Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

Tha Realest

My question is how are they even going to go about proving that someone lied? I thought they cannot ask for medical proof for the disability. This sounds like an empty threat that will stop some who have a moral conscience from attempting to lie and the ones who don't care and don't have any shread of decency, will continue to abuse it anyways.
I trust they will verify this in the same way they did to ensure the unvaccinated remained masked indoors...honor system

moorish

I’m a bit wary of his tweets now. He got the basic info wrong on the timing of booking Genie+ despite the fact the video included that info.
I noticed Carlye Weisel also got this wrong. I wonder if it wasn't very clear in what was released to them.

But I understand where you're coming from.

Patcheslee

My question is how are they even going to go about proving that someone lied? I thought they cannot ask for medical proof for the disability. This sounds like an empty threat that will stop some who have a moral conscience from attempting to lie and the ones who don't care and don't have any shread of decency, will continue to abuse it anyways.
I could see it being a type of situation where, someone that claims they cannot stand in lines for an extensive period of time, seen doing exactly that. Or possibly using someone else's information to obtain the pass.

Casper Gutman

Smuggler's Run, Rise of the Resistance, Runaway Railway, Slinky Dog Dash, Alien Swirling Saucers, Tron, Cosmic Rewind, Ratatouille, Flight of Passage, Na'vi River Journey, Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy, Awesome Planet, Canada Far and Wide, Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along, Wondrous China, PLAY! Pavilion.

...or did you want me to go back more than 4 years?
Well, you could have confined yourself to rides that are actually open. Yes, over the last five years the repercussions of a decade of inactivity became so apparent WDW had to respond, albeit in lackluster fashion. What you have there is the MGM update, which was needed for 20 years and was eventually budget cut close to the bone, Iger’s-Ego Land, rides that aren’t open because Disney is dragging out the construction to avoid having to build MORE rides, and some really pathetic content - when you’re listing Sing-Alongs and Awesome Planet, you’re not going to impress many skeptics.

Hcalvert

Now that’s a way to reduce crowds

Edit. Our adopted son at 5 is now really starting to show a lot of traits of autism and in our first trip next April I was going to enquire about the DAS but now I’m nervous too in fear they don’t think it’s legit. I don’t want a permanent ban because of their opinion
From what I understand, you will only be banned if you abuse it (i.e. lie about a disability to receive the DAS), not if you ask and are denied. Just look the FAQ and they said they are updating their "Guide for guests with cognitive disabilities" section soon. As you are most likely aware, Autism is a spectrum and accomodations are different for each person based on their individual needs and area of the spectrum. My oldest son is Autistic (Aspergers before they got rid of that) and my youngest is going through the diagnosis stage now. Both have no problems standing in line, which is the disqualifier for DAS. However, I personally have a DAS for my knees and not being able to stand for long period of times or use stairs. I also have accomodations at my job for the same medical issue.

Last edited:

PizzaPlanet

- I still feel weird about the whole thing. I can't explain it, there's just a bit of a buzzkill (in this case 'magickill') feel to the whole thing. I was feeling high on Disney last year, now I'm still 'meh' on Disney.
I know what you mean. I should be excited for my next trip but instead I'm dreading the process of planning around these ridiculous new money grabs.

DisneyDodo

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but it appears from the video that Space Mountain will be one of the "Tier 1" (i.e. not included with Genie+) attractions

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 8.35.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 8.35.44 PM.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 87

Waters Back Side

That’s the thing. You’re assuming another pass will be available in 90 minutes. And that the Lightning Pass system will allow you to hold more than one pass, as long as 90 minutes has passed.

Yes. However I'd have to assume one of them would be available. Even if I'm going the busiest week. Dec. 27th I'll be in HS...I will line up my day as follows right out of bed..

7am I'd grab Smuggler with my Genie+ purchase of 15 dollars. Being that they said prices will range between $4 and $24 based on availability/time of year for my non genie headliner I'll assume I have to pay $24 per person for Slinky.

So right there I just paid $120 for my party of 5to ride Slinky and $75 for Genie+ which allowed for a 7am choice of Smugglers. So I'm set back $195 and I'm only guaranteed 2 rides..granted both as opposed to one was a headliner or (tier 1 as its called) with FP+. I basically paid $40 dollars per person for those two rides.

Now I wait 90 minutes after I go on Smugglers (whatever time I am assigned). I'd have to assume ONE of RNRC, TOT, TSMM, MMRR would be available. The latter being more unlikely.

If I was able to grab one of them and ride that and did not try again after that 90 minutes later I basically got 3 rides...Smugglers, Slinky and RNRC for 200 dollars. That seems bad until you really think about it..with FP+ I'd get ONE of Slinky or Smugglers, then RNRC and another one of the tier 2s (in which MMRR does not fall into that cstegory). To me it seems like I basically paid 40 extra dollars per person to get 2 rides that used to be considered headliners. This again assumes a ride is available to choose for Lightning Pass once I am done with the first choice I make st 7am. I'd have to think there will be. Even during the busiest week of the year I'd have to think I'll be able to grab one. It might not be until much later in the day but I'm sure itll be available.

Last edited:

Jrb1979

This is my last Disney trip ever. I don't really care if they raise it after this. I know that sounds selfish of me but I'm only going to Disney this time for one reason and one reason only. After this trip I'm done.
But they are giving you all wanted

TimeTrip

"Annual Passholders will be able to add Disney Genie+ on the day of use."

Here's hoping that they kept the wording vague to allow the possibility of limited comp genie+ for aps. E.g. 15 days/year for platinum plus, 10 days/yr for platinum, etc... Once you use up the comp ones, then it's buy for $15...

Trauma

So who is this good for besides Disney?

Let’s say your in the money is no object crowd.

If I’m understanding this correctly you can only ride 2 headliners a day?

Whats the point of park hoppers at all?

You show up ride a couple rides and go back to your room?

Am I missing something here?

DisneyDodo

Yes. However I'd have to assume one of them would be available. Even if I'm going the busiest week. Dec. 27th I'll be in HS...I will line up my day as follows right out of bed..

7am I'd grab Smuggler with my Genie+ purchase of 15 dollars. Being that they said prices will range between $4 and $24 based on availability/time of year for my non genie headliner I'll assume I have to pay $24 per person for Slinky.

So right there I just paid $120 for my party of 6 to ride Slinky and $75 for Genie+ which allowed for a 7am choice of Smugglers. So I'm set back $195 and I'm only guaranteed 2 rides..granted both as opposed to one was a headliner or (tier 1 as its called) with FP+. I basically paid $40 dollars per person for those two rides.

Now I wait 90 minutes after I go on Smugglers (whatever time I am assigned). I'd have to assume ONE of RNRC, TOT, TSMM, MMRR would be available. The latter being more unlikely.

If I was able to grab one of them and ride that and did not try again after that 90 minutes later I basically got 3 rides...Smugglers, Slinky and RNRC for 200 dollars. That seems bad until you really think about it..with FP+ I'd get ONE of Slinky or Smugglers, then RNRC and another one of the tier 2s (in which MMRR does not fall into that cstegory). To me it seems like I basically paid 40 extra dollars per person to get 2 rides that used to be considered headliners. This again assumes a ride is available to choose for Lightning Pass once I am done with the first choice I make st 7am. I'd have to think there will be. Even during the busiest week of the year I'd have to think I'll be able to grab one. It might not be until much later in the day but I'm sure itll be available.
Do we know that MMRR won't be in the Lightning Lane individual purchase category? (Or any of the other attractions you mentioned)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom