Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

TQQQ

but... what if you could enjoy your vacation without being on your phone throughout the day worrying about what you may or may not be able to book and when and had some of it planned before you even left your home?

I get there are pros and cons... but I prefer to be less stressed while on vacation
Less stressed for us is not waiting in lines.....Genie+ is 100x better for that vs a paid FP+

nickys

Premium Member
Ummmmm, did you read my post?..............Yes, yes it does............It explains exactly why it ruins it.....

It limits my ride skip selections to one tier 1 ride vs 5 or 6......Who would pay for that?

Not really that hard?
I thought you were saying it ruins the bespoke plans you create using Touring Plans.

If you were just bemoaning FP+ vs G+ then fine.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There is a case to be made that entering at 3pm makes G+ more valuable if you it to its fullest.

If a park opens at 9, by 3pm you'd be booking your 4th LL and just be getting to the park.
Indeed.

If you want to go on *the most rides,* get to the parks early and use G+ for the next available ride every time you tap into a reserved attraction. Keep doing that throughout the day. The downside: the most popular rides book up fast, and so, by the end of the day, your only choices will be C-tier rides.

If you want to get on *the most E-Ticket rides,* grab them as they become available later in the day. And every two hours grab the next one. By mid-afternoon to the evening, you'll be able to 'walk on' top tier rides one after the other. So, you can wait to enter the park later in the day, or, go earlier and just get on line for the C-Ticket rides will lesser wait times.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Why would they bring back a paid FP+ if it was so universally hated?
because they like to keep making things worse

if they just let people book 1 LL and ILL ahead of time (to get around the 7am day of crap) and let people select the times they want for each attraction it would help a little

TQQQ

I think the current complaints about Genie+ mimic the old paper-based Fastpass system: People who pay $10,000 for a room at the Grand Flo still have to wake up at 7 a.m. to get the best choices.
Very Likely......But unlike the problems with FP+, Genie+ can be easily fixed by allowing to pre book that first LL selection in advance while preserving the integrity of it's current function

Fido Chuckwagon

Why would they bring back a paid FP+ if it was so universally hated?
FP+ was not “universally hated,” I don’t know why this keeps getting repeated. It had significantly better GSAT scores than Genie+. Granted, I’m sure most of this is because FP+ was free and Genie+ is not, so what kind of GSAT scores it gets now is anyone’s guess. I agree **paid** FP+ will probably have worse gsat scores than Genie+, but **free** FP+ definitely was better liked.

TQQQ

FP+ was not “universally hated,” I don’t know why this keeps getting repeated. It had significantly better GSAT scores than Genie+. Granted, I’m sure most of this is because FP+ was free and Genie+ is not, so what kind of GSAT scores it gets now is anyone’s guess. I agree **paid** FP+ will probably have worse gsat scores than Genie+, but **free** FP+ definitely was better liked.
Yeah it was. It’s one of the main reasons they got rid of it

TQQQ

Altho i agree with many of your takes i was a fan of FP+ and had plenty of success with it altho ive been many times on here that i was either lying or exaggerating lol
There was no inventory for non resort guests. All the top rides weee gone at the 30 day mark. Getting additional FP+ selections beyond your first 3 was next to impossible. It had very poor results unless you rope dropped. No overlapping of times made it even harder. The only thing it has over Genie+ was it was free.

Genie+ just needs to be tweaked to correct its flaws. I don’t think Disney needs to go as far as they are going to go. Allow pre booking in place of the 7am and buy ILLs and see how that is received.

Splash4eva

There was no inventory for non resort guests. All the top rides weee gone at the 30 day mark. Getting additional FP+ selections beyond your first 3 was next to impossible. It had very poor results unless you rope dropped. No overlapping of times made it even harder. The only thing it has over Genie+ was it was free.

Genie+ just needs to be tweaked to correct its flaws. I don’t think Disney needs to go as far as they are going to go. Allow pre booking in place of the 7am and buy ILLs and see how that is received.
See i have no issue for the resort guest perk and contrary to what people say i had success after the initial 3 and pretty solid attractions as well. Granted i may not be the norm but definitely my experience

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom