Liberty Tree Tavern or Tony's Town Square?

66Stella

Original Poster
Hi everyone. I was hoping for some opinions as we are going the second week in May and I really need to make my ADRs; not sure which place is better. We are planning on spending the day at MK and staying for the fireworks and we are tossed between these two restaurants. Any input would be greatly appreciated:D

mousebymarriage

Liberty Tree Tavern is a character meal that features, Minnie, goofy, chip & Dale. It is a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner served family style (platters of food are brought to the table and you serve yourself from those and they are refilled as needed). The food served is: salad, biscuits & dinner rolls, turkey, ham, flank steak, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, stuffing, gravy, seasonal vegetable and apple cobbler with ice cream for dessert.
My family loves Liberty Tree Tavern, the food is good and the characters are great.
Tony's Town Square is not a character meal and it is an italian restaurant, the food is o.k. and the service can be hit or miss.
* I vote for the Liberty Tree Tavern:slurp:

mouselvrmom

I personally would choose the liberty tree tavern. We love it there! The food is good and we love the characters. It has a very warm homey feel to it.

I was unimpressed with tony's on our last trip so it may be awhile before we try it again.

KDAC

I would go with Liberty Tree Tavern. The food there is good. I can not say the same for Tony's Town Square. We have eaten at Tony's 3 times and did not enjoyed it.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Ate at Liberty Tree on my trip in January. I had some delicious food and it was priced reasonably for Disney. Another vote for that. :wave:

DisneyGigi

I vote Liberty Tree Tavern, great food, great service and fun!
I have been to Tony's twice and the food was okay but the service was not good either time. It is also small and very loud.

hansel1

Just an FYI about disney's cobbler:

At most of the sit down establishments including Liberty tree tavern, the cobbler is an oatmeal based breading, not a pie crust.

If you have ever had the cobbler at OUTBACK steakhouse, they are almost identical. (oatmeal instead of piecrust).

Back to the topic: I vote for liberty tree tavern. The food is good and well priced.

I don't know how you can mess up pasta, but tony's does it. I won't eat there again.

coltow

Liberty Tree Tavern, great atmosphere, good food and fun characters.

Tony's is ok, food nothing great and neither is astmosphere or service, it's just someplace to eat if you are dead set against eating with characters.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Liberty Tree is our favorite restaurant in the MK.
As we are not much for character meals, we now usually do it for a late lunch, although from what I've heard, the character dinner is one of the more low key character events.

Tony's seems to be much more crowded, and while we've had nice meals there, with the new shrunken menu, the choices are pretty restricted.
Just seems to be a more quiet, less rushed atmosphere at Liberty Tree.

disney21

LIBERTY TREE TAVERN without question. the food there is great and its location within the park is a lot better than Tony's (*in my opinion)...

RussJT

I have never eaten at Tony's. We really like Liberty Tree Tavern and will be eating there again in early April.

I'm sure you can figure out my vote.

Nemo14

Another vote for LTT - and I'd recommend a late lunch there too if you're not into the whole character thing.

joanna71985

Hi everyone. I was hoping for some opinions as we are going the second week in May and I really need to make my ADRs; not sure which place is better. We are planning on spending the day at MK and staying for the fireworks and we are tossed between these two restaurants. Any input would be greatly appreciated:D

Definitely LTT. I have to eat there at least once every trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom