Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

TQQQ

So what kind of changes we talking? A note from your medical provider? @wdwmagic
I hope they do enact something. I am a DAS user and I know people take advantage of the system. Only thing is, I wish they would allow as many people that are on your reservation as opposed to 6. My trip in April is 8 and it is useless to me if I can only have 6 of us use it.

lentesta

Premium Member
I hope they do enact something. I am a DAS user and I know people take advantage of the system. Only thing is, I wish they would allow as many people that are on your reservation as opposed to 6. My trip in April is 8 and it is useless to me if I can only have 6 of us use it.

They say it's at the CM's discretion. Ask nicely and I'm sure you'll be fine. Or, you know, throw those two no-good cousins of yours under the bus and ride without them. They know what they did. You ain't gotta spell it out.

TQQQ

They say it's at the CM's discretion. Ask nicely and I'm sure you'll be fine. Or, you know, throw those two no-good cousins of yours under the bus and ride without them. They know what they did. You ain't gotta spell it out.
LOL......If it was family i would Len!.........Letting my 3 kids each bring a friend this trip.........staying 4 nights each in 3br BLT and Riviera

TQQQ

That is very generous of you! Let me know if I can help with anything.
Len........Do you see it as a problem if they go to basically a paid FP+ system?

the issues I see are obviously the same ones they had with FP+........inventory problems, ILL not being part of the group, touring plans messed up if you have to use all advanced selections before booking

TQQQ

This is my concern with the potential new system and how Genie+ works well in HS……
I am going to the park at 3pm………

7am I booked SDD............11am booked TOT……at 1pm I will book MFSR…….3pm I will book MMRR……..Every ride still ha availability right now except SDD and I booked that at 7am………today I will get 6-7 Genie+ rides, including all the headliners

If this were FP+ (or the rumored new Genie+ with Tiers) , I would have got SDD and maybe TSMM and Star Tours and that would be it……….I would not buy Genie+ just to get those

lentesta

Premium Member
Len........Do you see it as a problem if they go to basically a paid FP+ system?

the issues I see are obviously the same ones they had with FP+........inventory problems, ILL not being part of the group, touring plans messed up if you have to use all advanced selections before booking

We kept the old FP+ code around for a reason. It won't be an issue for us.

nickys

Premium Member
I think it ruins all touring plans that dont rope drop
Touring Plans, the website, had this down to a tee during FP+. In contrast, G+ caused some issues - due to the unknown return times.

Inputting known return times makes creating plans pretty straightforward. And the data on availability meant you could input the likely return times for 4th and subsequent FPs.

What makes you think it won’t work? Did you ever use Touring Plans before the introduction of FP+ ?

TQQQ

Touring Plans, the website, had this down to a tee during FP+. In contrast, G+ caused some issues - due to the unknown return times.

Inputting known return times makes creating plans pretty straightforward. And the data on availability meant you could input the likely return times for 4th and subsequent FPs.

What makes you think it won’t work? Did you ever use Touring Plans before the introduction of FP+ ?
Oh yeah I used it before..........My main problem is, we do not go to the park until 3pm every day.........FP+ was terrible for that because by the time i used my 3 FP+ selections (call it 5-6pm time frame) everything else was gone for the rest of the day so I would only get the 1 Tier 1 ride and 2 tier 2 rides....I would never pay for that........Was fine when it was free, but not worth the $ to get on one tier 1 ride

We used to buy the 3 additional FP+ selections when we stayed in Grand VIlla or booked Club just to have the option....That $50pp was for 3 more rides but they had no tier restrictions....That was worth it

With Genie+ now, I can stack all day and have 5 rides booked by the time I get to the park at 3pm and then book even more once im there

I think if Disney implements a paid FP+ system, their Genie+ sales will drop, and not just drop a little, but drop a lot.....Theres zero value in it

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Oh yeah I used it before..........My main problem is, we do not go to the park until 3pm every day.........FP+ was terrible for that because by the time i used my 3 FP+ selections (call it 5-6pm time frame) everything else was gone for the rest of the day so I would only get the 1 Tier 1 ride and 2 tier 2 rides....I would never pay for that........Was fine when it was free, but not worth the $ to get on one tier 1 ride

We used to buy the 3 additional FP+ selections when we stayed in Grand VIlla or booked Club just to have the option....That $50pp was for 3 more rides but they had no tier restrictions....That was worth it

With Genie+ now, I can stack all day and have 5 rides booked by the time I get to the park at 3pm and then book even more once im there
isn't that a pain though... not being able to select your times for the attractions you want later in the day so you have to be on your phone playing the refresh gaming trying to get what you want and when you want multiple times and every 2 hours starting at 7am? That seems like a lot of time and work

nickys

Premium Member
None of that explains why you think that the plans with effectively FP+ will be “ruined” compared to the plans with G+

The known return times will make the plans better, not worse.

As for the rest, having a TP plan is better than not having one IMO. I’ve done plans for an evening at parks. Even knowing the likely wait times help make them valuable.

TQQQ

isn't that a pain though... not being able to select your times for the attractions you want later in the day so you have to be on your phone playing the refresh gaming trying to get what you want and when you want multiple times and every 2 hours starting at 7am?
Its not ideal....But its not as bad as it seems....especially doing it from bed or while hanging at the pool

TQQQ

None of that explains why you think that the plans with effectively FP+ will be “ruined” compared to the plans with G+

The known return times will make the plans better, not worse.

As for the rest, having a TP plan is better than not having one IMO. I’ve done plans for an evening at parks. Even knowing the likely wait times help make them valuable.
Ummmmm, did you read my post?..............Yes, yes it does............It explains exactly why it ruins it.....

It limits my ride skip selections to one tier 1 ride vs 5 or 6......Who would pay for that?

Not really that hard?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Its not ideal....But its not as bad as it seems....especially doing it from bed or while hanging at the pool
but... what if you could enjoy your vacation without being on your phone throughout the day worrying about what you may or may not be able to book and when and had some of it planned before you even left your home?

I get there are pros and cons... but I prefer to be less stressed while on vacation

TQQQ

but... what if you could enjoy your vacation without being on your phone throughout the day worrying about what you may or may not be able to book and when and had some of it planned before you even left your home?

I get there are pros and cons... but I prefer to be less stressed while on vacation
Less stressed for us is not waiting in lines.....Genie+ is 100x better for that vs a paid FP+

nickys

Premium Member
Ummmmm, did you read my post?..............Yes, yes it does............It explains exactly why it ruins it.....

It limits my ride skip selections to one tier 1 ride vs 5 or 6......Who would pay for that?

Not really that hard?
I thought you were saying it ruins the bespoke plans you create using Touring Plans.

If you were just bemoaning FP+ vs G+ then fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom