Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Genie+ at Magic Kingdom has sold out for the day and with that, the multiple parks option is no longer available.

View attachment 759644
cat GIF

Oops all Sold Out! Must be unprecedented demand.

Splash4eva

I just got done with back to back MK days. Monday with a full non party day and then yesterday with a party ticket. I would never recommend anyone go to MK on a non party day during the party seasons.

It's a better value to buy a party ticket and/or buy hoppers to go to MK on party days and hop somewhere else.

Monday was bad.
During Halloween & Christmas party season ive noticed quite easily that on party nights the last 3 years the MK is basically on the “emptier” side as people do not want to waste their tickets on a day with even less hours. You can probably get more done on days like that especially with Genie than you could on a full day at MK on non party nights and if you are attending the party and already in the parks its even more beneficial.

TheMaxRebo

I wonder if that might be because (and I am just guessing here) a lot of people heading to Disney arrive on a Sunday and do other things for that half day and then go to the "flagship park" for their first day on Mondays?

That is definitely part of it - and then throw in it was only one of two days this week that didn't have a party (and thus 50% of the opportunity to see HEA) and it gets packed

Purduevian

During Halloween & Christmas party season ive noticed quite easily that on party nights the last 3 years the MK is basically on the “emptier” side as people do not want to waste their tickets on a day with even less hours. You can probably get more done on days like that especially with Genie than you could on a full day at MK on non party nights and if you are attending the party and already in the parks its even more beneficial.
100% we went to MK on a party day and most things other than Pan and JC were under a 15-20 minute wait (we used G+ for a few things but would have been fine without it). We then hopped to MK 2 days later on a non-party night and Buzz had a 70 min wait and our LL still took 15 minutes to get on.

pdude81

This definitely used to be true, and I'll say that MK is definitely lower on party days than normal, but it's not half or less like it used to be. Now by noon or so it feels like normal crowds. However, if you have park hopper and genie you can do quite well early on.

Purduevian

Isn't that the point?
I mean it's better for the consumer if all rides are still available around 10am still... However I thought RAT and Slinky almost always sold out by 7:10am. I'm surprised to see it still there. As I'm checking now ~9:50am the RAT and Slinky are both now sold out. Maybe I was just lucky 5 minutes ago to see them?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom