Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

MrPromey

So does this mean for 15 dollars I can get MMRR and Smugglers Run as well as Terror, Rock N Roller Coaster and Midway Mania? Those are not listed as separate and considered part of genie plus?

You realize this means for 15 dollars I get the two tier 2s and 2 that were previously hediner tier 1s. If that's the csse. Too me that's as good as free.
If you're actually able to get passes to all of them in a single day, I think so but remember nearly everyone else visiting Hollywood Studios will probably have a similar strategy and just like all the old systems, slicing and dicing how you allot access does not create more access.

I'd expect you'll find a lack of availability for the stuff you really want to do later in the day after you've waited the return times for your first must-dos, just like what happened with the paper fastpasses only faster since it could be argued that overall attraction capacity has gone down while attendance has gone up since those days.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Finally got to the end.

I don’t understand dropping the fastpass name. They are going to change all the signage to lightning lane. Seems dumb. I catch people at universal all the time using the phrase fastpass.

Seems like they’re charging for a system that’s far more restrictive than bringing back and charging for Fastpass+
I think they want to differentiate this product because FP and FP+ were free. If you keep the name then people will be more likely to point out that they are charging for something that was historically free.

BaconPancakes

If you're actually able to get passes to all of them in a single day, I think so but remember nearly everyone else visiting Hollywood Studios will probably have a similar strategy and just like all the old systems, slicing and dicing how you allot access does not create more access.

I'd expect you'll find a lack of availability for the stuff you really want to do later in the day after you've waited the return times for your first must-dos, just like what happened with the paper fastpasses only faster since it could be argued that overall attraction capacity has gone down while attendance has gone up since those days.
Hollywood Studios was absolutely insane with lines last week. You’d think with all of the expansions and new rides the capacity would have been increased. Boy was that ever wrong.

jpinkc

I think this whole thing is BU🤬 !! WE are paying Disney crazy amounts just to go and they want to Nickle and Dime us for more everytime we turn around. If I lived anywhere NEAR Burbank I would be out front of TWDC with a sign to call them out on this GREEDY CASH GRAB!!!

TrojanUSC

For a company that prides itself in branding, it’s stunning just how confusing this is.

Lighting Lane is just the term for the physical lane guests will use, replacing the “Fastpass Line.”

Genie+ is the new FP+/MaxPass service.

The e-ticket Pay Per Ride service is apparently unbranded and unnamed, which is a baffling decision.

Why not make Genie the app, Lightning Lane the name of the physical line and add-on service within the app and create something for the top tier like Lightning Lane Ultimate? Seems like this would alleviate a lot of confusion.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
For a company that prides itself in branding, it’s stunning just how confusing this is.

Lighting Lane is just the term for the physical lane guests will use, replacing the “Fastpass Line.”

The e-ticket Pay Per Ride service is apparently unbranded and unnamed, which is a baffling decision.

Why not make Genie the app, Lightning Lane the name of the physical line and add-on service within the app and create something for the top tier like Lightning Lane Ultimate? Seems like this would alleviate a lot of confusion.
Almost none of this is correct.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Those weren't shown in the video, but I would be shocked if the latter two were in Tier 1. The first two could go either way. And, of course, it's safe to assume Tron would debut in Tier 1 (most likely with a VQ)
There are TWO tier 1 attractions in the Magic Kingdom. Mine Train and Space Mountain. That's it. Two.

The list has been confirmed by @wdwmagic and @lentesta. Mine Train, Space Mountain, Test Track, Rat, Rise, Slinky, Kilimanjaro, and Flight of Passage. That's it. That's the list.

Last edited by a moderator:

jpinkc

I can tell you why the E TIcket Pay Per Ride service isnt being mentioned. Its probably going to be 50-75 a head to get one. THey want the smoke from this to be cleared out before announcing the Other Part!

DisneyDodo

Hollywood Studios was absolutely insane with lines last week. You’d think with all of the expansions and new rides the capacity would have been increased. Boy was that ever wrong.
Part of the problem is that RotR doesn't really alleviate any of the capacity issues faced by the other rides, since the people "queuing" for RotR can still get in line for everything else. The only people it eats are the ones actually on the ride (and preshow, etc.)

MrPromey

It's not really expansion, though. It's all replacement and in some cases, replacement of larger capacity attractions that were also significantly longer experiences with shorter experiences that also can't handle as many people per hour as those previous attractions.

ParentsOf4

What will be considered headliners in MK? All 3 mountains and Mine Train?
This is what Touring Plans is projecting to be Tier 1 (i.e. pay to play):

Magic Kingdom: Space Mountain and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

EPCOT: Test Track and Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure

Hollywood Studios: Rise of the Resistance and Slinky Dog Dash

Animal Kingdom: Flight of Passage and Kilimanjaro Safaris

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom