Lighthouse Point to welcome guests in Summer 2024

SplashJacket

I'm looking forward to Lightouse point more now... Castaway has always seemed a bit overrated to me (I first visited 2019 or so) and whilst the principles seems quite copy and paste I think I am going to like the 'authentic' design more than Castaway and also it seems like there are more activities to do (the cultural centre etc.) than their is on Castaway. I do wonder how long this will all last but hopefully it is part of the deal with the island that they have to have some level of cultural exchange.

I've always got the tram to the adult area of Castaway so having to get one doesn't bother me. Never really had to wait or don't mind walking if necessary.

I think the only miss is the lack of the adventure course/area that was on the original plans. I thought that would have been another thing to differentiate from Castaway and also appeal to me. I would say it could happen as a Phase 2 but we know those never happen.
I also think Castaway is overrated, not because I don’t love it, I do, but because at the end of the day it’s just an island in a tropical paradise. There’s nothing inherently Disney about it. It feels authentic, which might just be the Disney touch, but I don’t see why another line couldn’t replicate it.

I agree for Lighthouse. I don’t want a Castaway v2, but also don’t want a Cocoa Cay. Something in between would be nice.

DCLcruiser

I also think Castaway is overrated, not because I don’t love it, I do, but because at the end of the day it’s just an island in a tropical paradise. There’s nothing inherently Disney about it. It feels authentic, which might just be the Disney touch, but I don’t see why another line couldn’t replicate it.

I agree for Lighthouse. I don’t want a Castaway v2, but also don’t want a Cocoa Cay. Something in between would be nice.
For us, CC is relaxing and fun. It's an escape from the cruise. It's minimally built-up with just enough Disney magic.

I am hoping that LP is similar, but new.

The Colonel

I booked the six night triple dip on The Fantasy in October. Sail Away, CC, LP, Nassau, CC, Sea Day, Port C. And I have the huge middle aft veranda cabin on deck 7.

After the Wish, looking forward to get back on the Fantasy.

Sad they did away with Ribeyes on CC. The Bobs strike again.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I booked the six night triple dip on The Fantasy in October. Sail Away, CC, LP, Nassau, CC, Sea Day, Port C. And I have the huge middle aft veranda cabin on deck 7.

After the Wish, looking forward to get back on the Fantasy.

Sad they did away with Ribeyes on CC. The Bobs strike again.
Wait, what? When did they get rid of the ribeye's? :mad:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Last time I was at CC Nov 2022 I was told they are not doing ribeyes anymore. I hope someone can tell me they are back.
Dang. They were still there in March 2023 from what I remember. I'll ask my wife but I'm pretty sure we each had one. But it would not shock me if DCL took them away for "cost savings". :rolleyes:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thomas Mazloum shared these photos from the gathering held today to celebrate the completion of Disney Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point.

Here's what Thomas had to say:

For years, our teams at Disney Cruise Line and Walt Disney Imagineering have collaborated with the incredible community in The Bahamas to bring our second island destination to life. And today, we gathered alongside government officials and local leaders to celebrate the completion of Disney Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point!

We cannot wait to welcome guests to the island when the Disney Magic arrives for the very first time next week!

Congratulations to all who made this dream a reality.

1717102534937.jpeg
1717102536244.jpeg
1717102532432.jpeg

SplashJacket

Thomas Mazloum shared these photos from the gathering held today to celebrate the completion of Disney Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point.

Here's what Thomas had to say:

For years, our teams at Disney Cruise Line and Walt Disney Imagineering have collaborated with the incredible community in The Bahamas to bring our second island destination to life. And today, we gathered alongside government officials and local leaders to celebrate the completion of Disney Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point!

We cannot wait to welcome guests to the island when the Disney Magic arrives for the very first time next week!

Congratulations to all who made this dream a reality.

View attachment 788523View attachment 788524View attachment 788525
Immediate too early, rash, uninformed reaction is it needs more shade/tall palms.

Chip Chipperson

The Magic docked this AM. I'm already "meh" about it because the dock is LONG to get to the island vs Castaway Cay.
Yeah. I wonder if there will be a tram from the dock. If not, that's a stupid decision. That's a long walk and will turn off a lot of guests. The Guest Satisfaction Surveys at the end of the cruise will be flooded with complaints about that walk to and from the ship in the hot sun.

Chip Chipperson

It’s like an 11-15 minutes to walk… is that really too much for people?

….

Imagine that walk back with exhausted kids. Or anyone who is just hot and tired. Or when a sudden rain storm moves in. Or someone who isn't able to walk as fast as an average person. For something being built from scratch, it is a puzzling oversight or budget cut. They can't let the "We can pinch a few pennies at the expense of guest satisfaction" attitude seep into the cruise line. The "new island smell" will wear off eventually and people will remember the negatives when deciding whether and where to book their next cruise.

DCLcruiser

Imagine that walk back with exhausted kids. Or anyone who is just hot and tired. Or when a sudden rain storm moves in. Or someone who isn't able to walk as fast as an average person. For something being built from scratch, it is a puzzling oversight or budget cut. They can't let the "We can pinch a few pennies at the expense of guest satisfaction" attitude seep into the cruise line. The "new island smell" will wear off eventually and people will remember the negatives when deciding whether and where to book their next cruise.
They probably had to have the dock be that long due to the depth of the seabed. The farther you go, the less dredging is required, and the less impact on nature. So, I get it. I just assumed that they would provide trams. I am sure we would just walk, but I've also never gone with kids and their beach-gear.

DisneyHead123

They probably had to have the dock be that long due to the depth of the seabed. The farther you go, the less dredging is required, and the less impact on nature. So, I get it. I just assumed that they would provide trams. I am sure we would just walk, but I've also never gone with kids and their beach-gear.
I was going to say, it probably lessens the impact of emissions on the island as well.

Disney Analyst

The dock further out is likely far better for the island and ecosystem itself, many will be able to handle the walk. Those who can’t will likely be accommodated.

All will be okay!

But what’s not okay is that I could not afford these…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom