Liberty Tree Tavern closing in July for near 5 month refurbishment.

Next Big Thing

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the reason for such a long refurb could be involving the Adventureland Veranda. I'm pretty sure Liberty Tree and the Veranda share facilities, correct? So if they are actually thinking of doing something of significance with the Veranda building again, this may be needed to get things underway.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the reason for such a long refurb could be involving the Adventureland Veranda. I'm pretty sure Liberty Tree and the Veranda share facilities, correct? So if they are actually thinking of doing something of significance with the Veranda building again, this may be needed to get things underway.

I keep dropping hints but not everyone seems to be getting them. :)

PhilharMagician

To add a little more info, the Diamond Horseshoe, Adventureland Veranda and Liberty Tree all share the same kitchen space. This kitchen has gone through some minor upgrades over the years to keep up with code and changing out equipment.

I hope that the menu either changes for the LTT or they learn how not to destroy the food they serve. LTT has to have some of the worst food for a table service restaurant in WDW. They do an absolutely horrible job for dinner prepping food with dry turkey and way overcooked beef. Have never been there for the al carte lunch, so that may be better.

Thanks @danlb_2000 ! ;)

Kman101

So basically the work is for Adventureland Veranda and they're going to be using it again? In some restaurant form? Please don't let it be for a Club 33 type. I'd rather have character dining (*groan*) in the Veranda over that. And why do I have a feeling it will involve character dining?

But also how about leaving Tortuga open more often too? The parks are pretty crowded and people are usually sitting there anyway ... And can we do something about the mess that is Aloha Isle?

Two large restaurants in Adventureland closed nearly all of the time was incredibly dumb.

Kman101

So did they finally wake up and realize ... um, we need dining capacity? Or did they also realize the money they're leaving on the table by NOT having all their restaurants open? I just don't think Magic Kingdom needs to have "seasonal" dining places. It's just too busy most of the time.

flyerjab

So did they finally wake up and realize ... um, we need dining capacity? Or did they also realize the money they're leaving on the table by NOT having all their restaurants open? I just don't think Magic Kingdom needs to have "seasonal" dining places. It's just too busy most of the time.

Man do I agree with all of these posts regarding lack of quality dining within WDW's most visited park. I have never been a fan of the selections. We typically leave and go to the monorail resorts for more dining options. At least now BOG was added. Sometimes we also get food cart items and sit in Gaston's Tavern (love that little spot for chilling out).

WDW has to see how successful an upgraded dining option can be that people will actually surrender a coveted fast pass to eat there. They should try to replicate the success of BOG in the unused locations. Not saying that they would see the insane level of success they have witnessed at BOG, but, they can certainly come up with something. I have always felt that Adventureland needs more stuff, whether it be rides, shows, dining, whatever. This could be a great start. You could sit down and enjoy a good meal in the Adventureland Veranda right after purchasing some overpriced sunglasses from Sunglass Hut. :cool:

RSoxNo1

Since this location backs to the Adventureland Veranda, I assume this has to do with the shared kitchen. After this refurb, expect the Adventureland Veranda space to be used again for something constructive.
I sincerely hope you are correct. Considering they seem to be adding more dining options at the Animal Kingdom (and likely DHS), perhaps they're finally realizing how weak the other offerings are.

redfive13

I have always skipped this place, often had reservations and then switched them a week or so ahead of time. Guess I should try it before it possibly disappears...

aladdin2007

Man do I agree with all of these posts regarding lack of quality dining within WDW's most visited park. I have never been a fan of the selections. We typically leave and go to the monorail resorts for more dining options. At least now BOG was added. Sometimes we also get food cart items and sit in Gaston's Tavern (love that little spot for chilling out).

WDW has to see how successful an upgraded dining option can be that people will actually surrender a coveted fast pass to eat there. They should try to replicate the success of BOG in the unused locations. Not saying that they would see the insane level of success they have witnessed at BOG, but, they can certainly come up with something. I have always felt that Adventureland needs more stuff, whether it be rides, shows, dining, whatever. This could be a great start. You could sit down and enjoy a good meal in the Adventureland Veranda right after purchasing some overpriced sunglasses from Sunglass Hut. :cool:

I agree, but at one time these were all great restaurants until the princess frufru stuff took over the castle, crystal palace became characters only, and before the whole disney dining plan mess and one disney genericness ruined the food, offerings, and service at all of them esp Tonys for some reason.

If anything needs a major overhaul its the Plaza, can someone pull those hideous swinging doors off already? No one wants or likes to sit next to that. But there is something charming about the outdated-ness of Liberty Tree, the food and service is lousy but I think since its been left untouched all this time the atmosphere is one of the few things left that reminds me of the original Magic Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom