Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

flyerjab

This definitely used to be true, and I'll say that MK is definitely lower on party days than normal, but it's not half or less like it used to be. Now by noon or so it feels like normal crowds. However, if you have park hopper and genie you can do quite well early on.
I will say, and I hate that I am posting this, that my wife and I went to MK on the day of a party. We purchased Genie+, and along with a ILL for 7DMT, literally went on every ride before 2:00. It was pretty awesome I have to admit, which makes me a hypocrite lol. I have come on here and complained about Genie+ in the past, but my wife and I still use it. Depending on which park and at what time of year we may not, but at MK and DHS we definitely will.

I was a FP+ fan. We always enjoyed planning ahead with that option. We are DVC and AP holders so it was always pick your resort, pick your parks, pick your FP+ and your restaurants. It made for a more relaxing experience for us.

Genie+ adds WAY more cost (obviously), more stress, and more time staring at your phone. There isn’t advanced planning anymore (at least not yet), and the getting up at 7 AM stinks for those that aren’t early risers. At times it seems worth it when it is just me and the Mrs. But when the three kids come along forget it. It just becomes too expensive to purchase for everyday of the trip.

Unbanshee

I mean it's better for the consumer if all rides are still available around 10am still... However I thought RAT and Slinky almost always sold out by 7:10am. I'm surprised to see it still there. As I'm checking now ~9:50am the RAT and Slinky are both now sold out. Maybe I was just lucky 5 minutes ago to see them?

Looks like reliable availability was gone early, with some spotty availability thereafter

TheMaxRebo

I will say, and I hate that I am posting this, that my wife and I went to MK on the day of a party. We purchased Genie+, and along with a ILL for 7DMT, literally went on every ride before 2:00. It was pretty awesome I have to admit, which makes me a hypocrite lol. I have come on here and complained about Genie+ in the past, but my wife and I still use it. Depending on which park and at what time of year we may not, but at MK and DHS we definitely will.

I was a FP+ fan. We always enjoyed planning ahead with that option. We are DVC and AP holders so it was always pick your resort, pick your parks, pick your FP+ and your restaurants. It made for a more relaxing experience for us.

Genie+ adds WAY more cost (obviously), more stress, and more time staring at your phone. There isn’t advanced planning anymore (at least not yet), and the getting up at 7 AM stinks for those that aren’t early risers. At times it seems worth it when it is just me and the Mrs. But when the three kids come along forget it. It just becomes too expensive to purchase for everyday of the trip.

I think you can recognize the effectiveness of the product and still not like it - that is really my view. We've always done very well as far as getting on the number of rides - and rides we want/higher tier rides - when we have used Genie+, so it "works", but also found I was on my phone more and just using more of my mental capacity to keep track of rolling availability and basically doing day-of project management. Plus the cost of course

vs FP+ where you would do project planning ahead of time and have your 3 selections done and the day sort of set up around those and then day-of was more just executing.

Overall found it much harder to stop and smell the roses/take a "vacation within the vacation" with Genie+, but found it more effective for getting on the rides we wanted

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I think you can recognize the effectiveness of the product and still not like it - that is really my view. We've always done very well as far as getting on the number of rides - and rides we want/higher tier rides - when we have used Genie+, so it "works", but also found I was on my phone more and just using more of my mental capacity to keep track of rolling availability and basically doing day-of project management. Plus the cost of course

vs FP+ where you would do project planning ahead of time and have your 3 selections done and the day sort of set up around those and then day-of was more just executing.

Overall found it much harder to stop and smell the roses/take a "vacation within the vacation" with Genie+, but found it more effective for getting on the rides we wanted

All the talk of this being “optional” from the start has been kinda foolish…

They can’t manage the crowd at all without a system…and this IS the system

It’s leading us where we were always destined to go. Like Spartacus.

Splash4eva

Nobody said “no” in the roarin 2010s…

Shepard Bob lead us all to so much magic while no capacity was added.

And here we are
What makes no sense is this. Yes they were greedy with the lack of capacity but its been a solid what 4 years now that this has been a real issue (dont wanna hear covid as an excuse) and they have done really nothing to truly expand these park capacities. No night parade still and even if ground was broken today we are years away from anything significant.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What makes no sense is this. Yes they were greedy with the lack of capacity but its been a solid what 4 years now that this has been a real issue (dont wanna hear covid as an excuse) and they have done really nothing to truly expand these park capacities. No night parade still and even if ground was broken today we are years away from anything significant.
It’s as simple as they believe nobody will say no - that began to be proven false this year - and they believe that misery will drive sales because no one can say no.

It’s all Iger…chapek was the mouthpiece and the scapegoat. Eyes wide open, people.

So they had a 5-10% drop in attendance in Orlando this year with no travel restrictions and no economic slowing…shedding D+ subs…and bombed 10 out of 11 movies released…

Charge $100 for genie…have at it

For Peter Pan

Last edited:

flyerjab

All the talk of this being “optional” from the start has been kinda foolish…

They can’t manage the crowd at all without a system…and this IS the system

It’s leading us where we were always destined to go. Like Spartacus.
Truth. It may certainly be an option…for those with copious amounts of disposable income.

Had we tried to go on rides that day I mentioned without Genie+ we never would have gone on as many rides. Some may argue that this is the perceived value. I would disagree. Had they added attractions, shows to each land while improving what they always have maybe they would have an argument. But none of that happened. Instead, they took what they have and applied an arbitrary, newly perceived value. It might add enjoyment for those that can afford it; however, there is a definite negative impact to a large number of guests, something they don’t effectively speak to. What do they get? The standard Genie service that is very unreliable.

Back when Staggs was overseeing the parks, FP+ was at least seen as a reward for those paying to stay on property. There is no more brand loyalty from this company. We are basically stone that they keep trying to wring more blood out of.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Truth. It may certainly be an option…for those with copious amounts of disposable income.

Had we tried to go on rides that day I mentioned without Genie+ we never would have gone on as many rides. Some may argue that this is the perceived value. I would disagree. Had they added attractions, shows to each land while improving what they always have maybe they would have an argument. But none of that happened. Instead, they took what they have and applied an arbitrary, newly perceived value. It might add enjoyment for those that can afford it; however, there is a definite negative impact to a large number of guests, something they don’t effectively speak to. What do they get? The standard Genie service that is very unreliable.

Back when Staggs was overseeing the parks, FP+ was at least seen as a reward for those paying to stay on property. There is no more brand loyalty from this company. We are basically stone that they keep trying to wring more blood out of.
Truth

Stone cold

3:16

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But that’s the blue ocean

“We do what we want because there is no alternative”

That’s legit how the sweatered ferret operates

And the fact that attendance is down at all this year means he’s legitimately, permanently failed

The brand is being rejected and That isn’t possible under the theory

It’s as stupid as trickle down

Splash4eva

And the fact that attendance is down at all this year means he’s legitimately, permanently failed

I have commented about this in the past. To me Iger was always overrated and never understood Wall St love for him. Even now how he has survived is beyond baffling to me. How he is this arrogant where he refuses to add lands that will literally print money is beyond me. Fyi Bob. People will still pay for your Genie product no matter what and whatever revenue you need to generate you will be able to easily get that daily…

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

1703266345894.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have commented about this in the past. To me Iger was always overrated and never understood Wall St love for him. Even now how he has survived is beyond baffling to me. How he is this arrogant where he refuses to add lands that will literally print money is beyond me. Fyi Bob. People will still pay for your Genie product no matter what and whatever revenue you need to generate you will be able to easily get that daily…
He’s only survived because he had his own board appointed…

Which is why Peltz is after him. Investors only like the cult of personality IF it leads to obscene gains and the knives are out.

Oh look…the stock is BELOW the chapek line again…couldn’t see that one coming?

Their numbers aren’t good and it’s IGER’s numbers. Make no mistake

So Investors who have had that stock for 13 months have gained nothing and Bob promised them it was artificially low.

He’d be ousted if not for the shill board yesterday

Last edited:

Splash4eva

He’s only survived because he had his own board appointed…

Which is why Peltz is after him. Investors only like the cult of personality IF it leads to obscene gains and the knives are out.

Oh look…the stock is BELOW the chapek line again…couldn’t see that one coming?

Their numbers aren’t good and it’s IGER’s numbers. Make no mistake

Once

Investors who have had that stock for 13 months have gained nothing and Bob promised them it was artificially low.

He’d be ousted if not did the shill board yesterday
Unless my bberg just let me down 8/2014 stock was trading at 90 call it. So thats 9 years of one of the biggest bull markets of basically no gains sans the dividends you collected. Again. How has he survived even with a shill board at his feet

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Unless my bberg just let me down 8/2014 stock was trading at 90 call it. So thats 9 years of one of the biggest bull markets of basically no gains sans the dividends you collected. Again. How has he survived even with a shill board at his feet
And Disney is widely held…but specifically by funds that value stability and moderate growth

The California public employees retirement fund being a big one

Moderate growth isn’t met with $0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom