Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

SamusAranX

They can’t get rid of Genie+ as:

1. They are still desperately needing to play music chairs with capacity being not enough
2. Once you start making money hand over fist with something, taking it away would enrage the shareholders

I would prefer a system like Universal’s but I don’t know if that will happen

TQQQ

They are just going to randomly drop this next week or announcing next week when pre booking will start?

The 2 things that stink about tiers:

1) having to use all of your LL passes before being able to book another one (like FP+)

2) inventory drain so you cannot access more than one Tier 1 ride.

I do not think either of these will be an issue with the new tier system. I think resort guests will be able to book as follows:

1) One Tier 1 ride
2) One Tier 2 ride
3) Buy one ILL

These changes do not change how Genie+ works right now. I think Tiers will only be implemented for pre booking and not day of booking so day guests will be able to book your first ride at 7am (just like it is currently), another ride 2 hours after park open or expiration of one of ur rides. There will also not be a drain on inventory since not all resort guest will buy genie+ (as opposed to all of them having access to FP+).

So tiers might end up actually being a real nice benefit to resort guests to eliminate getting up early while leaving inventory for day guests.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Disney will never let a good change to raise prices slip past them
High likelihood of Bob’s Money Vacuum being used, aka. quick price bumps to take in more Genie- and LL money, this week and next week. Have to think of others and not ourselves - There are millions of institutional shareholders depending on that $.30/share dividend, plus Bob’s seat is hot. 😂

Ayla

High likelihood of Bob’s Money Vacuum being used, aka. quick price bumps to take in more Genie- and LL money, this week and next week. Have to think of others and not ourselves - There are millions of institutional shareholders depending on that $.30/share dividend, plus Bob’s seat is hot. 😂
Genie will definitely hit the $35 per person mark again into the next 2 weeks.

WDWFREAK53

So it says that the ILL for Rise of the Resistance is $25.
Do we know if any of this money goes directly to the upkeep of the attraction that is bringing in the money?
I'd almost use it as a sponsorship where the paying customers are showing their love for it so it should stay allocated to that attraction.

Good way to earn some dough for maintenance and upkeep.

Same can be done for Genie+. They know which attractions are getting the most selections, so that Genie+ money should be extra money allocated (by percentage) to the attractions being selected.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Do we know if any of this money goes directly to the upkeep of the attraction that is bringing in the money?
I'd almost use it as a sponsorship where the paying customers are showing their love for it so it should stay allocated to that attraction.

Same can be done for Genie+. They know which attractions are getting the most selections, so that Genie+ money should be extra money allocated (by percentage) to the attractions being selected.
Serious answer: As far as anyone around here is aware, no, the money goes into the big pot of WDW revenue.

Initial, not-serious reaction:

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

It’s goes to Iger’s yacht enhancements

TheMaxRebo

no we don't - though they generally look at the Return on Investment of an attraction ... so the more return provided (either by bringing people into the park or via G+/ILL) one would think more would go to keeping the ride running

BUT there is a counter motivation in that they can't "afford" to take the ride down as they lose the ILL income so they sort of do bare minimum to keep it going but won't take it down for 6 months or whatever it needs to really fix it until the poor operating conditions negatively impact ILL demand

TQQQ

So… did this drop this week? Must have missed it. Seriously though, does anyone know when this is actually coming?
Disappointingly, No it did not......They did release rules for VQ with the new (actually old) park hoping hours and cast member rules......Not sure why this has not come out yet

JD80

I just got done with back to back MK days. Monday with a full non party day and then yesterday with a party ticket. I would never recommend anyone go to MK on a non party day during the party seasons.

It's a better value to buy a party ticket and/or buy hoppers to go to MK on party days and hop somewhere else.

Monday was bad.

pdude81

I just got done with back to back MK days. Monday with a full non party day and then yesterday with a party ticket. I would never recommend anyone go to MK on a non party day during the party seasons.

It's a better value to buy a party ticket and/or buy hoppers to go to MK on party days and hop somewhere else.

Monday was bad.
Monday is always bad at MK for some reason. I can only imagine how jacked it is lately when they have parties on a Sunday night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom