Liberty Tree Tavern closing in July for near 5 month refurbishment.

DisneyMusician2

Considering its theme and location, they should just make it part of frontierland. It is interesting. I had never noticed it was officially part of LS until you brought it up. I always assumed Diamond Horseshoe was on the edge of Frontierland.

I always thought it was in Frontierland as well, makes me want to pull out a map and see whats going on! I do miss that show being active though.

ImagineerDude

Liberty Tree Tavern is going to be closed from Jul. 6 - Nov. 20, 2015 for a refurbishment. Just a heads up to anyone who enjoys dining there.
hu12uk1.jpg
107.gif
Wait, I'm confused, hasn't this been discussed for about 5 pages now...

psherman42

But Liberty Tree shares with Diamond Horseshoe, right? So even if it doesn't have anything to do with the Veranda, it could have to do with returning the Horseshoe to being in full-time operation.
When Diamond was open for lunch last year, it's run by Stands. During busy times like Easter, Thanksgivig, and Christmas and Diamond was open with LTT's menu as a table service meal, then it's run by LTT and all the food was prepared in LTT's kitchen.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
The Frontierland / LibSq border is straddled by the trickling stream next to the shooting arcade (and a DVC hut)

There's nothing of note between the DVC hut and Diamond Horseshoe (if I'm picturing things correctly in my mind's eye. There are bathrooms in that space, correct?). Why not just make the Diamond Horseshoe part of FL? Does it fit in better with LS in some way that I don't understand/appreciate? Minor point, but weird.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
It's in Liberty Square. the river of **** goes past it.

I already noted nearby bathrooms. Could this all tie together? Since it is a theme park do we actually need a geographic feature to serve as the border? "Well, now, Space Mountain is on the other side of that there hill, so it is officially part of the Contemporary resort. Nothing much we can do about it. Would be cool to have it as a MK attraction, especially since we could probably come up with a theme that didn't seem to unobtrusive with respect to Tomorrowland." (Note:I am fully aware that no such hill exists before. Please don't write essays on the topic.)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There's nothing of note between the DVC hut and Diamond Horseshoe (if I'm picturing things correctly in my mind's eye. There are bathrooms in that space, correct?). Why not just make the Diamond Horseshoe part of FL? Does it fit in better with LS in some way that I don't understand/appreciate? Minor point, but weird.
The breezeway with ATM through to the bathrooms and Adventureland are Inbetween. A large enough space and transitional gap between lands as opposed to having the border down the middle of a building.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
The breezeway with ATM through to the bathrooms and Adventureland are Inbetween. A large enough space and transitional gap between lands as opposed to having the border down the middle of a building.

That's right. I use that breezeway as a kind of shortcut all the time. Still seems strange. You don't get much more Frontierlandy (like the adjective) than the Diamond Horseshoe.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That's right. I use that breezeway as a kind of shortcut all the time. Still seems strange. You don't get much more Frontierlandy (like the adjective) than the Diamond Horseshoe.
Indeed. And it did used to be classed as being in Frontierland, despite the companies own design philosophy stating the opposite since 1971.

Perhaps worthy of note was that Frontierland and Liberty Square were often bundled together as a pair in early years, often listed as one land with two different themes. Hence little details like this could be worked around.

To begin with, Frontierland had only Country Bears as a true attraction. Add another railroad stop and the canoes and it wasn't exactly a fully fleshed out land. It made sense to bundle with Liberty Square with only its HoP and Mansion as full attractions, plus the Keel Boats and Steamboats. Again a 'land' with hardly a full roster of attractions. Thundermountain helped Frontierland, but it seems only with the addition of Splash were the lands deemed worthy of standing on their own, and moving the Horseshoe to Liberty to balance things out and have the border act as a real distinction between lands.

Last edited:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Indeed. And it did used to be classed as being in Frontierland, despite the companies own design philosophy stating the opposite since 1971.

Perhaps worthy of note was that Frontierland and Liberty Square were often bundled together as a pair in early years, often listed as one land with two different themes. Hence little details like this could be worked around.

To begin with, Frontierland had only Country Bears as a true attraction. Add another railroad stop and the canoes and it wasn't exactly a fully fleshed out land. It made sense to bundle with Liberty Square with only its HoP and Mansion as full attractions, plus the Keel Boats and Steamboats. Again a 'land' with hardly a full roster of attractions.

When I think back to my childhood (I was born in 69) I don't know if anyone in my family really differentiated between the two lands in the 70s or even the 80s. So, what you're saying makes sense. I miss the Keel boats......

vonpluto

Early guidebook page headers:

Untitled-1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom