stick with Len Testa and Touring plans bc there is a way to have a business and make money while still caring about people, while trying to help ppl with their vacation, and while being able to tell the truth instead of Chapek’s talking points.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The differences in photopass are still kinda weird. Wonder if it's a technology infrastructure difference still and someone isn't paying enough :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I’m having a hard time understanding why anyone would pay for that extra lightning access.. wouldn’t you just RD the hot new ride instead of fork over up to 100 dollars or more.

Also @lentesta , you can totally outdo this system right? How do you see this affecting touring plans?
There won't be a standby for the hot new ride for you to rope drop. Take Ratatouille. It will be virtual queue or pay to ride only. If you miss the virtual queue your only option will be to pay.

More at https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...en-with-virtual-queue-and-no-standby-line.htm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom