Liberty Tree Tavern closing in July for near 5 month refurbishment.

tigger1968

Obviously with this still being months away there's plenty of time to speculate, but I agree that it's most likely a renovation of the kitchen as well as ADA upgrades, or even a complete redo of the entire restaurant. A new kitchen could take up a smaller space ( or bigger, depending on what they do ) which could lead to a change in the layout of the building to perhaps increase capacity. With as much time as they have blocked out for this they can literally gut the place to the bare walls if they want. I hope that isn't the case, but there's got to be a lot of work planned for them to announce this much down time for the restaurant.

Nubs70

I would also surmise that any renovation must also include some extensive asbestos abatement. Not something that one simply does during overnight shifts.

Sped2424

Since this location backs to the Adventureland Veranda, I assume this has to do with the shared kitchen. After this refurb, expect the Adventureland Veranda space to be used again for something constructive.
I wonder if they wanna try and create a bog type level themed restaurant in that space. Adventureland needs something new and that could be great for the spot. As being used for a meet and greet was so lame.

doctornick

I wonder if they wanna try and create a bog type level themed restaurant in that space. Adventureland needs something new and that could be great for the spot. As being used for a meet and greet was so lame.

Alternatively, there was talk of having some sort of "Club 33" in WDW and using the Adventureland Veranda for that purpose might makes some sense.

I'd prefer it be opened for general use, however. MK could use additional dining options.

Disneydreamer23

Awe, this was my daughters favorite she never eats any where but was beastly here! I love the food . Looks like I am going to miss it this time :(

Kman101

Hopefully Adventureland Veranda is open for all guests, not just a Club 33 type restaurant, although that wouldn't surprise me. At least it would be used but MK desperately needs more eating places open.

Very interesting that Liberty Tree Tavern is going down for a whopping five months. That's quite a long time. Probably needs a total refresh. Not saying change the inside completely but I'm sure the kitchen and certain things desperately need to be replaced/updated.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Hopefully Adventureland Veranda is open for all guests, not just a Club 33 type restaurant, although that wouldn't surprise me. At least it would be used but MK desperately needs more eating places open.

Very interesting that Liberty Tree Tavern is going down for a whopping five months. That's quite a long time. Probably needs a total refresh. Not saying change the inside completely but I'm sure the kitchen and certain things desperately need to be replaced/updated.

Do you need a complete refurb of the kitchen when the menu serves the same half dozen items to every customer, every day. As it has been doing since forever?

It has to be because of ADA, nothing in that space is accessible. Maybe also installing an elevator? That would take a chunk of time to do.

tigger1968

Do you need a complete refurb of the kitchen when the menu serves the same half dozen items to every customer, every day. As it has been doing since forever?

It has to be because of ADA, nothing in that space is accessible. Maybe also installing an elevator? That would take a chunk of time to do.

If it's the original kitchen from the 1970s then yes. I would suspect it's woefully inefficient at this point. Plus with all the rumors getting kicked around about something possibly happening with the Veranda side, it could be a plan to get the kitchen up to speed to handle two facilities.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom