Liberty Tree Tavern closing in July for near 5 month refurbishment.

flyerjab

To me, there are 2 places that people really like to eat at in MK: BOG and CC. They need more well themed, truly nice dining experiences in this park, THE busiest in Orlando. And actually, BOG is only a recent addition to the "lineup" of options.

I am hoping that they have learned from what an experience such as BOG can be like. It is a minimal character dining experience as only the beast appears and meets kids/folks in an out of the way location. And it really isn't the presence of Beast that draws people, it is the immersive theming people experience, and one of the only nice places for a sit down. And it is impossible to get a reservation for.

Therefore, I am hoping that they have learned how people enjoy nice places to eat and do something nice in this area, and apparently also upgrade the food and service at LTT. We ate there in 2009 and had the family style dinner. We all really enjoyed it as it was basically simple home-style food in larger portions :hungry:.

that's my first thought as well. The kitchen is probably original to the building so an extensive refurbishment is likely in order. In addition to this they will likely make ADA upgrades and move a few things around for better cast/guest flow. Perhaps they will throw in a restroom referb for good measure.

This part I definitely agree with. Moving around in that restaurant is a cramped nightmare. And the location of the bathrooms is strange. You almost need to be a Cirque du Soleil performer to get up there and bypass all of the people to take care of business. :confused:

TRONorail12

I keep seeing people post this, so I want to make sure people get their facts straight. LTT does NOT share a kitchen with the Adventureland Veranda. It was designed to share a kitchen with Diamond Horseshoe. There is a separate kitchen for the Veranda that has been used by Stands West (Liberty Square, Adventureland, Frontierland) for years.

doctornick

The problem with a Club 33-type restaurant is that, sure Disney will pocket tons of money and the space will be in use, but it's not adding to the actual in park dining capacity, which is in desperate need of help.

Adventureland Veranda becomes a Club 33 type location
Diamond Horseshoe becomes a regularly opened quick serve with periodic live entertainment on the stage
Tortuga Tavern opens year round as a quick serve

Everyone benefits. Disney even gets to sell their lucrative Club 33 memberships for WDW.

Silly question: why did the Diamond Horseshoe have a Western themed show if it is technically in Liberty Square?

Next Big Thing

Why would they close it during the high-season when it is booked solid? They need to shut it down a few months later when it is not as busy. I know the parks are slammed during this time but mainly by the locals who are too cheap to pay for TS anyway.
The whole August/September/October period is probably the softest 3 month period WDW has (it's still not that soft due to F&W, but as far as MK goes...), but if they are going to close the restaurant, that's the time to do it. Especially because of the MNSSHP too because the restaurant closes early on those days anyway.

Cesar R M

Why would they close it during the high-season when it is booked solid? They need to shut it down a few months later when it is not as busy. I know the parks are slammed during this time but mainly by the locals who are too cheap to pay for TS anyway.
they will probably reopen one of the ones that are closed? (aka tortuga) ?

willtravel

The problem with a Club 33-type restaurant is that, sure Disney will pocket tons of money and the space will be in use, but it's not adding to the actual in park dining capacity, which is in desperate need of help.
Personally, I would like a Club 33 in Epcot. Bring traffic and $$ over there. But I don't know much about Club 33 though.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
wow, never watched the slow train wreck (board taken over by two accounts) and I hit refresh so many times to see it happen....

SOOOOO... back the LTT closing. I hope they can update the interior (and food) while keeping the existing charm. Extra room between tables, if possible, would also be nice:)

Sage of Time

I don't know anything about Club 33 plans, but I know that ideas for the AdvL Veranda have been around since at least 2010. They've wanted to do something with the space for ages and do so in a way that harkens back to another long lost dinner show, of sorts...

psherman42

Since this location backs to the Adventureland Veranda, I assume this has to do with the shared kitchen. After this refurb, expect the Adventureland Veranda space to be used again for something constructive.
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the reason for such a long refurb could be involving the Adventureland Veranda. I'm pretty sure Liberty Tree and the Veranda share facilities, correct? So if they are actually thinking of doing something of significance with the Veranda building again, this may be needed to get things underway.
Liberty Tree Tavern and Outdoor Vending/Veranda have separate kitchens. They're right next to each other, connected by the same hallway but they do not share. While it's possible this refurb has something to do with Adventureland Vernada, I really don't think it does.

Last edited:

Next Big Thing

Liberty Tree Tavern and Outdoor Vending/Veranda have separate kitchens. They're right next to each other, connected by the same hallway but they do not share. While it's possible this refurb has something to do with Adventureland Vernada, I really don't think it does.
But Liberty Tree shares with Diamond Horseshoe, right? So even if it doesn't have anything to do with the Veranda, it could have to do with returning the Horseshoe to being in full-time operation.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Since this location backs to the Adventureland Veranda, I assume this has to do with the shared kitchen. After this refurb, expect the Adventureland Veranda space to be used again for something constructive.

That would be very cool. Very cool indeed.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Adventureland Veranda becomes a Club 33 type location
Diamond Horseshoe becomes a regularly opened quick serve with periodic live entertainment on the stage
Tortuga Tavern opens year round as a quick serve

Everyone benefits. Disney even gets to sell their lucrative Club 33 memberships for WDW.

Silly question: why did the Diamond Horseshoe have a Western themed show if it is technically in Liberty Square?

Considering its theme and location, they should just make it part of frontierland. It is interesting. I had never noticed it was officially part of LS until you brought it up. I always assumed Diamond Horseshoe was on the edge of Frontierland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom