Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

TQQQ

It isn't, as was pointed out above. FP+ had solid satisfaction scores overall.

They didn't get rid of it because of guest satisfaction.

The fact that you personally hated it didn't affect Disney's decision making.
I liked FP+. But I think it was flawed. Genie+ has proven that. Tom Brickers post today backs up the fact that FP+ was hated.

Tom Bricker. January 10, 2024

“I’m actually surprised to see so many negative comments about FastPass+ in the comments here. I remember when Genie+ was announced, I was the one telling everyone that FastPass+ was hated by a huge subset of WDW guests–and no one listened (or believed me) then. The thing is, it was popular with the planners–the people who read sites like this–and they overlooked its shortcomings.”

Purduevian

LOL......If it was family i would Len!.........Letting my 3 kids each bring a friend this trip.........staying 4 nights each in 3br BLT and Riviera
We used to buy the 3 additional FP+ selections when we stayed in Grand VIlla or booked Club just to have the option....That $50pp was for 3 more rides but they had no tier restrictions....That was worth it
I think it's possible you do a Disney Vacation very differently from most guests (much differently than me for sure). Disney really should have more than the current 3 paid skip the line systems (G+, VIP, and Golden Oak)

Add a G+ ultimate for people that want a stress-free luxury vacation. For people in Club Level or Grand Villas allow a 1 time LL on all rides on property without return times (Priced similar to the Universal express pass). Pricing would be per day like the $50 extra 3 FP.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think the current complaints about Genie+ mimic the old paper-based Fastpass system: People who pay $10,000 for a room at the Grand Flo still have to wake up at 7 a.m. to get the best choices.
Isn't that what your butler's for?

Or, hey, I heard there are people you can pay to be your off-the-books tour guides for the parks and they'll make all these G+ reservations for you and show you around the park. Lemme find one of their websites!!...

Oh. Nevermind.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Lets alllll be real here. They got rid of it for 1 reason & 1 reason only. They needed to monetize it & they were worried about a pr nightmare charging for the same product. So they put lipstick on a pig tweaked it a little changed its name and bam its now 2.5x the price at its highs from where it began…
Bingo and having and onsite resort guest advantage like FP+ had wasn’t going to sell as many so here we are.

Jrb1979

With FP+ there was attractions available but majority of the time things like Seven Dwarfs rarely were. There was also things like meet and greets, Philharmagic, Dumbo, and It's a Small World that were available but not worth doing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom