Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

sWANNISAX

This whole thing is blatant money grab. Is 15 dollars reasonable I don't think we will know that until we can see what rides are in Tier 1 and 2 and how long the stand by queues are. Also how many times you can make that Tier 2 selection in a day. If it pushes you further and further between rides it may be of no benefit at all or you may be running all over the park doing what the genie recommends in order to use fast pass.

The language with the DAS provisions is disturbing as someone who has used the service. My disability isn't visibly apparent but it does make long lines incredibly challenging especially when traveling alone. If I apply for DAS and have my interview but they say I no longer qualify does that mean I'm lying to them? Are they going to revoke my annual pass? I get the language is designed to make people think twice but it also is very unclear. They can't ask too many questions under HIPPA and they won't even accept a doctors note if you bring it. So how do they determine who is abusing the system and who actually needs it?

BaconPancakes

This whole thing is blatant money grab. Is 15 dollars reasonable I don't think we will know that until we can see what rides are in Tier 1 and 2 and how long the stand by queues are. Also how many times you can make that Tier 2 selection in a day. If it pushes you further and further between rides it may be of no benefit at all or you may be running all over the park doing what the genie recommends in order to use fast pass.

The language with the DAS provisions is disturbing as someone who has used the service. My disability isn't visibly apparent but it does make long lines incredibly challenging especially when traveling alone. If I apply for DAS and have my interview but they say I no longer qualify does that mean I'm lying to them? Are they going to revoke my annual pass? I get the language is designed to make people think twice but it also is very unclear. They can't ask too many questions under HIPPA and they won't even accept a doctors note if you bring it. So how do they determine who is abusing the system and who actually needs it?
They aren’t going to tell one soul they don’t qualify. Also hippa doesn’t apply to asking for proof…

GimpYancIent

It's not about guest convenience even though pitched as a convenience / benefit. It's about a clever method to separate the guests from some more $. Oh yea, Always leave them smiling.

Raineman

So, if you don't want to pay anything over your park ticket, and want to hit the major attractions with shorter wait times, this is what you'll have to do:
Rope drop. Make you way as fast as possible to all of the major attractions while the standby lines are fairly short, running from one corner of the park to the other. Around 11:00, take a break. Then, wait in 90-120 minute standby lines the rest of the day for every attraction you want to see. Not really how I want to spend every day at WDW, but I don't feel like shelling out $150+/day on top of the park tickets for a family of four, either.

Patcheslee

It's pretty loony how tickets are effectively double per day at disney world. You can also stay at a ton of affordable places with public transit access and Tokyo in general is one of the best cities in the world. I'm sure for many people it is now cheaper to do there.
Not at 4x the fare costs for us. Trust me, if flights weren't so crazy, I'd be there in a heartbeat (prepandemic that is).

Hcalvert

Check this bit out:

My question is how are they even going to go about proving that someone lied? I thought they cannot ask for medical proof for the disability. This sounds like an empty threat that will stop some who have a moral conscience from attempting to lie and the ones who don't care and don't have any shread of decency, will continue to abuse it anyways.

MurphyJoe

He's answering the "when can you book another tier 2" question too:

Makes sense. So to get the most out of the system, play it like the gone MaxPass: scan into the line, book the next one while waiting. Wonder how many guests daily will wait until after they get off the attraction to book their next one?

brb1006

Lou Mongello is mad at the people who are mad at Genie+ hahahaha….it’s kinda sucking to what the corporate dribble being spilled
Is that on his Twitter? And to be honest, I used to lesson to his WDWRadio Podcast but quickly got tired of it due to him being a bit to positive for my taste. Since then, my prefer Disney (and Disney Theme Parks) podcasts is The Mad Chatters Podcats, Retro WDW, Escape From Vault Disney Tony Goldmark, and The Disney Dish with Jim Hill and Len Testa.

Last edited:

DC0703

Exactly... whether or not the $15 option is something I would consider boils down to what rides are in tiers 1 and 2. If tier two offers only rides like "living with the land" and "journey into imagination" which usually have short-ish lines, then this is not worth it. If stuff like Test Track, Peter Pan, or Navi River Cruise are here, maybe.

DisneyHead123

My takeaways as of right now...

- I don't like it, I might even hate it a little bit, but I hate it much less than I was expecting. So... yaaaay? Disney not introducing convoluted virtual standby pass into the lines (I think) and giving an option that includes almost all attractions was better than I was expecting.

- I still feel weird about the whole thing. I can't explain it, there's just a bit of a buzzkill (in this case 'magickill') feel to the whole thing. I was feeling high on Disney last year, now I'm still 'meh' on Disney.

- I'm not planning on going to Disney for a couple of years at least until my megalomania toddler is older and hopefully able to travel without my blood pressure reaching dangerous levels. I'll see how it plays out. I really will try to keep an open mind. Maybe one day I'll look back at my minor freakout waiting for this thing to be rolled out and laugh. Maybe I'll roll my eyes that I ever wanted to go to Disney as I book a vacation elsewhere. Like I said, I'll let it play out for a bit first.

BaconPancakes

My question is how are they even going to go about proving that someone lied? I thought they cannot ask for medical proof for the disability. This sounds like an empty threat that will stop some who have a moral conscience from attempting to lie and the ones who don't care and don't have any shread of decency, will continue to abuse it anyways.
1629332762113.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom