Lighthouse Point to welcome guests in Summer 2024

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
There were differences between the Fantasy and Dream so I expect a number of things. For example, I imagine at least one restaurant experience will be different. And probably some sort of adjustment to the pool options. And the flex space unlikely to include the incredibles thing but rather something different.

Will the layout change? Not likely. Will the adult area be significantly up-sized? Not likely. Will there be more regular retail and fewer bars? Not likely. Will things feel less narrow? Not likely.

IMHO, there are design-level flaws on these new ships and there's no way the Treasure fixes all the wrongs I and others have with the Wish.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
IMHO, there are design-level flaws on these new ships and there's no way the Treasure fixes all the wrongs I and others have with the Wish.
Eh, a few changes can go a long way to enhancing the experience.
Will there be more regular retail and fewer bars? Not likely.
Good. Also, how you going to ask for this and then ask for increasing the adult space at the same time? :hilarious: And they were able to expand the usable adjust space between the Dream and Fantasy (originally, until the Dream got some updates).

mlayton144

I don’t see any reason why spaces couldn’t be reconfigured, even dramatically , once the wish feedback was received. Take down a wall here and there , move a hallway , repurpose different spaces , the treasure isn’t that far along so there is opportunity there. The promenade deck may be an exception

mlayton144

Eh, a few changes can go a long way to enhancing the experience.

Good. Also, how you going to ask for this and then ask for increasing the adult space at the same time? :hilarious: And they were able to expand the usable adjust space between the Dream and Fantasy (originally, until the Dream got some updates).

One more - I hate the wish atrium mainly from an aesthetic point of view - too princess like and the multi story curtains are tacky for an otherwise beautiful space - this is all easily changed

ToTBellHop

One more - I hate the wish atrium mainly from an aesthetic point of view - too princess like and the multi story curtains are tacky for an otherwise beautiful space - this is all easily changed
I thought it was gorgeous at Christmas. All of the gold decor was different from what is offered elsewhere and truly regal.

The gingerbread “house” was oddly phoned in. Not sure what happened there.

Joe

I'm only visiting this planet.
Premium Member
There will be a DVC-exclusive sailing of the Magic in June. 5 nights, with stops at Lighthouse Point, Castaway Cay, and then  another stop at Lighthouse Point. They're classifying this as a Concierge Collection trip rather than a DVC Member Cruise, so none of the usual gifts or entertainment that members usually get on a Member Cruise.
Two questions about this sailing. 1--can a DVC member who bought direct use cash for the cruise or must a portion of the cruise be paid with points? 2--can a DVC member who bought direct use points from a resale contract? There was a similar DVC exclusive cruise on the Wish last year but I don't remember the booking details.

Chip Chipperson

Two questions about this sailing. 1--can a DVC member who bought direct use cash for the cruise or must a portion of the cruise be paid with points? 2--can a DVC member who bought direct use points from a resale contract? There was a similar DVC exclusive cruise on the Wish last year but I don't remember the booking details.

They haven't announced any booking details yet other than the dates, June 14-19. I would think that they wouldn't care about direct vs. resale for a cruise (except maybe Riviera resale?), but that's just a guess on my part.

jme

1694795457008.png

Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point is now the official name for this new destination.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here's a look at new costumes for Mickey and Minnie whenever they visit Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point.

locmamnof37597597487381.jpg

Here's a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the costumes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom